ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 419 posts

I like the mode a lot!!
    It's fast and exciting.
    There is this rush of having to be quick in this mode BUT if you aren't fast enough you don't lose everything.
    But THEN AGAIN, the completely dying In the end part makes it still "important" to not die!!
    Good job on that!!
    Some feedback/suggestions
    • = importance rate
    The more • the more important it is.

••••• 1. DON'T NERF THE HUNTERS!!!!
    Keep the Hunters (and the mode) how they are.
    They are good how they are now.
    (I even think they are becoming softer as they don't even finish you off anymore.
    (This might be for Countdown but still))
    ‐---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ••• 2. Directives shown at the begin scene.
    It would be a faster decision what build to use for everyone, if we see what is going to happen at the starting scene. Example:

COUNTDOWN

- Enemies have Hazard resistance
    - Long range damage decreased
    - Skill damage decreased

Waiting for players...

I ask this because my clan members and I sometimes don't see the 'directive' show up.
    And we run into combat with a CC build that isn't helpfull at all.
    I also had (with Match Made groups) that we are at the first objective and 2 or 3 players leave (while still alive/not damaged).
    And I'm guessing that is because they just figured out that the enemies have Hazard resistance and feel useless now, so they just leave.
    (Could die, respawn and change builds.
    But the loading screens...I rather leave too.
    Plus running back to the objective, tru that "maze" again.)
    ••• 3. Countdown Commendations
    Speaks for it self, but maybe do that after you figured out what to do with Difficulties.
    Things to do to get an outfit, weapon/gear dye, skill vanity('s), masks.
    (Let us EARN at least 1 mask per Difficulty)
    So we can prove/showoff which difficulty+Commendation we've completed.

But please NOT just: 'Complete this difficulty'.
    • 4. A longer timer at the extraction part.
    Not a must, but it could be a little longer.
    The fight at the end is the most exciting, only it is so short.
    I think the timer should be longer IF people completed all minor and major objectives.
    I mean, after "saving" the Powerplant there is no reason to leave as fast as you can right?
    •• 5. Running out of/towards a Objective.
    It feels too empty while running to a objective (or away from).
    There should be something in those long tunnels or hallways.
    Like:
    - A Hunter or 2 that try to melee you (but if you shoot them once they smoke bomb despawn).
    - A Hunter that throws a teargas/flashbang at you and quickly despawns.
    - A Hunter killing a Riker/Hyena/True Son, then running towards you (while being immune to damage) and despawns when he's in a 3m radius.
    So not a serious fight but just something to look for/at while running tru 4 long hallways/tunnels. (Quick events)
    ••• 6. More difficulties is a must. (I guess)
    Because I see people complaining about:
    - How hard it is
    - They want no timer at all
    - They can't solo it
    - Hunters are too spongy
    - Even regular Enemies are too spongy...(???)
    - Too much EMP's

Discovery Mode
    No Timer, No EMP's, No Hunters.
    Regular Black Tusk Bosses at Extraction.

Normal Mode
    30min timer, EMP's, 4 Hunters at Extraction
    4 Regular Black Tusk Bosses at each Directive booster. (And also 4 at extraction)

Hard Mode
    How it is now

Legendary Mode
    8 (or less ) vs (always) 8 vs (always) 8.
    You have to survive 3 rounds of "Mexican Standoff's"
    8 of us VS 8 Rogue's VS 8 Hunters.

- No timer as this is gonna be hard as hell.
    - White Tusk spawn halfway into the hallways/tunnels and outside of the Powerplant.
    (Not a lot of White Tusk enemies as the 8v8v8 is the actual mission.
    It's just to fill in the empty areas so we are not running long times without doing anything).

That's it
    Again good job on the mode!!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    523 posts

because it’s a feedback thread to Countdown, mostly it’s already covered by the above:

as we can see there are also people who like the mode but there are also people who prefer normal missions. By the proposals above different difficulty is already addressed. BUT: is it so hard to apply the same methodology as in the base game to this, keeping of course this rusher raid as a separate mode for the ones who like that. I wished that we would have the option to play all difficulty levels from normal up to heroic (or legendary for the skill build players) and that we can decide to play solo or with other people, the same way as in the normal missions and has been done when the outskirt missions have been added. Man, why always doing things differently and for limited people only … when does it come to an end.

I played Countdown several times yesterday. Zero interest in playing that ever again, the second Kenly for me. Frustrating. But the proposal above would make both parties happy, the raid rushers/grinders and the mission lovers.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

I caved to peer pressure, and our 4man did a Countdown with MatchMaking. First time the whole other squad and a teammate disconnected. I some how survived til the extraction timer completed, but didn't get out.

Second time we had 8 and it was smooth and easy. We took two modifiers and an objective, they took another objective, met and completed both the main objective and the extract.

As I said on PTS, no need to have the team do so much work for so many levels.
    • Normal is as currently constructed.
    • Discovery is simply PTS1 sponge, and remove the Extraction Timer. Please do not remove the Hunter's from Discovery, as they are the main reason I would play Discovery [combined with not wanting to MatchMake] - it would be a great solo/duo version of Countdown [or for new players].
    • Maybe Legendary Countdown is where the Bucharest team could learn how to use White Tusk?

Suggested Topics