ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• John-Wicks-Dog
    Original poster 2 posts

Effect Expert Challenge in the summit states I need to have 3 hostiles disoriented simultaneously and I need to do it twice. I have used banshee pulse and done this multiple times to groups as large as 4 or 5 enemies and none of the have counted towards the challenge. I really can't think of any other way to interpret the wording of the challenge. Is this just a bug? this is my last challenge before i'm done with all 30 summit challenges.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• greyson77
    2 posts

@john-wicks-dog I have exactly the same problem. The "Effect Expert" dos not count the "disoriented" hostiles.

• SCPandamonium
    1 posts

@john-wicks-dog same here, tried on groups 3 or more and it doesn not work for me at all 😞 this is a very last challenge forme and its bugged

• the_Kettle
    270 posts

Have you tried other sources of disorient such as Hunters Fury or shooting a hyena rusher or medic's weakpoints?

I noticed an issue with the banshee pulse yesterday, while running the Ongoing Directive gearset I couldn't get the initial bleed ammo by killing an enemy disoriented by the pulse, I had to switch to an emp pulse instead.

Not sure if this is a problem with banshee pulse specifically or all disorient: it may be that in order to make the shield- break disorient effect unresistable they changed it from counting as a status effect, or something.

• Legion.Alpha
    1 posts

same problem. not working with banshee pulse, not working with Hunters Fury talent, not working with hostile weakponts, even not working with Eclipse Protocol set + Sleigher

• greyson77
    2 posts

@the_kettle I tried different methodes. Hyenas Bags or the hit from the Scorpio dosn't work

• luibrain
    3 posts

The same. Finally wanted to do all 30 challenges and now I have 1 uncompleted because this thing doesn't work.

• John-Wicks-Dog
    Original poster 2 posts

@the_kettle I have also tested hunter's fury. in fact, I tried mixing disorient methods, like the scorpio shotgun disorient THEN banshee pulsing. or Hunter's fury and a banshee pulse. still none of them count. It seems like the game is not registering the disorient or maybe the checklist is searching for a parameter other than disorient. who knows. It's my last challenge I have too and it should be a simple one.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey everyone, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the difficulty you ran into with 'Effect Expert' challenge.

First, please note that due to the nature of the thread, I have moved this over to the Player Support section instead.

Due to a number of contacts that we've received, I can now confirm that details of the issue have been forwarded to our development team for further review. As soon as we will have any additional information to share, details will be posted here, in our official forums, so keep an eye. Until then, apologies about any inconvenience this may cause and if you have any further queries or notice any other issues, feel free to drop us a message at any time! 

Official Response
  • R0CH3LL3
    54 posts

@john-wicks-dog This seems very strange to me, recently coming back to the game. I remember having no problems whatsoever with this challenge, ~18 months back, but none of the Disorients working seems like a new-ish bug?

• p4ul264
    2 posts

I’m having the same issue with the disorientate 3 or more enemies at once not working. I’ve tried it multiple times with the banshee pulse and using 4 piece of hunters fury. The enemies display the status effect icon but the summit challenge doesn’t recognise it.

• p4ul264
    2 posts

Looks like this has been fixed in todays maintenance. It has just worked for me using the banshee pulse and the effect expert challenge is now completed 😃

Suggested Topics