ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MikeWeeks
    Original poster 321 posts

If you happen to still try to play Breakpoint (when Ubisoft isn't messing up the servers) and use the PC AND aware of Vahndaar's Spartan mod - he's been busy:

Over on Nexus:

"This mod disables things like pickup flashing, grenade and incoming impact shaders and allows full customisation of HUD icons including key bindings for toggling icons in-game without needing to go into menus."

So if you're interested, check it out:

https://www.nexusmods.com/ghostreconbreakpoint/mods/4/?tab=files: (https://nexusmods.com/ghostreconbreakpoint/mods/4?tab=files)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1254 posts

@mikeweeks

My bitdefender AV destroyed the hell out of the Mod! 😠

Even after I had added it to the exception list!

I'm going to have to download it again.

But thanks for the Head's Up Mike.

• Seraphiel
    23 posts

I've been using the UI mod since I noticed that it had been added to the Spartan Mod's file list without any fanfare. It's something that I've been waiting for since the game was released - a toggle for the HUD icons - and this UI mod is a good start. The description for the mod is a little misleading, though, as it does not allow for full customisation of the HUD icons in its current state (version 1.0). It allows for partial customisation, but not full. It currently doesn't cover the special loot icons or SAM launcher icons or mission icons but I hope that further updates to the mod will include these as well.

I'm very much looking forward to this mod being fleshed out more to allow for full customisation of the HUD icons. The HUD toggle feature was in the Wildlands base game so I have no idea why the devs didn't also put it in Breakpoint.

• MikeWeeks

Let's hope Vahndaar sees your post. I'd suggest repeating this on the Nexus site if not already done so.

As to the second paragraph - keep in mind that Breakpoint was (and still is) an unfinished game. It clearly wasn't ready to be released back in Oct. 2019. With the resulting disaster, it's not surprising that the studio was never going to make it as complete as it should have been, especially when comparing what was included in Wildlands to what was not in this mess-of-a-game.

• Seraphiel
    23 posts

@mikeweeks Yes, I've posted in the mod forum and (reluctantly) added a bug report about the missing loot icon support.

As soon as I saw your post about the UI mod here I replied since I know that vahndaar is still lurking around here from time to time (as well as Virtual-Chris, who helped playtest the Spartan mod and posted about it here on the forums when it was released).

• EN075
    151 posts

@mikeweeks Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan something like that for Wildlands would be awesome. One of the biggest issues with my videos is trying to capture sequences from a perspective where they're not visible. Major pita.

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

Interesting. I may have to login again to try it out. Can you display the mini map without having the enemy alert status? That was my biggest HUD wish list item.

• Gmoneymozart
    58 posts

@virtual-chris the Text Box that pops up when you're spotted etc can not be removed, or should I say wasn't removed because that text component is connected to other text UI elements, so deleting that actually deletes other things as well but the actual alarm status color around the mini-map and compass is now completely gone.

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts
    @virtual-chris the Text Box that pops up when you're spotted etc can not be removed, or should I say wasn't removed because that text component is connected to other text UI elements, so deleting that actually deletes other things as well but the actual alarm status color around the mini-map and compass is now completely gone.

Thanks… that’s what I was hoping… that the alert status around the mini-map is gone. Nice!

Again, it’s hard to believe with all the hud options they provided, they ignored this rather important cheat. The most maddening thing about this game, is that all the options for offering a true GR hard core experience were there… they clearly just don’t care to offer the game we want.

• MikeWeeks

Quick question - does the notes file explain how to load the UI mod script AND the Spartan mod script into the game? I've never used/loaded more than one script at a time into a game.

What I'm finding on the net is the general subject (mostly dated) on how to combine as well as change multiple scripts into one script.

Any feedback (general or detailed) on what's involved with these two Vahndaar scripts would be greatly appreciated.

• Seraphiel
    23 posts

@mikeweeks There is no CE script for the UI mod - it's a dll based mod with config files that you can use to tailor your preferences.

• MikeWeeks

@seraphiel -- Thanks! That the mod isn't actually via a CE script went right over my head.

Just another senior moment ....

Suggested Topics