ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bootyroast
    Original poster 2 posts

So I just finished the manhunt for Major Castillo, once I killed him and got close to his corpse for the loot, game crashed to desktop, asked me to send a crash report which I did.
    Restarted the game and went to the White House, turned in the Decryption Key to Agent Kelso and nothing happened afterwards.

Decided to relog and see if it fixes the problem, once I relog the mission progress seems to have reset itself and asked me to go give her the Decryption Key again however, now when I go to her, it says I don't have the key any longer and I cannot redo the Manhunt for Major Castillo anymore.

Help?

Video:

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @bootyroast, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and share that information with the video. I am sorry to hear that your game crashed when you finished the manhunt for Major Castillo and now you're missing a decryption key. I will gladly investigate this further, I just want to check here first, have you followed the steps in this technical troubleshooting article? If not, I would recommend you go through it. As these steps can help rule out many of the common causes for technical-related issues.

If you have but you continue to experience problems, please let me know!

• OldFart_2010
    4 posts

@bootyroast I can confirm the same, different way of being in the situation though, joined a call for help, when finished where I had the cut screen to say the manhunt was complete. no key the same as you. I have not tried to reset the hunt yet, will do that later today

• Moto24
    1 posts

I'm glad I wasn't the only one with the missing key issue. I didn't have any issues completing the bounty for Castillo but I didn't know how this was to play out, I thought it was like a standard DCD mission but after I got Castillo the door didn't open through the lab office like it would on a regular mission, is this the way it's suppose to be and you have to exit all the way back through the entrance? Anyway I didn't get a key and when I meet with Kelso again it said I need the 2nd key.

• Dratkcuf
    10 posts

same issue earlier today played with friend it froze me he finished the last boss but it kicked me back to the entrance this was not lag but bug friend had not done the other parts of the manhunt so he was able to complete the dcd.

• MyDamagedBrain
    1 posts

I have a similar issue, I completed the man hunt with friends before starting the season campaign, now I have completed the first manhunt I cannot talk to Kelso as she is not in the basement, just the side mission place holder and the ISSAC directions to show me the way. PLEASE fix this before the next Manhunt starts.
    Thanks

• Soobocz
    2 posts
    I have the same

• Soobocz
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • magnumpci
    2 posts

@ubi-gizmo
    I am having the same issue on Xbox. It seems to happen to ppl that were in a group.
    The bounty was the last thing I did so I am not pleased with the thought of doing the whole manhunt stuff again..

• bootyroast
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-gizmo Thanks for the reply.
    I did try those things but no dice.

Furthermore, those recommendations would probably be leaning more to solving crashes and similar while not much of a help with the issue that I am experiencing on hand.
    I appreciate your time taking to investigate this further.

• pwtsn
    1 posts

Similar, finished mission - game "put" me at the whitehouse. Now I cant re-do as I've done all other things in the manhunt.

• sbwy80
    1 posts

Same thing happened to me yesterday on Playstation. Finished the bounty and went to the White House and no key.

• Solar_01
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Solar_01
    3 posts

I finished the manhunt for Major Castillo S9 Wk1 (PC, UbiConnect). However, the game asks me to see Kelso at the White House. Looks like I miss a KEY to continue? I do not recall any crash on my side, but I am fairly sure I finished the S9 WK1 bounty in co-op.

Please help.

I tried to log a ticket but found no option at "https://www.ubisoft.com/en-au/help/contact", only "Chat is currently unavailable. Please choose another support method." with no other options listed (email/ ticket). Also looks like my forum reply does not post/ stay/ go live immediately (potential double post here).

• Silent___Sniper
    7 posts

@mydamagedbrain Yeah I just completed the mission myself and All I have is a Orange Dimond marker where Kelso is supposed to be, I do have the decryption key in my inventory though, so maybe we cannot use it till the next manhunt unlocks?

• Ubi-Akatsirin
    Ubisoft Support Staff 556 posts

Hey everyone !

Sorry to see you're all having this issue to some extent.

If you have been unable to get the encryption key while completing the mission in a group, can you please try to redo the mission solo if it's possible ?

We are currently looking into it as it has been report, so please keep an eye out for new information in the News & Announcement section.

If this is not the exact scenario that has happened to you, or if it happened when you were playing solo, please let me know, so I can report it to the team for further investigation, thanks !

Official Response
  • Solar_01
    3 posts

If you have been unable to get the encryption key while completing the mission in a group, can you please try to redo the mission solo if it's possible ?

We are currently looking into it as it has been report, so please keep an eye out for new information in the News & Announcement section.

How can we repeat the mission?
    It is marked complete and expired. So even resetting the season won't work?!

I got the key for the next / 2nd target but I am still 1 key behind. Did not get key first first target.

• SpiderJ1992
    2 posts

@solar_01 Same here. Completed the bounty for Daniels and Agent Kelso is not in the Whitehouse to use the second key

• sygnus21
    2 posts

I'm having the same issue. I completed the Castillio mission and gave Kelso the first key and it worked, but still had a mission objective for another key. Just finished the Daniels mission, gave Kelso the second key and nothing happened. Exited the game and got a "game crashed" notification. Now when I go back in the game, the mission objective to give Kelso the decryption key is still there, but Kelso has disappeared, yet the marker for where she should be (basement of White House) is still there yet she's gone. What gives!?!?!?

• xconII
    2 posts

is there a solution to this? i finished the complete manhunt before i noticed i was even suppose to get a key finished jefferson today 7/19/22 went to kelso and bam i need a key.. I was grouped for all the bounty main parts to it

Suggested Topics