ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• KURO96386
    Original poster 26 posts

Translation tools are used

The last update added the worst disruption effect to shields, but after all, many people have half shields and reviver hives.
    I'm against putting disruption effects on PvE shields in the first place, but if we really need disruption effects, we should make it easier for red core builds to take options other than using shields.
    I feel that it is becoming too difficult to be successful with red builds, especially in Legendary, compared to yellow and blue builds.
    Because of the AI's priority on targeting players with high DPS, getting hit is inevitable, and compared to TD1, there is too limited time and means for recovery and revival, so having a hive and shield is optimal.
    And I feel that further weakening the shield will only make it even more difficult to handle firearms.
    So I feel that the base performance of other skills needs to be strengthened.
    For example, what if the fixer drone were to have a much shorter duration of effect and a much stronger recovery?
    Anyway, I would like to be able to shoot more guns, because it's not a stealth game and there is nothing fun about spending more time hiding.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Imagine_Brata
    517 posts

Then maybe it's time for you to change your style of play. And do not just stand like Rambo. I ran 5 legendary yesterday with red build, and I have no problem with the new shield. disrup is only 1 sec so it is barely noticeable to me. And I remove the shield 8-9 out of 10 times before it is destroyed. Dekoy is good at distracting enemies with.
    I changed reviver hive to decoy a year ago. and it's a better life saver for me

• echolecter
    277 posts
    And I remove the shield 8-9 out of 10 times before it is destroyed

I suppose that not many players know how to by-pass a lot of the game mechanics by doing stuff yourself. If you pay attention to what happens there are so many tricks you can pull on the engine that lets the player decide what happens, not the game.

• KURO96386
    Original poster 26 posts

Of course, I am not saying that it is impossible to attack with a red build.
    I have also completed the Legendary difficulty with the red build after the update.
    But the disruption effect is definitely making a lot of players uncomfortable, and it's still not enough to use other skills in place of shields!
    Decoys are another skill option for red builds, but they don't reliably protect even long-range enemies, and at low tiers they can only attract hate for about half of the skill's run time, so just reducing the cooldown and making it easier to reposition would help more people make such a choice.

• xcel30
    796 posts

@kuro96386 More of an issue of "Why should a pure DPS gun build have a good skill without investing on it", Shields are kinda of a weird exception because they are aimed at people who want to tank so they also scale with blue, making a skill that is too good without investing kinda breaks the balance, shields being more useful for red builds than they should was kinda a problem from my view.

But as other people said probably one of my most used pure red builds i use Shock trap, EMP and Banshee pulse, Decoy and sometimes basic turret for distraction. I use them more to control aggro or stop certain types of enemies that i know are annoying (black tusk controllers drone spam) and a bit basic crowd control. Mostly used fixer drone for healing since WONY, never have been a reviver hive kind of guy so i think the problem is people rely too much on it despite its long cooldown on red builds meaning they can't heal much damage to stop themselves from getting killed

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@xcel30 your post mentioning grenade/drone spam, now makes me wish Jaeger's Magpie from Siege was in this game...

• DutchLMB4ever
    367 posts
    Banned

I also think there should be a DPS skill.
    I was thinking about this:

Decoy
    More threat per red core.
    Health increased per red core.
    Duration lowered per red core.
    Skill haste stays the same.

Defender drone
    This could be made good (for PvE at least).
    The drone works 5-10sec at 6 red cores.
    And you are 100% immune to bullets only.
    (Melee/Hazard/Explosions still do damage).
    This gives you time to re-locate/safe yourself, when in a difficult situation.
    (Mini guns from Warhounds/BT Heavies/big Morozova Gun, destroy the drone right away.)
    PvP
    - 3sec duration (at 6 red cores)
    - 20-50% less incoming damage (at 6 red cores)

It's trash now, even with skill builds.
    Make it a dps skill.
    Npc's are 100% immune to damage using this drone (until destroyed).
    For us... it defends us from 4 bullets then it is destroyed.

• Imagine_Brata
    517 posts
    because it's not a stealth game

Because it was released as a cover-based third-person shooter . not as a Run n Gun like Cod

• KURO96386
    Original poster 26 posts

@xcel30
    Personally, I think it would be more balanced if the non-shield skills were enhanced than they are now.
    I don't want to make it so strong that it makes raising the skill tier meaningless.
    I just don't want to make it any more difficult to control red builds and force beginners to use yellow builds.

• KURO96386
    Original poster 26 posts

I think it is also dead as a cover action due to various elements such as too many explosives (self-destructing drones and grenades) and charging robot dogs.
    Whatever it is, the balance needs to be corrected.

• xcel30
    796 posts

@kuro96386 I understand that, but it's a really though choice of "how do i make something good with no investment without making it a best in slot", it's a really question to solve so i don't blame you for trying, i guess they could fiddle the number with the trap skills since they require you to think ahead so their base usefullness could be better

Suggested Topics