ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Eagleyezx
    Original poster 135 posts

Hey Ghosts,

Discussing Ghost Recon's upcoming competition I think, is the best way to shape the next Ghost Recon Over game.

We have news that Arma Forger is coming to console, giving us hardcore Ghost Recon/Socom fans the type of game that we've wanted on next gen console.

If our excessive feedback hasn't been exhausting enough, I think its sufficient when a game will provide the things we want in a game, being a strong competitor in the squad based tactical shooter genre, that's both first and third person.

Official leak intel:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/upg8oz/arma_reforger_marketing_and_brand_guide_leak/

The Future of Arma live stream is set to take place on Tuesday, May 17 at 2pm ET/ 7pm BST.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/it-looks-like-arma-reforger-has-leaked-and-its-coming-to-consoles/: (https://videogameschronicle.com/news/it-looks-like-arma-reforger-has-leaked-and-its-coming-to-consoles)

I don't think Arma is up to a lot of Ghosts taste, but I know some will be looking forward to this. Let me know your thoughts!

Eagleyezx,

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Megalodon-26
    294 posts

@eagleyezx I'll definitely check it out, but if it's only designed for Coop and PVP, I'll probably give it as pass.

• Church367A
    147 posts

@eagleyezx Based off of the youtube vid, Reforger sounds more like an early access actual Beta to sort out bugs for the ARMA 4 release. Still looking forward to it and hope that it is good, but due to so many games launching in a broken and buggy state it is still one of those time will tell kind of things.

Does anyone know if it is supposed to support co-op gameplay and if so, how many players? Co-op with at least 6-8 others is something I would mainly want out of such a game. I'd still check it out for pvp, but can't say that would be my main interest in it.

• Eagleyezx

@church367a Regardless, Bohemia Interactive has big plans for the Arma franchise and hopefully give Ubiflop some competition. I'll get it on PC.

But check out the Intel link which has all the information that we have at the moment. The reveal will be on the 17th.

• Eagleyezx

@megalodon-26 The scenario editor allows us to create missions on the map, so a lot of modders will be uploading them onto the ecosystem. I'm a big fan of them on Arma 3. Not sure if there's a campaign though.

• Kean_1
    158 posts
    @eagleyezx Based off of the youtube vid, Reforger sounds more like an early access actual Beta to sort out bugs for the ARMA 4 release. Still looking forward to it and hope that it is good, but due to so many games launching in a broken and buggy state it is still one of those time will tell kind of things.

Does anyone know if it is supposed to support co-op gameplay and if so, how many players? Co-op with at least 6-8 others is something I would mainly want out of such a game. I'd still check it out for pvp, but can't say that would be my main interest in it.

That's pretty much they way I look at it although it is also a test bed for ARMA 4 rather than just sorting out bugs, etc.

They want to pitch it as it's own "premium" release though vs. short selling it as some kind of demo. It will have a heavy emphasis on multiplayer (competitive and cooperative gameplay). It is also large scale combat so I would imagine large teams with smaller squads and so on. ....I'm assuming it will have AI for co-op.

The map will be 52 sq km. By comparison, GTAV's map is around 80 sq km and CoD Warzone is 9 sq km. A decent size I'd say but well shy of DayZ's 225 sq km and ARMA 3's 270 sq km Altis map.

.....but, being someone who plays DayZ I can say that I have learned to temper my expectations. Even 3 years after release on console the game still has persistent issues with refinement and optimization. That being said, it's still a game my friends and I continue to revisit regardless. Heck, I even rent servers for us.

In either case, Reforger will likely be a game my friends and I will be very interested in. ....the co-op aspect that is. I'm staying tuned to see what they have to share this coming Tuesday.

• Steven527
    381 posts

@eagleyezx I'd rather drive a spike through my head than listen to that reviewer again. Could he repeat the title any more f'n often?
    On the other hand I'll be keeping an eye on the game.

• Kean_1
    158 posts
    @eagleyezx I'd rather drive a spike through my head than listen to that reviewer again. Could he repeat the title any more f'n often?
    On the other hand I'll be keeping an eye on the game.

Yeah, I don't see a lot of value in many of the videos I've seen from him and find his voice starts to get grating pretty quick. He even tends to use click-bait titles which is a big turn-off for me.

I didn't watch the above video and found out about the Reforger leak from my other news sources I go to. ....including the PDF with all the details all of these folks are using to create their content.

...by the way, as dry as this guy is (maybe too dry for some), he's a good source of information / insight on these games so I'll link a video on the subject below. I have watched a lot of his DayZ videos that have helped tremendously when setting up our servers, crafting tips, editing server files, etc.

I prefer no nonsense sources like these for my gaming news. Although most may find them boring, they tend to be more informative and less frills, sensationalizing, over-speculating, etc.

• Eagleyezx

@kean_1 I'll still be playing Arma 3 until Arma 4 comes out.

My whole point in this post is that there is a serious squad based tactical shooter coming to console, giving Ubiflop competition for the next game.

If you don't like the video, I couldn't care less. It's the information that I'm talking about.

Hopefully we get some good news tonight.

Eagle, out.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1252 posts

@eagleyezx

Does Arma 3 have a crosshair that you can toggle ON and OFF?

I made the mistake of getting Sniper Warrior Contracts 1 and it doesn't come with it. I get headaches and nausea fairly quick when a game doesn't come with it. I don't even know if I will get into it but it doesn't hurt to know.

• EN075
    150 posts
    .....but, being someone who plays DayZ I can say that I have learned to temper my expectations. Even 3 years after release on console the game still has persistent issues with refinement and optimization. That being said, it's still a game my friends and I continue to revisit regardless. Heck, I even rent servers for us.

I was a big DayZ player back in the day- probably from about 2012 when it first came out to 2016- around the time it skipped from whatever release it was at to 1.0. I made it a couple months after that before I got tired of losing everything to glitches and hackers. We had our own server too for awhile trying to make a go of it but it was just a bit too much to take.

I think my development exhaustion extended to Breakpoint and maybe amplified my frustration a bit... Anyway cool to know you're a survivor!

• Kean_1
    158 posts

@Eagleyezx

@kean_1 I'll still be playing Arma 3 until Arma 4 comes out.

My whole point in this post is that there is a serious squad based tactical shooter coming to console, giving Ubiflop competition for the next game.

I totally understand your point and my friends and I too are quite excited for Reforger's release and eventually ARMA 4.

As I expected, more companies like BI are realizing the relatively untapped market on console in regard to more authentic, hardcore, military shooters. ....Insurgency Sandstorm, Hell Let Loose, DayZ, etc. and then the titles still in development like Six Days in Fallujah, Zero Six and so on. I've always believed there were a lot more of us than some companies considered who want games leaning more toward the milsim experience. ....and it's not just old "over 50" folks like myself either yearning for days gone by. Younger groups of gamers appreciate them too.

When BI released DayZ on console it was more popular than they imagined. ....then they began to allow the rental of private servers for XB / PS and actually had problems early on with their popularity.

I guess Vigor has also been a success for Bohemia Interactive so it's no surprise they want to bring console players into the fold of the ARMA community. Unfortunately, there are some PC players unlike yourself who view this in a negative light fearing that ARMA 4 will be dumbed down as a result. I don't see it that way personally although I question BI's move to include last gen consoles.

If you don't like the video, I couldn't care less. It's the information that I'm talking about.

Yeah, I was only replying to Steven's post about the content creator of that video. ....not a dig on you for having shared the video to provide more details. Most of these guys rub me the wrong way to be honest but it's off topic to your point, I agree.

Hopefully we get some good news tonight.

Eagle, out.

Well, the stream is supposed to occur @ 1700 Zulu which is about and hour and 15 minutes from now. I'll be tuned in myself. .....hell, I'm retired anyway and set my own schedule so I don't have to miss launches like this. lol

• Kean_1
    158 posts

@fcac-no-moe

A3 does have a crosshair from what I remember and I believe it can be turned off or on. .....or maybe it was tied to another setting like difficulty? Hopefully Eagle can chime in and confirm (it's been a long while for me).

@EN075

Yeah, I was a big Flashpoint fan and played a bit of ARMA too back in the day before jumping ship from PC to console. DayZ was a taste of those old, open-world milsim's I used to love. We still play it from time to time and I still rent a server for a stretch of a month or two. This is where I say folks need to temper their expectations of Reforger though. BI has a track record of poor optimization and refinement in games like Dayz (which uses the Enfusion engine as well btw). HOWEVER, as I said before, they offer experiences on console that you just can't get (at least for now) anywhere else on console.

.....btw, Reforger looks to be going back to their roots (e.g. Flashpoint). The 80s setting and cues in their demo video, stills, etc. lend to this. There was a video I saw where someone made comparisons from Flashpoint to the Reforger footage. It was pretty cool. There was also some speculation on his part regarding cryptic messages from sources that might point to a 6/22 release which is the anniversary of Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis, the first game. However, they missed the 20th anniversary by a year (this June will be 21 years). ....who knows though. Maybe it will be sooner than that or even later down the road.

We know by the PDF document that Reforger is intended as a showcase of sort for ARMA 4 / Enfusion as well as a test bed for A4 that they can use while finish development of it. They will even be using Reforger as a means to support development of A4 as it continues. I'm keeping my enthusiasm in check for now though especially since the PS release will follow PC/XB just like DayZ did.

• Eagleyezx

@fcac-no-moe Yes sir! It does have a toggle.

• Eagleyezx

@kean_1 All good bud!

I think we're seeing a resurgence of the tactical genre on console that we saw back in the PS2/XBOX1 days.

Here is the link for anyone wanting to watch the stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/armaplatform

Im really posting all this stuff to rub into Ubiflops face to let them know what the gamer community really wants and Bohemia Interactive is one of a few studios to give that.

And yes, hopefully they won't betray the PC community because I do love the learning curve on Arma. But I am expecting the console version to be a bit more simplified unless we can use keyboard and mouse.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1252 posts
    @fcac-no-moe Yes sir! It does have a toggle.

Thank you, thanks a lot, I am still not done with OGR and as much as I am nagging to myself about the old graphics, I am enjoying the hell out of being turned into swiss cheese or lead pancake believe it or not. Sure is frustrating but it is less annoying than enemies spawning right behind you and childish assets.

• Eagleyezx

@fcac-no-moe The whole point of gaming is enjoyment friend, hope you're enjoying it!

Arma Reforger is out now on PC and Xbox.

• Eagleyezx

@kean_1 Hey Kean, some really great insight there. Operation Flashpoint was actually the tipping point for me when it came to Ubiflop and their last two Ghost Recon games because the fights were so intense. What position do you think this puts Ubiflop with their new Ghost Recon game being released within the next two years?

The fact there console has access to full amount of mods (maps, weapons, attire, cars) with mission scenarios makes a big difference in my opinion.

• Megalodon-26
    294 posts

@eagleyezx I don't know. IMO it seems like a step backwards for the series. Sure the graphics may be slightly better, based on the few screenshots I've seen. But now the game is set during the Cold War, when the gear and weapons were far inferior compared to what is currently available. So other than being on console with a new engine, what incentive is there for ARMA players to pick up the new game, and start creating mods all over again, just to bring it back up to where ARMA 3 already is?

• Eagleyezx

@megalodon-26 Basically, yeah. But this time round the console community can partake in the new game.

Suggested Topics