ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Eagleyezx
    Original poster 135 posts

@stdape Arma has its faults, but the tactical freedom is just great. I think Ubiflop could be have a massive contender in the market if they just provide quality and quantity to the market, rather than thinking about quick profits.

If we had modding support for Wildlands and Breakpoint from Ubiflop, it would be one of the most popular games on the tactical shooter market.

But Arma Reforger is slowly warming up, becoming an enjoyable coop game.

• fratos
    21 posts

Haven't responded for a while and thought I pay a visit. Honestly it's always good to give feedback to show devs and community. The important part is if Ubisoft itself will listen. I feel there isn't much hope left with GR. If you overlook Frontlines all other Ubisoft games released as of late and announced has been disappointed.

Skull and bones for instance is a ship battle non on foot game. Seems alot of people expected to be like some type of enhanced sea of thieves game. Ubisoft just got really lazy and it's hard to say it has a competitor cause even the lowest budget games can still out do it.

Maybe, there will come a time we will have a good tactical shooter for console and PC. In the meantime it's ok try other games even if it's not on GR level. This Arma re forger, sniper elite 5, and others. It's possible those devs will imply feedback compared to all the mess Ubisoft is going through. Ubisoft could be bought out in the next 5 years and who knows what will happen to GR. Still, it's nice to see you all communicating, sharing ideas, and feedback. At this point it's risky to bank on Ubisoft. I rather play other games at this point. Coop, pvp, pvpve, or campaign. We still all ghost and can play tactical on any game.

• Kean_1
    159 posts

@fratos

Skull and bones for instance is a ship battle non on foot game. Seems alot of people expected to be like some type of enhanced sea of thieves game. Ubisoft just got really lazy and it's hard to say it has a competitor cause even the lowest budget games can still out do it.

Maybe I'm wrong but I have a feeling Skull & Bones is going to be yet another failure for Ubisoft. ....or at least one that has a lackluster result.

Even after going back to the drawing board I am surprised that they still don't have more in-depth action (on foot) when it comes to boarding parties, sword fighting, etc. The idea of S&B was born from the popularity of all this in AC: Black Flag where you could do all that. Had they built on that vs. what they've done in S&B, I think many more people would be really excited about this game. ......but, after seeing the leaked video to testers of S&B, I can tell it will be nowhere near capturing the magic of AC:BF.

Sounds familiar, eh? Again, it seems Ubi shows a lack of understanding of their own success.

• Eagleyezx

@kean_1 Hasn't this game been in development for like 5 years now?

The funny thing is that there are a few F2P tank, ship military games that are doing quite well on console and PC. Good luck to them on this one.

• Megalodon-26
    298 posts

@eagleyezx Actually, it was first revealed 5 years ago at E3 2017. They started developing it in 2013, as DLC for AC Black Flag, but their vision for what it was supposed to be, got away from them. And at this point, it's unclear if they plan on releasing it as a retail game or as F2P, but if they do try charging full price for it, it could end up being Ubi's worst selling game ever.

• Eagleyezx

@megalodon-26 Unfortunate, 8 years too late.

Many of us thought Ubiflop would have been acquired by a new company, but apparently as a business, they're doing more than fine after I read they're public statement on the topic.

At the end of the day, it's all about their financial returns and pleasing investors. If they're safe on that front, that's what will influence the next Ghost Recon game. Not necessarily all of our feedback. Let's see because we can't really tell at the moment.

• Kean_1
    159 posts
    @kean_1 Hasn't this game been in development for like 5 years now?

The funny thing is that there are a few F2P tank, ship military games that are doing quite well on console and PC. Good luck to them on this one.

As Mega mentioned, it's actually been in development about 9 years. It's also been sent back to the drawing board more than once (not just when they made the switch from a DLC). The studio was also embroiled in it's own scandal.

I never had a problem with their decision to create a stand alone game based on AC:BF but like other decisions they've made trying to capitalize on their successes, they completely missed the mark on this one from what I saw in that leaked video. I did have hope when I heard about the last announcement they were returning the drawing board but the changes I hoped they would make, never came to fruition. ....like the character control in boarding / raiding for instance. As it stands, its simply an animation.

Suggested Topics