ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• E.M.P.I.
    Original poster 6 posts

The hunters in div 2 are just bullet sponges that hit hard. unlike in div 1 where their ai is what made them scary. In this game the hunters seem to just stand in the open way to often. Its like they're trying to be hit. In div 1 hunters were always in cover, or moving from cover to cover. They would also do a lot more dive rolls into cover. which imo was one of the defining features about them. In div 2 they seem to like walking into cover. Also in div 1 they would always try to move closer to the player for a melee kill. While moving from cover to cover. The hunters should be more aggressive, Its odd when the white tusk are more aggressive than the hunters. Basically the hunters need to dive roll a lot more, while also being more aggressive. The div 2 hunters just seem too passive.

Div 2 hunters examples

Div 1 hunters examples

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Viking_Jarl
    100 posts

@e-m-p-i

I think the developers should nerf the hunters altogether as they have unlimited ammunition for all their weapons and energy for the gear!
    Meanwhile the players only have unlimited ammo for the pistol, and if not running a 100% skill build you are way behind the hunters that also can change their entire gear lineup on a whim!
    Don't feel fair either!

• E.M.P.I.
    Original poster 6 posts

In div 1 it was all about outsmarting them and timing. here its about out damaging them, or out tanking them.

• xcel30
    982 posts

I think it's that this game lower overal time to kill, makes it so you damage them way faster so you deal quite a lot more damage before they decide to take cover and they are mostly alone at the start also. In the extraction where there are multiple hunters you can see them pretty fast take cover in the confusion while black tusks try to rush you and another hunter tries to flank

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

I don't think Countdown is a good example of the Hunter AI. I'm wondering if it has minor issues in large groups of NPCs? I noticed a similar issue top of Summit, but figured it was the confined nature of the room.

I found their behavior to be as you want, when I did the Puzzle/Mask Hunter's. They try to cover to cover more, they roll a lot, and they're actively trying to reposition for an axe attempt.

Granted, I never really felt the Hunter's in Div1 were a big threat, but I never fought one before I had a Max DtA build - and the ones in Survival never felt dangerous either, but I've only ever done that as a Duo.

• MisterFibble
    88 posts

Hunters don't hunt, the ones in the open world wait to be summoned like some ritualistic spirit while the scripted ones in places like summit and countdown just sponge damage, put out a ton of damage and have cheaty abilities that aren't available to the player.

Ideally they'd be coaxed into action by a player doing enough to put them on a hunters radar at which point they'd track your activities and either stalk you or setup in an ambush by putting out a false flag on the map for an event like the hostage rescue. We do see them very rarely on rooftops or have that UI static which hints they're nearby but apart from that they're not worthy of the title "Hunter"

Suggested Topics