ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SWE_Haddock
    Original poster 8 posts

The game has up until today worked ok, crashes now and again. After the latest update its has becoming worse.
    Today my screen just went black and I have to do a hard boot. After that its totally unplayable.
    Sometimes it crashes in the start up sequence, sometimes i can play like 30 sec. before it crashes.

Reinstalled the game, updated drivers.
    I have read about similar cases and have done every solution that has been proposed from other players ( Resizable Bar in Bios, 4G Decoding, Disable Smart Memory Access but without any progress.

W10
    DX12
    Ryzen 7 5800
    32Gb
    Radeon RX 6800 XT

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• As1r0nimo
    393 posts

Try run the game as admin

• SWE_Haddock
    Original poster 8 posts

@as1r0nimo Thanks for the tip, but I have tried that....

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

There are two main issues:

1. Game sucks at updating the local shaders data and parameters to keep up with the drivers and hardware changes. That is stored in Documents / My Games. At a minimum you should deleted the shader caches from there for every hardware, driver or game update. The best is to delete the whole game folder in there, but that will require you to restore your preferred settings. This will improve the performance and potentially make the crashed less frequent. Reinstalling the game does not touch that local folder, hence most who do that run into exact same issues.
    2. Communication issues with the servers. On the gamers side, a good and above else stable interned connection would make the crashes potentially less frequent. However, the root cause is related to communication errors poorly or not managed, either on the server side or the client side (or both). The busier the servers are with players or buffs/debuffs cycles, or really anything else that intensifies the communication back and forth, worse the more frequent those errors are and the servers or the game client run into the mishandled ones. Sadly, there is nothing we can do about this at our end, the devs will have to figure out what is the issue...

I'm on Intel and Nvidia, I'm running into crashes too, but with the things above I can play... sometimes for hours, other times for 10 min, all random or luck.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there everyone, I understand that crashes have become more frequent recently and I want to apologise for the inconvenience caused. Our teams are actively investigating these issues and they're constantly trying to reduce the frequency of these crashes and freezes.

Whiles our teams look into this, could you all please ensure you have gone through this technical troubleshooting article for me? As these steps can help rule out many of the common causes for technical-related issues. I understand @SWE_Haddock you have already performed some actions such as verifying your files, but you should go through all of the other available ones.

@Adrian-11 - Thank you for taking the time to share your own findings here, I appreciate it!

Should anyone have further questions regarding any of those steps in the article above, or regarding any other issue, please do not hesitate to let me know.  

• PT_Frizzer
    118 posts

@ubi-gizmo I don't know really why the same talk about the problems with the PC and troubleshootings. We all know that the crashes are a game problem a long time ago. Maybe better Ubi have a console for they own games.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @pt_frizzer, thanks for getting in touch. I understand, and as previously mentioned our teams are actively investigating these issues and they're constantly trying to reduce the frequency of these crashes and freezes. That said, it is important to note that every PC system is unique, and there are many factors which can cause crashes. For example, one user may experience crashes due to a third party system protection software preventing the game from utilizing all of the necessary game files. Another user may find that their drivers are outdated, and after updating these, the crashes stopped. The troubleshooting article shared will help rule out any further factors.

If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to let me know.

• Jimmy_DA
    47 posts

@ubi-gizmo Why is every response from Ubisoft always blames / staes the issue is end user side!

You gotta be kidding yourselves at Ubisoft. This is a very common issue across the PC section and has been going on for over a year. Evidence strongly suggests this is a issue embedded deep within the games coding or within the Ubisoft servers.

Stop insulting your customers and take responsibilitiy and admit the game has serious game breaking issues!!!

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @jimmy_da, apologies if that's the way my message came across, that's not at all how I meant it. I would like to reiterate that our teams are aware of these issues which have been causing more frequent crashes and they're currently investigating them. However, it's also important to note that each system is unique, and there are many other factors which should also be taken into consideration when trying to work out what might be causing crashes.

The troubleshooting article has been known to help reduce crashes and freezes therefore it's a great troubleshooting step to try out and that's why we recommend it. If you have any further questions or you experience any other issues, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Suggested Topics