ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Eagleyezx
    Original poster 124 posts

Hey Ghosts and Ubiflop,

As many of you know, Bohemia Interactive released Arma Reforger on PC and Xbox today.

For many of us that have wanted tactical freedom in a squad based tactical shooter, this is huge news.

The modding community is already at work.

We've wanted a mission editor and map editor from Ubiflop, like so many other things.

But at least now there's a game for our console community to experience a more realistic game with the features we've wanted.

Im downloading the trial on xbox but brought on PC. I'm not expecting much, I'll still play Arma 3 more. But this is positive news and I hope we get more studios releasing tactical military games on console.

Ultimately, I want more competition for Ghost Recon Over because I believe that has better protesting power than all our feedback.

I find it amazing that Bohemia Interactive have a whole team of military veterans and actively listen to their community so that Arma 4 is the game everyone wants to play. Ubiflop should learn a thing or two here.

I hope you guys get the game.

Eagle-eyezx,

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Church367A
    147 posts

@eagleyezx Thanks for the update, didn't expect to be able to try this out any time soon, so that is pretty awesome that it is available now.

• Eagleyezx

@church367a Don't expect much at the moment, but will be interesting to see the mod community put together some amazing content down the road. New maps, weapons, vehicles, attire and missions.

• stdape
    28 posts

Nice, will be keeping an eye on this, shame they want so much on Steam for a early Access as unlikely to be released Until at least Next Year.

• Eagleyezx

@stdape I find that a lot of early access games are almost full price... But my hope is that the incoming mods will make the price worth it. I checked the mod workshop yesterday and there are 34 pages of mods.

It would be great if there was a single player scenario mode like in Arma 3. Hopefully soon.

• Kean_1
    145 posts

I'm ok with the $29 price tag if/when it releases for PS5. I'd even pay more if that's the case depending on what they do with it by the time they sell it on the PS Store.

Some folks need to remember that Reforger is really a showcase and not a full game. While there will be improvements, additional features and even content added, I highly doubt it will ever feel like a fully fleshed out game with a campaign, etc. BI made their intentions really clear about what Reforger will be including a revenue source to help fund ARMA 4's development.

ARMA 4 is the prize at the end of this race. Reforger is simply a stepping stone to get there and a bit of a scratch to satisfy that itch many of us have in the meantime.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

I've been contemplating picking up Arma 3, would I be better off going with Reforger?

• Eagleyezx

@latenitedelight I strongly recommend Arma 3. Purchase Arma Reforger if you don't mind waiting for updates on an early access game and playing co-op.

Arma 3 is a tactical sandbox. There are mods and single player missions that give you the freedom to do whatever you've wanted to do in a game. Is it a bit rough? It is. But no game does what Arma 3 does, especially that it's third and first person.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@eagleyezx thanks! I'll wait to see if it goes on sale with the next Steam sale, but I should probably finally get over the hump and try it

Suggested Topics