ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AgentOfDread
    Original poster 8 posts

Can the press vs hold components of hotkeys to loot be switched or switchable?

Currently:

• Pressing F will bring up a panel so you can view the item before putting it in your inventory.
    • Holding F will pick up all items without viewing them.

My requested change:

• Pressing F will pick up all items without viewing them.
    • Holding F will bring up a panel so you can view the item before putting it into your inventory.

Why? Because if you're wanting to view the item before picking it up, chances are you are not in combat or in a hurry, so the slower (holding) option makes sense. If you're in the middle of a gunfight or on your way to the next objective, you want the fastest item (pressing the button). Sometimes holding F is no big deal and other times it just will not cooperate and I spend 10-15 seconds trying to pickup one item in the middle of a gunfight because I know I won't be returning to this location.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• III_Hammer_III
    113 posts

I'm sure it can, to the annoyance of 99.99999% of the player base.

I can't think of any encounter in which I had to go so far away from a dropped item during fighting, that I wouldn't be able to go back and get it, if I wanted the loot. About the only situation I could think of, is being deep into a legendary mission, seeing an item drop, dying, and not wanting to do the run again. But that doesn't warrant a change that would annoy the overwhelming majority of players (IMO).

• TxDieselKid
    332 posts

Needed this for a LONG time.

• WrecK3rr
    326 posts

I also love the one button press thing from Outriders,
    which picks up all loot items dropped on the floor no matter close or far.

Suggested Topics