ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DCAustin007
    Original poster 27 posts

Is it just my system or is the game crashing and/or disconnecting more often for everyone else too? I've had 2 CTD and 1 error screen logout in only an hour or two of playing. Admittedly I'm no veteran and Windows10 has seen many updates since the last major game patch but I don't remember the game ever crashing on me in a very long time, if ever.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• E.M.P.I.
    6 posts

@dcaustin007 I've been crashing a lot as well.

• Thander_Gil
    2 posts

@dcaustin007 The game is unplayable for me and the wife. Major lag spikes, auto ported out of missions, missions auto reset, and game locking up. Specifically the Castillo bounty

• xcel30
    982 posts

Yeah very odd crashes and freezes, lots and lots of big CPU usage spikes as well, straight up 95% of my CPU for some odd reason

• desrocchi
    226 posts

I experienced more crashes than usual. I used to maybe crash less than once per session but in the last couple of days I crashed 5 times.

I also noticed a lot of FPS losses, like the game goes at 10 - 15 FPS for a couple of seconds and then goes back to normal. I even tried lowering the graphic settings but it changes nothing.
    I'll monitor the situation to check if it's the CPU spikes mentioned above that cause my FPS loss.

• HarryZachOBalls
    4 posts

@dcaustin007 My game has been freezing up as well. One time at the Castillo bounty and one time in free roam.
    Have been playing a decent amount just before the update may 12th. And no issues there, at all.

• Valkurie
    7 posts

@dcaustin007 Yes, happening with me as well... I'm sure they are aware of it and are working to resolve.

• martinjamesdell
    1 posts

Facing the same problem, please let me know if there is any solution you find.

James

• SuspiciousPixel
    588 posts

@martinjamesdell there is no solution massive need to fix this issue. I have been getting so many hangs and crashes since this latest update. Also the game is doing some crazy stuff to my 5900x before the crash occurs with all cores getting maxed. Prior to this update my game was running stable even in dx12 for months.

• HarryZachOBalls
    4 posts

@martinjamesdell I reinstalled nvidia gpu driver 512.59. Been playing for 3 hours without crashing.
    512.77 crashed my game after 5-10 minutes.

• DCAustin007
    Original poster 27 posts

Just crashed on me again after maybe 10 minutes of game time. The game freezes, without being able to ALT F4 to close it, you have to bring up task manager to end it.
    @HarryZachOBalls What GPU do you use? I'm still on a1080ti so I avoid those new drivers.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@dcaustin007 Haven't had any hard crashing, but staying connected has been an issue. Sure it has to due with the free weekend and 85% discount.

• xcel30
    982 posts

@raciaiadhesive Nah, rainbow six is also offline for around 3 hours now at the moment of this message i think it's just ubi not having structure

• HarryZachOBalls
    4 posts

@dcaustin007 Well that backfired. Crashed again this morning after 15 minutes playtime.
    I have a 1070, but running everything on medium or low.

• SuspiciousPixel
    588 posts
    @martinjamesdell I reinstalled nvidia gpu driver 512.59. Been playing for 3 hours without crashing.
    512.77 crashed my game after 5-10 minutes.

I installed 512.59, 512.15 and used DDU to clean install and the game crashed with them also. It's a Ubisoft issue. Also when I join groups/friends I get Deltas frequently.

• DCAustin007
    Original poster 27 posts

@harryzachoballs After you posted last night I installed 512.15 and the game ran fine for a couple hours. Had been running 496.76 but yeah maybe the crashing is due to some backend network issue. Maybe a community rep can comment about this? @Ubi-Aspira @Ubi-Borealis

edit: it crashed again today.

• UrbanChaos
    67 posts

I agree, 5 out of 10 times countdown just crashes the game completely upon going to the entry cut scene. I also have issue with Heartbreaker not always proc'ing. Way more unstable now since TU15 update.

• Valkurie
    7 posts

@dcaustin007 That would be awesome to hear an updated response from Ubisoft about this crashing/freezing issue. At least so we know they have identified an issue and are working on it, some of us can't play the new content right now and it's very frustrating 😞

• UrbanChaos
    67 posts

@valkurie You will be waiting a long time for that.

• Valkurie
    7 posts

@urbanchaos yes probably so...

Suggested Topics