ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hpoonis2010
    Original poster 31 posts

Aside from the extremely tedious chore of having to come here instead of getting actual support - requiring logging in to support only to be told to come here and login again here. GET A GRIP, UBISOFT!

After killing target (Castillo) and everything in the room, progress was blocked by an unknown entity in a locked room. Fast travel away and back did not resolve the problem. I'd rather not have to wait until a map reset (or force one) to try and fix this, then have to blah blah through the mission again.

I took screenshots but no apparent method to attach in forums.

By the way, it sends out a pulse like an EMP jammer but sounds like something mobile and mechanised.

Update: Delta occurred while I was writing this thread. Mission completed but as I had not progressed due to the above, I had no Lau key. The current mission status is "Use Faye Lau's second key to unblock the data", an object I do not possess.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• hpoonis2010
    Original poster 31 posts

Ah! A screenshot.

• hpoonis2010
    Original poster 31 posts

@hpoonis2010 I'd appreciate some kind of resolution. The entire season 9 manhunt is now blocked because of this.

• MisterFibble
    74 posts

I had this as well but firing off the jammer pulse skill killed it and got the area secured.

Sounded like a striker drone that wasn't able to path out the room before the door closed.

• u102795
    3 posts

After having killed Castillo I could not proceed to clear the rest of the targets as there were none left. Could therefore not continue as there was no exit possible (all doors locked)
    I heard then a drone noise behind the door marked with Office 104. I placed a seeker mine at the bottom of the door. The seeker mine passed cleanly underneath the door and exploded inside but without opening the door. The noise of the drone stopped but I could still not exit. After teleporting to the BoO I could not get go on because I did not have the key. The bounty is now marked on the map as completed, so no way to repeat it (Rewards reduced as bounty completed). How can I reset the bloody thing?

• hpoonis2010
    Original poster 31 posts

@misterfibble If so, it had a tank/mobile sound quite unlike the regular drone noise. Also, striker drone would not pop out a pulse (as in image).

Whichever way one looks at it, the entire manhunt is unavailable because of this. The mission is done as far as progress is concerned.

I was also in a group completing this on heroic level but still no progress.

• MisterFibble
    74 posts

Running it solo there's a couple of places where a drone is flying about but it does an emp pulse rather than shoot you, the audio whirr is no different from one type of drone to another. They appear to be their own entity and don't die when a specific enemy is killed the way the sniper drones or RC sawblade cars do.

If the offending thing was a minitank then the jammer pulse by the door should have had the range to damage it so a couple of pulses should have done the trick.

That said it's still a bug that needs to be fixed since if someone has never used that skill there's no obvious way of killing things on the other side of a door.

• Yozzer8
    2 posts

@u102795
    Same problem here. I killed the Major and took what he had which included a key. There was all the usual successful mission stuff, so I just had a look around in case I had missed anything, then speed travelled back to base only to find I did not have the key.
    Stuck now right at the beginning of the season, just hope they introduce a method of replaying the last bit, or a fix to indicate we really do have the key.
    Not too impressed to be honest.

• hpoonis2010
    Original poster 31 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 334 posts

Hello @u102795!

I'm sorry that your Manhunt for Castillo became bugged at the end. I'm trying to remember from my own playthrough this past weekend, but I believe that a door did end up opening up towards the back of the room, and I was able to exit from there. Could you explain a bit more about the key that you were missing that was preventing you from proceeding?

To answer your question about how to reset, you can open the map and then go to Manhunt at the top, and click on Castillo. There should be an option to reset the manhunt campaign at the bottom of the screen. On the PC, you would just need to hit the "G" key.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Official Response
  • Yozzer8
    2 posts

@ubi-perseids

Hi, thanks for the quick response.
    I was able to reset following your comments, and completed the manhunt again up to the same point where I killed Major Castillo. All was the same, and the messages made clear I has succeeded, and I should go to Kelso with the first Key. I spent nearly an hour then trying to find a way out, but as last time, I eventually fast travelled back to base as directed by the prompt signals, and wen to see Kelso.
    The game then said the quest was completed, and Castillo is marked dead, but the success was immediately followed by the message give Kelso the second key, which I apparently do not have, as she would not interact with me further. If I walk away, the prompts indicate I should go back to give Kelso the second key.
    Is the problem the prompts should not be there as that part of the quest has completed OK? Why can I not exit after killing Major Kelso, I did search hard, but there is no way to go back, but I tried every door I could get to.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Hey guys,

Our apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

As I'm sure you know it's been very busy here, so we've been doing what we can to respond to everyone's posts, albeit not as fast as we'd otherwise like to.

I've passed your reports onto the game team for further investigation and we'll update the forums as and when there's any developments on this.

Thank you for your reports!

Official Response

Suggested Topics