ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AnathemaMort
    Original poster 6 posts

I did some testing with the Pestilence and the Heartbreaker gear set and noticed that regardless of the amount of Heartbreaker stacks that you have, the Pestilence DoT doesn't appear to be modified by the 4-set bonus to pulsed targets.

I'm hoping to have confirmation as to whether this is intended behavior or a bug, as the % increase to pulsed targets for Heartbreaker reads as though it should work for the Pestilence DoT, kind of similar to how True Patriot and Eclipse Protocol backpack affect the damage of the Pestilence DoT with their mechanics.

EDIT: Seems like a bug since it was working on PTS.
    EDIT 2: This also seems to affect Striker's as well, but I'm not sure whether this was always the case with Striker's or if it was a recent change.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Macs1209
    90 posts

@anathemamort
    It worked in PTS #1 and #2, had no chance to test in #3 by continuous deltas. Looks like devs silently removed the pestilence boost, which is disappointing (tried with scanner pulse, remote pulse, also hb headshot, nothing triggers the increased damage).

• AnathemaMort
    Original poster 6 posts

@macs1209 Seems strange that they would remove it - I hope it's just a bug and can be addressed.

I'm also wanting to test if Heartbreaker affects damage skills on pulsed targets as well as it would seem strange for skills to be modified by the % increase, but not Pesti DoT.

• Macs1209
    90 posts

@anathemamort

The problem is devs nerfed something which wasn't a gamechanger. You already can get very high ticks with full red build (and Sawyer, which talent change is more a haunting than a bless), and can get only some percent higher with HB. And not at last, it applied in PTS only while target was pulsed (as intented), and hard to headshot an NPC which is in cover 40m far from you (or run behind a wall), so the boost was only temporary.

• AnathemaMort
    Original poster 6 posts

@macs1209 I agree - it's not a significant gamechanger. In saying that, I can see a situation where it could be strong, but I suspect it would never be strong enough to warrant removing how it worked on the PTS, and I imagine a Strikers build revolving around Pesti might give higher tick damage (something that I want to try and test at some point). I guess it's just an odd thing to deliberately remove, especially since it's not as large of a boost to Heartbreaker builds as something like Flatline, and a bug seems the more likely culprit, since PTS Phase 1 and 2 it was working fine (I suspect Phase 3 it also worked, but data on this is hard to come by due to how short it was and the number of Delta errors that happened).

• AnathemaMort
    Original poster 6 posts

Dear Ubisoft Team,

Just seeking official confirmation on whether this is a bug or intended behaviour for Pestilence DoT mechanics with both the Striker's set and the Heartbreaker set to pulsed targets. As far as I can tell, both of these should work but are currently bugged on live.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Hey @anathemamort ,

Sorry for our delay in getting back to you here!

Could you please capture and share a clip of your findings?

We can then pass this onto the game team so they can confirm if this is working as it should, or look into it as an issue if necessary.

Much appreciated!

Official Response
  • AnathemaMort
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-theberry

I've provided a capture video below:

Without any Heartbreaker stacks, my Pestilence DoT tick is 613,937 to armor. As my heartbreaker stacks build, the damage doesn't increase, even when I reach maximum stacks. The damage tick to the target's armor stays exactly the same (613,937).

EDIT:

Second capture video showing Striker's Gearset and the number of stacks not affecting the damage of the Pestilence DoT. In the video, the Pestilence DoT tick at max stack is 713,993 to armor, and this number stays consistent, regardless of how many Striker's stacks I have built up.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 847 posts

@anathemamort Thanks so much for providing those videos, and apologies for the late response. Could you confirm whether you recorded those on TU 15, or on TU 15.1? If you recorded it on the previous patch, does the issue persist on the current patch?

Official Response
  • AnathemaMort
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-mushy

I recorded and uploaded these on June 1st, which if I recall my patch history correctly, was TU15.1 - I've also checked this again in the current live client and the reported issues remain present.

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 359 posts

@anathemamort Hello! Thanks for confirming which update these videos were recorded on and that you are still seeing these issues with the current live build/client. I've gone ahead and reported this issue, and shared this information with the dev team. We should be able to get some clarification on whether this is a bug or working as intended! Once I hear back or have any updates from the team, I will share them within this thread. Also, any future updates will be published within the News & Announcements forum so please keep an eye out.

Official Response

Suggested Topics