ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• C-Pick
    Original poster 124 posts

In addition to the long-awaited 60-FPS upgrade for new consoles, can we also finally get a better set of HUD options for Origins? It bothers me that we can't set more specific parameters for what appears on our HUD. Odyssey and Valhalla had much better, more granular HUD options, obviously.

Like, can we have more specific options (instead of just presets) to choose which HUD elements appear on screen? Some of us want to have a more immersive, less cluttered visual experience when traversing and exploring Ptolemaic Egypt.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• C-Pick

Just bumping this in hopes of getting someone's attention. Why doesn't Origins have more robust, more granular HUD options? We can't we just select all the specific HUD/Interface elements we want displayed on screen? The preset options currently available are just not sufficient. There are a couple of HUD elements I'd like to keep--and disable the rest. But I want the options, like Valhalla and Odyssey have.

• Maledicus
    69 posts

I agree, now that the game got the console current-gen update more & new players will play Origins with a new quality. It would be good to see an QoL update to bring it on par with Valhalla.

Best regards.

• Maledicus
    69 posts

There are no settings to disable the tutorial pop-ups, i'm a bit tired that the game tells me what key i have to press now and when to call for Senu, after hours of gameplay i know all of this ... especially the pop-up in the middle of the screen are disturbing.

• chupryn
    1 posts

Yet another bump. Really wanted to play it after the PS5 update. Don't know if I will, since no HUD option removes a bit more than it needs for the game to be playable. And minimal HUD is still “go to marker” experience, which I am burned out of. I believe, this game has to offer more, giving it beautiful world design.
    With that being said, thanks for keeping up the old games on par with new hardware, would love to have an additional set of options for the HUD for it to be a really immersive experience.

• C-Pick

All agreed, guys. Ubisoft, let us select all the HUD and UI elements we'd like to keep or disable. Maybe I wanna keep the loot readout on and disable everything else. But there's no specific way to do any of this. I swear, this was an issue even five years ago, when the game came out.

Currently, I'm playing on the "Minimal" preset because it turns off so much of what I hate in terms of UI: like the silly overlay that appears on Bayek when crouched in bushes (I hate that) and the colorful weapon trails whenever I swing a weapon (white for light attacks and red for heavy attacks) and the directional threat arrows when enemies see you (god, those are so ugly). I'm glad these can go away!

But there's no loot readout. And there's no "new location discovered" notification whenever I walk into a new place. And there's no "hold button to track quest" notification after talking to a quest giver.

This shouldn't be hard. Let us choose the things we want on screen and the things we don't want to see so that we can immerse ourselves in this beautiful open world you've created.

Suggested Topics