ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Darren_Evans
    Original poster 24 posts

After some time away and with the latest Season starting I thought I'd jump back in and also try this Kenley College content which I'd never really done before. So I do the library, then the Student Union on Challening mode. I then get stuck on the Metro at the part where you need to shoot at the tank when you raise the shields. It's here I keep getting killed before I can do enough damage. I can get the damn thing down to a sliver of health before I either get swarmed by the lamest, unfairest enemy spawn swarm or run out of ammo and run out of time finding a reload crate. I decide to lower the difficulty to Hard and redo everything,

I get back to the same position at the Metro station and still get stuck on shooting that tank, so I send out a call for help. I continue the tank investigation section again while I wait. Someone eventually joins but about 10 seconds in they're disconnected. I wait for 5 mins but they do not reconnect. So thought I could just leave the group so I can send out another Call for backup but no. What happens is the entire session is cancelled and I get sent back to the Kenley College landing area to find out I have to do the Library and Union again.

This has to rate as the most frustrating experience I've had with this game and I now realise why there's a lot of hate and complaints about this Kenley content. If there' lead developer responsible for the gameplay design of this area, please send them back to game design school in order to learn the difference between gameplay that's a challenge, not a chore.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    365 posts

@darren_evans so, because you're struggling with it, that makes it a bad design? Jesus H.

• echolecter
    306 posts

@darren_evans The part where you need to destroy the tank can be hard or even impossible to complete when you're not using a DMG build. Had the same thing when I was running around with shield (only armor) build for fun, and the timer ran out. Went back in with another build and M1A and had it destoryed in no time. So you may need to switch as well, forget about most of the NPC unless they are next to you and focus on the objective first.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    518 posts

well, I share your view about Kenly, do not play it at all but there are also people who like it, for whatever reason. It’s a mode, something totally different than the base game. For whatever reason Ubi/Massive have the illness to add always something different to the base game and to ignore feedback from their customers, that was already the case in the great Division 1, where they added multiple modes only while people were begging for addition for open world content in endgame for this phantastic and impressive map. I love it, always come back.

I love the base games of both games, I hate the modes, apart from Survival.

What I like about Kenly:

• the looks
    • the open mission map design. The map design of the main missions are basically a 100% linear tunnel like in the old games. Therefore this open map and mission design could be the basis for some good missions or simpler side missions and projects.

Since release of Kenly there were multiple feedback from the people for making better use of it, some want zombies 😊, not sure whether someone wanted aliens 😁 or bikini models 🤗 others use for a Survival mode.

What I wished:

• in addition to current mode (can be kept for the people who like it) the Kenly map should be used as expansion of the base game, like the added outskirt missions
    • that means a map with normal missions that contribute to story and a bit open world content, eg some random NPCs for reducing the repetitive feeling a bit
    • the same functionality as in the base game, that means all the time available, one can decide to play solo or in a team up to 4 people and the usual difficulty levels normal to heroic

Of course it’s work to prepare but the map is already there and I would be happy already if they would make use of it for the base game and add simple stuff only, for daily/weekly projects. Low hanging fruit, great map, frustrating sterile tasks.

For blunt steril shooting without any story contribution we have Summit, Raids, Kenly, the open world content and now Countdown. The gameplay is severely lacking and no activity in this category to improve.

• echolecter
    306 posts

@gnarlyatol1793 Not sure why people specifically hate Kenly. To me it felt just the same as everything else in the game, with slightly different spawns (not at one spot) and completing tasks while under fire. Just a bit more challenging as every other linear mission, where you need to do simply tasks, like push buttons or open doors, after the fights. But in the end it's all the same old, go there and shoot, continue to move forward then shoot again. And sometimes you need to adapt a bit to the situation, but usually even that isn't required.

It's a shooter and this limits the play game to ... well shooting at stuff, that's it. Having that poored into different forms is basically the only thing they can do to change things up a little. Kenly does a great job in disorienting players and the only part that might be bad is that there isn't a lot to do there apart from few missions. In the end it will always be just The Division, and not some other game with copied game play.

• ArnudSwazaneger
    63 posts

@darren_evans
    I done the Metro section on my WT5 character two days ago by myself.

Albeit, Normal setting. I died at the exact same part as you are having trouble with, but i stuck at and eventually got it done.

It seems on Level 40, you get the really bad rip-off stuff happening to you. WT5 is more chill.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    518 posts

@echolecter
    well, what matters are the emotions what we have. We want to have fun, whatever that is that drives the fun.

My emotion is great when I play the normal missions and open world content and my emotions were always bad when I played the modes, the reason lies in the tasks which I dislike. I have great emotions when playing Survival, for a while when playing Underground and good emotions when playing Last Stand and Conflict.

I get quickly bored or even frustrated, bad emotions, when playing Incursions, Resistances, Raids, Summit, Kenly and Countdown as well.

Suggested Topics