ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Mr_TwoToke
    Original poster 4 posts

Please devs if you are reading this don't make the same mistake as Div1 with Striker/Showstopper! The problem is not the set, it's one shotgun the ACS-12. Every content creator out there is calling for a nerf instead of realising that they're all using the same weapon to build stack. Shotguns shouldn't stack with each pellet! These same content creators will be the first to say how bad and unusable the set is once its nerfed like they did with Striker. The set is fun and wouldn't be half as effective in PvP or PvE without that shotgun.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WrecK3rr
    459 posts

I agree. Its not the gear set itself, its the rapid stack build up by that shotgun.
    Which I personally don't think is that big of a problem either, but If I had to name one,
    then yes, that shotgun building up stacks in a matter of seconds is where the problem lies.

Both for Heartbreaker and Striker. Not a problem in PVE I'd say.
    But in PVP, yes huge difference. I don't think there is an easy way to build stacks if not from this shotgun.
    And both gear sets are simply not worth it without stacks.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

I'd rather they nerf HB than my precious ACS-12, I've been using it since waayyy before HB showed up 🤒

I still don't think it would be an issue if they cut down the number of stacks ┐( ∵ )┌

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@mr_twotoke I don't think it needs to be nerfed, however, I think there should be tweaks.

• Players should not be able to shoot a decoy and rack up their buffs.
    • The rate that a player can stack up armor with the ACS-12 should be adjusted.
      • In it's current state, in seems each shotgun pellet equates to a single shot from any automatic weapons. i.e if a player hits all pellets from a single shotgun round, they seem to receive the same armor buff as hitting 6-7 shots from an automatic weapon.

Other than that, the build is seems to fairly balanced. The build doesn't offer much weapon damage unless it's buffs are active. It has low critical hit, chance, and headshot damage. Any engagement outside their optimal range renders them about useless. I run a critical hit build with 750k armor and can face a player using Heartbreaker even at close quarters. Even in Conflict, I was able to hold my own against Hearbreaker/ACS12 builds. Even if I come up against a player with their buff active, I just play range and puts them out of business.

However, Heartbreaker does put PvE and Countdown out of balance. Heartbreaker has proved to make Countdown and other difficult missions almost impossible to fail using Heartbreaker.

Overall, I think Heartbreaker proves more of an issue in PvE and Countdown rather in PvP/DZ. I think the underlying issue is not the gear set it's self, but how easy it is to accumulate stacks with the ACS-12 shotgun. Finding adjustment in the ease of stack building from the ACS-12 and removing the ability for players to accumulate stacks from shooting a decoy would completely resolve all of the issues with the set.

• xThirteenth
    1 posts

@mr_twotoke In PVP/DZ, something is in need of adjustment as the meta build is destroying almost everything. It really boring to fight the same build over and over. Yeah, you can beat it at range, and close combat, but with stacks, it is brutal to go against.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@wreck3rr Meh. I think Heartbreaker renders more of an issue in PvE and Countdown rather than PvP and Conflict. From my experience, in PvE/Countdown, anytime a player is using Heartbreaker, it's almost impossible to fail the objective given how easy it is to stack armor against NPCs.

But agreed, it's not the gearset, it's the ease in ability of armor stacking with the ACS-12. As well as the ability to stack armor against the decoy skill. Players should not be able to shoot a decoy and rack up their bonus armor.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

Solution: have the ACS-12 fire Slug Rounds* 😁

*Giving it the Optimal Range profile of the G28..

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@xthirteenth Yeah. It is annoying how once a Youtube video goes up almost the entire player base uses that same exact build. Not with any changes of their own, but the same exact build weapons and gear pieces. No creativity, just straight copied.

Both PvE and the DZ is flooded with this build. I don't mind getting killed in the DZ by someone who created their own build, but it is annoying getting killed by countless different people using the same build they got from the internet in which that build gave them the advantage in the first place.

• Metal_Greg
    171 posts

Heart Breaker is undeniable OP. It can drop an elite on heroic(body shots), at full stacks, in one mag from an AR WITH ZERO DAMAGE INVESTMENT.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/156627/heartbreaker-requires-no-damage-investment?lang=en-US

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@metal_greg I agree that Heartbreaker serves more as an issue in PvE and Countdown over the DZ or Conflict. Completely off-sets the balance of higher difficulty settings and missions.
    I've responded to back-up calls for agents under level 50 sweeping through Heroic missions with the Heartbreaker gear set and ACS-12. Doesn't seem as if a lower level agent with unoptimized gear and low upgrades to their watch should match the skill set and ability of a higher level agent with fully optimized gear.

• San1tater
    36 posts

however, did you tried the vector .45? it could also fill the stacks quickly with its 1200 rpm. the problem is not the gun, but exactly the build. while the strikers also relying on stacks, did it ever have fun with such a insane damage bonous and nearly unbreakable armor bonous? it's still stronger even if it only have half of the bonous with the current stack requirements. to make it kill stacks instead of hit stacks might be the right way to fix it.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

I retract everything I said about Heartbreaker in PvP and the DZ. Just got out of DZ West where a group of 4 rogues steam rolled the entire server. Highest in the group was lvl 126, they cleared a level 53, reward tier 3 manhunt. I was in a random group of 3 others, lowest level in the group was 2,700. We all had fully optimized gear, while the manhunt group maybe had 1 or two maxed out slots in their build. 4 dudes where the highest level was 126 was plowing through a full server of players much higher level than them.

To add, they almost always had their full armor buffs. It was legit impossible to take them down. Wildest thing I've ever seen in this game.

• San1tater
    36 posts
  • WrecK3rr
    459 posts

@raciaiadhesive Exactly what I was referring to in my post above.

• Mr_TwoToke
    Original poster 4 posts

@latenitedelight Its not the ACS12 that needs a nerf just the way it interacts with the Heartbreaker gear set. It should work the same way it works with obliterate.

• Mr_TwoToke
    Original poster 4 posts

@san1tater It stacks fast but not as fast and you don't get full stacks before having to reload or switch weapon. With the ACS12 its almost instant and you gain full stacks before the end of the clip.

• Oatiecrumble
    947 posts

Maybe change the stacks as follows:

Assault Rifles: Refresh a stack of 1% bonus armor and 1% damage
    LMG's: Refresh a stack of 1% bonus armor and 1% damage
    Sub Machine Guns: Refresh a stack of 0.5% bonus armor and 0.5% damage
    Shotguns: Refresh a stack of 0.5% bonus armor and 0.5% damage

Etc Etc

Or just leave it as it is and let ALL types of players have fun....it's not like anyone is forcing players to use the set.

I myself don't really care as i find the game has lost it's direction.

• Imagine_Brata
    882 posts

For my part, Heartstopper would only be activated and work with AR / LMG. Then you would get rid of all acs-12 exploit cheaters

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@mr_twotoke still say it's the perfect opportunity to make the ACS-12 a slug shotgun 😁

• xcel30
    982 posts

@imagine_brata I mean i wouldn't call it cheating because nothing points towards being a bug, definetly kinda OP but more devs being dumb since plot twist, same thing happened with classified striker in the first game

Suggested Topics