ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• N3mB0t
    Original poster 991 posts

Manhunt is extremely short compared to the last format , its only a third of the tasks really , the whole thing can be done easily under an hour , i dont necessarily disliked it but i feel a tiny bit more filler content to get to the target should be in order , we jumped from 80 to 8 , maybe a middle ground would be a better solution.

the propaganda broadcast with the target voice and added enemies was a nice touch , maybe adding a little something to the CPS too could make the manhunt content not feel like we are just doing the same usual stuff all over again.

now for the invaded "mission" , for starters its not a mission , its a bounty that leads to the DCD entry and uses the DCD map , this says to me it wont be repeatable , which is a crying shame.

on start i was very suprised , in a very positive way ,about the number , distribution and quality of the NPCs , its was just great , i felt over run and loved it , even hallways and usualy dead zones in that mission were populated with NPCs trying to rush you , i just simply loved it , keep the mentality like this when designing missions bucharest , its the right direction ,i genuinely stopped 2 or 3 times to express to my team mate " THIS IS HOW AN HEROIC MISSION SHOULD FEELL!! F YEAH!!!

it was also very nice that it was mostly elites like in the old days before the nerfs that existed because some people wanted an easy life on heroic.

but the hapiness didnt last long , when i started to really analize it .

first disapointing thing i already mentioned , its not repeatable , its not permanent content .
    the map layout is the same as we get on the BT invaded version , absolutely nothing was changed, not the decor or even the route you have to take through the map.

and in the end , like in almost all if not all bounties , no big thought was aparently put into it , when the boss comes out the amount of enemies is very low compared to the rest of the map and its so easy to kill that the anti climax words come to mind , its like everything was well done up to that point and then when it was most important someone said F it and took the low effort route.

the mission ends still inside the building , before what is suposed to be the boss area on that map , and you either back track all the way out or you fast travel because no more doors will open for you to naturaly go into the LZ again, this isnt anything major but just like in the regular bounties it just feels unfinished , small details that make a lot of diference IMO.

all this isnt very important if we take into account it isnt suposed to be permanent content , but that is what feels worst , i really thought we were going to have new invaded missions to play on a regular basis after the manhunts are over , and apart from the main target mission , that will be only 4 for the whole year, all the rest will just disapear because they arent really missions , which is a shame.

still , after seeing how Bucharest thought a mission composition should be im more optimistic for the future , hope they really get the hang of the engine and are able too fine tune everything that has been hanging waiting for fixes for more than 2 years now and also produce some quality content.

i did my part to support this restart effort, boght the season pass before even starting the game and will buy the other 3 for sure , hope UBISOFT and MASSIVE now do theirs , although in the UBISOFT department im very doubtful they will ever learn to value what matters, never the less... keep it up Bucharest , your effort was noted and apreciated , keep doing more and better.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• BT3241
    132 posts

I did the final bounty on heroic lone-wolf it was a good battle all the way through they almost got me a couple of times - I liked it and hope more bounties are at mission sites - makes you respect True Sons they were tough. I was not really pumped about it being DCD but lets see if it continues into mission sites.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    523 posts

@n3mb0t
    great post from a true division lover

I share most of your views, unfortunately. Agree, the worst thing is that the „new“ invaded missions are few minutes playtime only. Means we can continue playing the same things from original release.

I couldn’t finish dcd manhunt due to a crash. Will do at the weekend again. But what I saw was disappointing considering the big marketing session. Well basically we do the same stuff again with negligible changes.

Propaganda broadcast ??? Common, delete that crap from the whole map. It’s nice that other tasks are included but such nonsense stuff. The map is fantastic but these open world tasks are something from a game 10 years old. I expected a positive change and involvement of new areas of the existing map.

Disappointment is not the right word for this.

• BT3241
    132 posts

Actually I didn't make it the first time - I killed everyone but the Boss who was way at the back and almost down and I ran around the corner right into his turret which just shredded me I was [censored] for being so stupid.

• MisterFibble
    81 posts

I liked the sound of trimming some of the fat from manhunts to make it less time consuming to run them on multiple characters, especially those that involve the mind-numbing dullness of the summit. But feel like what we have in game is really quite lacking with 3 zones per hunt slashed to a single area. The broadcast could at least have been buffed to a version similar to the elite convoys/patrols, 3 waves of nothing just feels like wasted potential. Less encouragement to do content in the main game isn't a good thing when there's a new season and the new grindathon expertise system in place. Not everyone wants to do an endless cycle runs of countdown, that I really wish was done as a survival mode rather than timed shooting gallery.

As with others have said the final bounty in the DCD ending just before the end of the regular mission makes leaving a case of backtracking the entire place or fast travel. For me it also bugged slightly on one run because one of the striker drones stayed inside a side room with the door closed, the jammer pulse solved the problem but annoying none the less. Going forward at the very least these bounty versions should have the exits open.

• As1r0nimo
    354 posts

Imho, it looks like an alpha of a great concept. Season 10 should definitely prolong the missions and add some boss mechanics. I think, everyone remembers true son boss coming down in Space research center.

As for "not repeatable" - it's a bounty, so you can repeat it by repeating manhunt.

• N3mB0t
    Original poster 991 posts

@as1r0nimo

by repeatable i mean something i could do in 6 months from now , like a real manhunt mission , permanent content.

and yes i also had the impression , and hope , that they are testing the waters with this early content to have a guideline to know what and how to do it in the future , lets all hope that´s the case , at least they already managed some positives from the get go , the rest is just to keep listening to the player base and including that in the weight of their decisions.

• KraziAgent
    50 posts
    Not everyone wants to do an endless cycle runs of countdown, that I really wish was done as a survival mode rather than timed shooting gallery.

Not everyone wants to do an endless cycle runs of countdown, that I really wish was done as a survival mode rather than timed shooting gallery.

I agree, and Not solo mode neither IL PASs on countdown, I dont like Matchmaking, people are @.$.$. Holes to me every time i tried or kicks me out the groupd once the kick counter hits zero. what is the point if noone like me or my playstyle, my playstyle is being SOLO.... Thats me I done want friends. Im a loner/ SOLO player i just like to enjoy killing (any NPC that's fun) outcasts in a firely blaze (outcast Grenadiers) shooting their nades sack, NEED MORE OF THIS CC stuff without needing CC build's it BS (MORE Easier TO HIT WEAKPOINTS

AND THE NEEDS MORE STACH ISSUE.... here s an idea?
    I have an Idea on the need more stash issue they said "Yannick" need creative ways o add space. so.. how about to add our skill/gear mods to the bench where we add our weapons and gear stats/talents to the library then that free ​up more slots and be more like the weapons mods where we craft just the gear mods we need or want instead of everything.... and values come from the stats library and u just craft that mod, and you add the stat (higher than curretn equipped_ picked up goes directly in the stats & talents library

( OR SEPERATE the MODS From teh stash space and just give us a Mods Only stash, ( this should not be as bad as just giving us more stash space (say 400) for example) and have it be like how out mods can be 100/100 in our inventory??? seperate from our inv space 150 of 150 being maxxed but also have 100/100 mod slots (tech we got 250 slots but 100 or dedicated to just mods. either just seperate mods (gear/skills mods) from teh stash or combine our invetory adding the mods with the rest of weapons& gear so we have 250 inventory slots and can choost to carry more gear/weapons rather than mods, kinda how DIVISION 1 WAS in the first place (but we only had 120 slot @ endgame so it was worse then..... revert back too that kinda system in div 2 idk storage needs address all my agent al 4x are maxed out 150 of 150 (inv 150/150 & stash) 300/300 (even mods in inv. are 100/100) just give us inventory 150 + 100 (mods storage) combined as total gear/weapons& mods all in the same inv space, it scould help, decide to just not cary aany mods at all, just more weapons, & or Just gear, IT should be possibel plase take a look at it MASSIVE/Bucharest/Ubi Romania?

​im goona have o post that o the forums... ill post it as, 

"ways to increase stash/inv space."

if we add the stats/gear mods to the stat library, it would save a lot of space rather than hang one toall?

• KraziAgent
    50 posts
    I liked the sound of trimming some of the fat from manhunts to make it less time consuming to run them on multiple characters, especially those that involve the mind-numbing dullness of the summit. But feel like what we have in game is really quite lacking with 3 zones per hunt slashed to a single area. The broadcast could at least have been buffed to a version similar to the elite convoys/patrols, 3 waves of nothing just feels like wasted potential. Less encouragement to do content in the main game isn't a good thing when there's a new season and the new grindathon expertise system in place. Not everyone wants to do an endless cycle runs of countdown, that I really wish was done as a survival mode rather than timed shooting gallery.As with others have said the final bounty in the DCD ending just before the end of the regular mission makes leaving a case of backtracking the entire place or fast travel. For me it also bugged slightly on one run because one of the striker drones stayed inside a side room with the door closed, the jammer pulse solved the problem but annoying none the less. Going forward at the very least these bounty versions should have the exits open.

the older seasons 1-4-8) were all too overwhelming for everything we had to do in the manhunts, way too much.. i like the new system except i wanted actually reused MISSIONS (not mission used "BOUNTIES" this is not what i wanted, I wanted a toggleable Manhunt targets :missions" in either NEW Missions or old missions completely with new Routes! hell they could have done the "old racing game trick" need for speed trick, of just reversing or reversed & mirrored tracks idea.(mission layouts)... but the mission rather than starting in the same spot as the invaded & DCD outcasts story mission start at the end and finish at the og missions beginning. Now thats how you do it MASSIVE!!!! but Manhunts need replayable content & variability. like how underground in div 1 was (modular in design)... and new areas opened and needs new paths. not just a NPC reskin which is really all it is.... DUMB af..... not WHAT I WANTED, almost, but they missed the mark, FIX IT or im done, but DO not make it more overwhelming like older seasons 1-4 (5-8 re-runs)

open up the undergrouns sewers. expand the under ground further, i mean cmon.. give us something WORTH It to keep playing

• Viking_Jarl
    98 posts

@N3mB0t

TLDR

These missions are complete waste of time and bull*hit
    This constant reuse of assets tells a story that not many people at massive are eager to keep their players around.

If you look at Bungie you'll see they have painted themselves in the same corner!

I think there could be done a lot more to kept the interest and funscale on a higher level.

As far as i'm concerned it's better to bury these games and let the franchise die with dignity!

Tom Clancy would flip in his grave if he saw how Ubisoft tarnished his good name!

• GnarlyAtol1793
    523 posts

@N3mB0t
    the rest is just to keep listening to the player base“

they don’t listen to me 😢😢😢😁

• GnarlyAtol1793
    523 posts

@Viking_Jarl

Hey Viking, out of curiosity, what is it what you like to play in this game? Because you are contributing a lot in this forum it tells me that you love this game, to a certain extent at least.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    523 posts

@Viking_Jarl

These missions are complete waste of time“

I do not share that view but also not the enthusiasm of others.

I returned to the game yesterday to play the new manhunt and the previous one.

The new manhunt covers a bit two things from my long long long unrealistic wish list of improvements 😊 for which suchunga rightly kicked me several times 😁:

• adding a bit narrative to (some) endgame activities that they contribute to the story instead of blunt sterile shooting (via communications with officers, agents, civilians, … radio messages, interactions with computers, … but hell, no long video sequences as in RDR2, I wanna play not watching a movie 😊)
    • making use of the super great mission maps for other activities, like smaller side missions, projects, smaller activities, including in projects requiring to search for people/information as a more complex open world activity, embedding secrets in mission maps that contribute to story (instead of shoot yellow box for loot [censored]), information that can be found there unlocking other activities, … God, these missions look so great, Pentagon, White Oak, all the others, so much effort for limited use …

The new manhunt set up slightly contributes to the above. Therefore I like it 😊. The first, DCD building … tried solo 5 times because of the key issue, then I called for help 😁, was a bit legendary light for me 😘. Did not recognize what has been changed with the CPs and public executions, propaganda … are meh activities for me which I normally ignore because the map is full with it and uninspiring, activities for farmers only.

BUT: it’s a lot work for them to prepare this new manhunt for 1-2 hour play time only, means 99,9% of our playtime is playing the same content since release. Perhaps they could reuse the manhunt setup via inclusion in weekly projects, in a random/rotating manner to make more use of all their great efforts.

Suggested Topics