ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kizzarze
    Original poster 2 posts

Now that I know more about the Expertise system I am really not sure its good idea overall. U literally need to farm to build up expertise system than u need improve the gear which takes bunch of mats to do so! So now u pigeon hole into a single build to max out using the Expertise system! Gone are the days where u just slap together a build to tryout especially now they are probably doing away with current skills specialization and probably going to increase more bullet sponge mobs to make up for the increase damage to maxout Expertise system gear.....
    I hope I am wrong but if this is the approach the new developers are going with this game it makes no sense cuz it only caters to already max out characters for additional grind and for new players they literally have no life farming to gear up similarly....

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Noxious81
    1007 posts
    (...) So now u pigeon hole into a single build to max out using the Expertise system! Gone are the days where u just slap together a build to tryout (...)

I'am not really afraid of Expertise hurting build diversity. Because beginners or casual players will in a lot of cases anyway only have one build, which they regularly play (most probably a skill build as this is the perfect beginners' build). So in case they really should already care about Expertise (which they shouldn't anyway as Expertise is an addition for the very very late endgame), they can invest everything in their one favorite build.

Players playing more regularly or even veterans will probably indeed have (way) more than just one build. But they will a) be able to gain more Proficiency Levels and farm more resources thanks to just playing more often so that they can with more ease upgrade more items – and they will b) use specific items in several builds, so that upgrading one item will automatically affect several different builds.

And regarding trying out new builds:
    The "downside" of Expertise is that we currently do not have difficulty setting that would make investing in Expertise (or Optimization as well) necessary or even mandatory. This also means that we can still create and test builds like we used to, since even the hardest content didn't get any harder. Builds without upgrades will be as viable as ever for clearing raids or legendary content.

(...) I hope I am wrong but if this is the approach the new developers are going with this game it makes no sense cuz it only caters to already max out characters for additional grind and for new players they literally have no life farming to gear up similarly....

Well... yes. I am afraid it was indeed intended to add a mechanic for players that otherwise have done and completed every mission or progression system available in The Division 2. As mentioned before: Expertise is a late endgame mechanic. New players have other means of progression that long-term players have long completed.

And by the way – it's pretty common for long-living service games that players having invested more time into the game will also have better gear or better stats.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    532 posts

@kizzarze
    I share your view but apparently for a lot player this is a good motivation for further grind, needing this motivation to play that game.

Further on people are complaining regularly that the gameplay became to easy and asking for more legendary with Expertise doing the opposite.

I wanted to ignore the whole system because of the reasons above but because it’s there I started making use of it and got already frustrated because I am always short of material for upgrading and not willing to grind for it.

Yesterday when I really got upset that this has been introduced at all instead of good new playable content (do not count Countdown as such) I got one thought which resulted in stopping making use of it anymore.

I have one build for PvP and one for PvE only but I often use different guns, using different AR models, using rifle instead of AR and so on simply for different feel. I am not willing to grind as hell to further optimize all these and if I have one gun optimized than I would probably would not use the non optimized guns anymore.

Therefore I expertise my PvP build only now because here it matters to stay build competitive but keep my PvE build and guns untouched.

Suggested Topics