ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/1 Replies/36 Views
    RogerWilco58
    Original poster 1 posts

With the success of Mass Effect Trilogy Legendary edition, I would think that a Splinter Cell remastered project to both update the graphics engine and the graphics of the Splinter Cell games (beginning with the first one) would be well received. I would love to replay these old games that gave me many hours of enjoyment. There are a lot of young gamers out there, now, who have never seen or played Splinter Cell and won't play them because of the "ancient" graphics and low resolutions supported. I think that there would be a pretty large market for those games both from young gamers who don't even know those games exist as well as older gamers like me who would buy the game again just to play it with modern graphics.

If BioWare can do it with Mass Effect I'm sure Ubisoft could do it with Splinter Cell (and games like the Far Cry series. Far Cry 1 and 2 could both use a major facelift. Far Cry 3 is good. But it is still showing its age).

The market for these games is a known quantity based on the sales of the original games. I don't know what fraction of the original buyers/players of the games would buy them again and at what price point. But I'm sure there's enough of a market for them that makes financial sense. These were triple A titles when they were originally released. And they can even add female characters to Far Cry in places (more than were originally there. Michael Ironside's voice acting for Sam Fisher is great for a male player. But nothing says that new female voice acting can't be used for a female Sam(antha) Fisher. (Jennifer Hale would be a GREAT choice). And it would open the games up to more of a female audience. My wife says, though, that she LIKES Sam Fisher and likes playing the games as him.

Anyway, this is just an idea and I've wondered why Ubisoft hasn't gone this route (at least not publicly) since there seems to be a LOT of money left on the table if they don't pursue it. Maybe add a poll system to the Ubisoft site and poll whether people would be interested in replaying the game with new graphics and perhaps a female protagonist. (which Far Cry got later on) Ubisoft could benefit from knowing what their customers want. They could even put out polls one release info and pricing to see what people are willing to pay for it. Lots of lost opportunities for savvy execs. Having been in the corporate world and in game development I see the potential. But does Ubisoft?

If you'd love to play a remastered Splinter Cell series or Far Cry series (or any other), sing out and let them know you're interested.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics