ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Greybear_one
    Original poster 12 posts

So, Im trying to connect the XBOX Series X to the Ubisoft network as it is needed to complete / perform some quests or see what the kid in Raventhorpe offers in the store pr contracts.

First I was getting the x70000052 error. So, I logged into Ubisoft on the Computer, verified the Password and then on the XBOX (but it did not ask for the password) it connected just fine. I was able to then receive my rewards for Quest completions.

So, then I went back to the Game and the kid in Raventhorpe still would not let me access the Store or give me a contract. Giving me the Error x00000004. So, I closed the game and Rebooted the console.

Now when the XBOX tries start the game, Im given the Error x70000009

When I move past that and click the Ubisoft Connect button, it does nothing. When I enter the game and hit [esc] and click the Ubisoft Connect. It still does nothing.

So, the Trouble Shooter: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/troubleshooting-connectivity-issues-on-xbox-series-xors/000097279
    Suggests to UNLINK the Account.

So, back onto the Computer, access my account, locate the Accounts Manager, locate the XBOX account, click UNLINK....Popup tells me Im about to Unlink and I click Continue... I unlink the Account.

I then RELINK the account via the XBOX, as the Computer Accounts manager just gives an ERROR ""Cannot login external with XBOX""

So, after relinking the ACCOUNT, Im still faced with the x00000004 error.

After using the Turn Off Console option, it gives x20000005 Error.

Using the XBOX Settings >> Full shutdown ... Still get Error x00000004

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2887 posts

Hey @greybear_one ,

Did you also give the other steps in that article a try to ensure there's nothing local impacting your connection?

If so - could you please open a direct case with us via our Support Site, Facebook or Twitter so we can take a closer look into this and your account links?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Greybear_one
    Original poster 12 posts

Ill start working through the ""internet connection"" items but Ill tell you right up front, it all reads like BUSY WORK.

Opening the Router setting and putting the XBOX in the DMZ made no difference.
    Enabling the IPv6, made no difference.

Purchasing a 25ft Cat6 cable, Ill assume, will make no difference. But Ill have to wait to verify.

And the Reason I feel this will make NO difference is that it WORKED previously without Doing ANY of these items.

BTW, I Unlinked STEAM from my account and this has changed the Error to x20000005

What this is telling me is that there is an issue WITH MY ACCOUNT DATA on your WEBSITE.

But, Ill get back with you.

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 143 posts

Thanks for the update @greybear_one !

Let us know how it goes and if the issue persists after completing all the troubleshooting and testing the connection on your Ethernet cable as well!

Official Response
  • Greybear_one
    Original poster 12 posts

Cable showed up today. Wasted money. Made no difference other than everything now loads faster. (DuH! 🙂 not on Wifi with a 304Mbps up and 12Mbps Down.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WTH0yvpq-wYJQf_Ea8He5Lg36mupZCot/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WTH0yvpq-wYJQf_Ea8He5Lg36mupZCot/view?usp=sharing)

• azullFR
    2280 posts

@greybear_one

hello,
    sadly this is an old issue : you can have a look at the Megathread here ( Started : December 29th, 2020 ) :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/149266/encountering-online-service-error-0x00000004-post-here?lang=en-US

Good luck tou you 🤞

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 783 posts

Hello @Greybear_one,
    Thanks for getting back to us with the results of your speed test and I'm sorry to hear the issue still persists when using the wired connection.
    Could you please follow advice of @Ubi-TheBerry and create a support case with us so we will have a closer look and request system files and additional screenshots from you?

Thank you in advance.

Official Response
  • Greybear_one
    Original poster 12 posts

Update....

So, I go to start the game today and there is an UPDATE. After the Update the Kid now has STORE items and Contracts.

We shall see what happens after I complete these 3 contract.

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 365 posts

Hey @greybear_one! Thanks for the update! Keep us posted on how it goes. 👍

Official Response
  • Greybear_one
    Original poster 12 posts

So I took the 3 Contracts and I let them Expire. But during that time, I had also turned off the XBOX for the night and sometime the next day or so, I went back to the Contract Giver and hte Errors were there again.

So, 2 days ago, I went back to the Contract Giver and he gave me Contracts. I took each, one at a time, and completed them. Upon return, he would again talk to me and give me the Store front and tell me that there were no contracts presently.

After I shut down the XBOX to eat dinner, upon return to the Contract Giver, the errors appeared.

The errors affect both the Store front offers as well as the Contract offers.

=====================

@lukasz100nx has suggested disabling the QUICK START. Upon checking and finding the error present, I exited the game, disabled the Quick Start, Loaded the game and the error was gone.

Presently Ive shutdown again and Ill check the result again tomorrow, but the result was Instant with this suggestion so far.

• Greybear_one
    Original poster 12 posts

Update....

So, after logging in today, I had the Same issue, BUTTTTTTT!!!!!!! Upon rechecking the Quick Start, I found that the Game had been RE-ADDED to the Quick Start Menu.

After disabling it AGAIN. Re-Starting the Game again Fixed it.

So, this is definitely connected to the Quick Start.

Now, How to stop the XBOX App from constantly RE-adding this game: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-series-x-how-to-stop-adding-games-to-the/fdd311b1-62a8-4d82-aaaf-be5b851a546d

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Howdy @greybear_one , thanks very much for keeping us updated on this.

I can see our teams are investigating the 0x00000004 error players are reporting on Series X and S, so I'd recommend keeping an eye on News & Announcements for updates about this. You could even set the category to 'watching,' and then change your Discussions settings to email you when there's a new thread in that category (let me know if you'd like more specific instructions on how to set that up). My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Official Response

Suggested Topics