ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Oatiecrumble
    Original poster 600 posts

Been playing with a basic armor/dps build and have been noticing lots of players going around with heartbreaker/kingbreaker.

NOTE: Also was watching some players on p.c and their aim is spot on, not going to happen for me for them headshots (Xbox Series X) so technician with lazer attachment is a must for me.

So my question is what are they running with on console?

4 x Heartbreaker with blue armor cores and chc?
    1 x ? (probably fenris chest with spotter and a red core)?
    1 x ? (maybe memento backpack or a backpack with vigilance or andrenaline rush, brand?)

Is a standard carbine 7 with flatline just as good as kingbreaker....recoil on that weapon is horrible on console so would have to invest into weapon handling which will sacrifice some chd/chd.

So far my guess weapon wise is: ACS-12 with Flatline and Kingbreaker with Flatline they are using?

I can't tell what they are using as everytime i try and inspect a players build my screen goes all loopy 😆

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• V4MPiR1
    224 posts

@oatiecrumble

Coordinated Teamwork.

😁 LOL. My raiding clan tried it once together. We had four raid vets and four raid novices of varying capabilities -- all using RED builds -- and we flew through it in approximately five minutes, given its linear Doom-like straight forward elimination classification. Then came the auto-disband and we concluded that it's geared towards loner PUGs... aka Raid Light, or perhaps Raid Free. 😁 Virtually none of us saw reason to repeat it. It took far longer to stage than complete. 🙄

• Oatiecrumble

@V4MPiR1 Coordinated Teamwork in a PUG is out of the question 😰

I'm now wondering if this is it:

Backpack: Heartbreaker
    Chest: Heartbreaker
    Holster: Heartbreaker
    Gloves: Heartbreaker
    Head: Catharsis
    Kneepads: Fox's

4 x Blue Core with maybe some rolled with weapon handling.
    2 x Red Core

Kingbreaker with Flatline + Lazer Link attachment
    Scorpio

On console anyway......might be wrong.

• Noxious81
    895 posts
    (...) On console anyway......might be wrong.

On consoles keep in mind that the efficiency of Heartbreaker might not be as good as on PC because of the inconsistent hit registration. Especially weapons with a lower RPM (sadly just like the Kingbreaker) can have problems, building up stacks. That's why a lot of people use the Rock 'n' Roll, ACS-12, or Vector (for example) to gather stacks the "cheesy" way.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

I'm still confused how Fox's became Meta? If 90% of the enemies are Veteran/Elite/Hunter, and the gear set boosts LMGs, why not at least Contractor's? Or if you'll main an AR, why not Fenris?

• Imagine_Brata
    506 posts

@v4mpir1 the problem is that they only do things to casual players. and nothing to veterans like us

• devle335
    4 posts

@latenitedelight It comes down to an understanding of the game mechanics and the math formula behind the damage. Simplistically, weapon category bonuses (Fenris) aren't as valuable. Both Fox's and Contractor's are recommended despite whatever weapon you may be using. OOC is generally preferred as that has more target opportunities.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@devle335 maybe you and those folks haven't played Countdown?

Damage to Armor will proc more than Out of Cover, simply owing to how frequently the Hunter's fight from cover and the rare occurrence of Red enemies. Plus you'll gain additional damage for your LMG, which you are encouraged to use with HB owing to it's inherent bonus. Contractor's>Fox's in this situation.

People who say DtOOC is the best of the bunch either don't understand what they are talking about, or have more trouble with Rushers than other enemy types, or they're talking about weapons, where 10% is larger than 6% - but ultimately that comes down to what difficulty level and play style you have as to which actually provides more damage in the field for you.

Unless Dt is multiplicative after the HB stacks are applied [rather than with], you might actually come out ahead on Fenris. The HB bonus is so high that the marginal utility of an additional 8% damage could easily be outweighed by boosting base weapon damage by 10%. I just don't know how the HB stacks interact with Dt modifiers.

• Oatiecrumble

@LateNiteDelight i'm no number cruncher but i read a post about having Fox's over a Fenris piece and Fox's came out on top.......As for contractors going with HB....well that one is easy for me, i hate LMG's and refuse to use them.

@Noxious81 Since getting the new Xbox Series X plus my new LG C1 OLED t.v with HDMi 2.1 i don't notice any hit registration problems anymore....also if i'm using the Linked Laser from technician i presume i don't need headshots for the stacks?

After all these answers i still don't know what they are running around in 😂 😂

• devle335
    4 posts

@latenitedelight I was speaking in the general sense that OOC is more useful than DTA. But always try to fit both if possible.

Beyond that, it depends on the content you're running. For Countdown, I would personally lean more towards Contractor's. But I find that 95% of the time, or more, the enemy is going to be out of cover, or can easily be forced out of cover. OOC is also good against tanks and dogs as DTA doesn't work on them.

DTA/DTOOC will always be more valuable than pure weapon damage. Those two stats are in their own multiplicative categories.

• GhostAgent14
    188 posts

I've been enjoying reading everyone's comments here, as I have also been chasing after a good Countdown build. I'm currently trying out this:

Coyote's Mask
    4 piece Heartbreaker (including chest and backpack) with armor and critical hit damage
    Contractor's Gloves
    Dare LMG as primary
    Kingbreaker as secondary with Technician laser pulse
    Scanner Pulse
    Reviver Hive

I keep hitting Pulse as much as possible to keep the Dare LMG going and just have the reviver hive when things go south. I think this build has about 53% CHC and 117% CHD, but cannot exactly remember (not with my console at the moment). I'm not entirely sold on this build, as it still seems to take soooooo many rounds to down enemies.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@devle335 I think your DtOOC estimate might be high unless you aggressively push enemies out of cover, crash spawns, or are sitting forever waiting for all enemies to change cover. It's strong, and I like it, but it's edge over DtA is less pronounced as you go up in difficulty level. Way back I tracked it for a bit and found it closer to 65-75% of enemies were out of cover.

Though the main reason I favor DtA over DtOOC, is because my biggest pain point are Veteran Outcast Gunners who park in Cover with their LMG ripping [well, Veterans in general since I'm usually running an AR PfE build] 😊

As noted, I find Hunter's sitting in cover often enough to give DtA the edge in Countdown.

• PT_Frizzer
    55 posts

I'm on PC and running Countdown with
    4 pc HB (chest, back, holster and kneepads) 2 with Armor, the rest with Red
    Contractor's
    Mask (Coyote, Fenris, Ceska, it depends, I'm still looking)
    Carbine 7 DtA and strained
    ACS-12 Strained (hit like a hammer)

• Oatiecrumble
  • PT_Frizzer
    55 posts

@oatiecrumble That is what I have. 2 HB with core blue (armor) and 2 with Core Red (WD)

• Oatiecrumble

@PT_Frizzer did your's bug out like in that link i posted above, when i added reds to HB i lost the HB buff and done much less damage....see link, i done some screenshots showing this.

• PT_Frizzer
    55 posts

@oatiecrumble What happens to me sometimes is if I change a piece in the build the HB don't proc. Other day I changed the mask ( Coyote's for Fenris and the HB didn't proc. Changed the build to another and then again to HB and fix it. I think is bugged.

• MisterFibble
    74 posts

Coordinated teamwork doesn't need much more than a subgroup of 4 heading to the same objective with minor detour to tag the countermeasures rather than having all 8 team members wander to wherever they fancy. Can easily have 2/3 objective handled and converging on the third with all countermeasures off within the first 5 minutes or so with out any more coordination than someone marking the map, no voice chatter really required just see what colour your subgroup is and stay on track. It's not a raid, it's a timed event.

As for builds pretty much any cookie cutter build seems to work apart from probably a sniper build and caution is required for skills that can be hijacked by hunters to avoid teamkilling. Status builds can be neutered at the start by a countermeasure so look for that biohazard icon and be aware that someone might decide to run across you when aiming a stickybomb or chem launcher.

• Oatiecrumble
    @oatiecrumble What happens to me sometimes is if I change a piece in the build the HB don't proc. Other day I changed the mask ( Coyote's for Fenris and the HB didn't proc. Changed the build to another and then again to HB and fix it. I think is bugged.

Yep that fixed it, saved the loadout with the new changes and loaded another loadout and then went back to my HB loadout and it fixed it 👍

• V4MPiR1
    224 posts

@oatiecrumble

Coordinated Teamwork in a PUG is out of the question 😰

Amen to that, brother. 🤣

Suggested Topics