ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 3 Likes/6 Replies/585 Views
    N3mB0t
    Original poster 980 posts

stutters freezes and even game crashes are the most common complaint since the last update , and on every update to be honest , it might not solve every problem but im sure it will avoid quite a few as it really does work for most cases , it really did for me as the game was unplayable after the update and returned to "normal" after deleting the shader cache forcing the game to rebuild it.

you should also advise players to manualy do the same after any changes they do to the video /graphics settings , providing clear paths and instructions on your means of comunication and through the education of your forum mods and MASSIVE /UBISOFT representatives.

i also dont want to keep posting the same advice over and over as some people are tired , and rightfuly so, of hearing the same thing for years now .

if you like to have the forum full of angry people unecessarily then do nothing , for that you are surely doing the best you can already.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Trurli
    1 posts

@n3mb0t Ok. So how to remove this game shaders?

• N3mB0t
    Original poster 980 posts

@trurli

go to your windows/ Documents/ my games/ division2 / shadercache.

this isnt the actual adress you can copy paste on explorer , its more a pointer for you to know where to look for it .

delete everything in the shadercache folder and that will force the game to rebuild the shade cache , obviously do it with the game closed .

next restart will take a bit more than usual because that will be the game taking some more time to rebuild the shader cache.

• KraziAgent
    50 posts

I agree auto clear shader cache

• Imagine_Brata
    605 posts

This script clears the shader cache with one click
    Create a .bat file with these lines below, and change the path to the shader cache .

SET shaderpath="C:\Users\az_pa\Documents\My Games\Tom Clancy's The Division 2\ShaderCache"
    rd %shaderpath% /S /Q
    exit

• Asto_Aesma
    7 posts

@imagine_brata
    Small correct / addon to that script, this will make sure you dont have to enter a name or correct the path, it uses the build-in Windows variables.

REM ### Clear The Division 2 Shader Cache ###
    set path="%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Tom Clancy's The Division 2\ShaderCache"
    rd %path% /S /Q
    exit

Suggested Topics