ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Trayhome
    Original poster 4 posts

Greeting dear Ubisoft Team,

Im encouting the following problem in Anno 1800. When I playing in Multiplayer (We play Vanilla) or Singelplayer(All DLC´s) the Ram usage went insane high. After one Hour it consumes already 17 GB Ram while my friends only need 8 GB ram. While im playing the game i can watch the slow but steady increase in useage of the ram and it increases so long till it crashes or it start to stutter so hard that i have to restart. I tried to resarche for a solution but i have not found one. I have done some troubleshooting tips you provide in a different post but has no affact on my problem. It makes no difference if i use a new Game save or an Old save, the consumtion is the same.

I hope you can help me with this problem.

I tried to upload my DxDiag and MSIinfo to provide you with more information, but i dont have the "privilage" to upload something here. I set up a google drive ordner so you can access it if you need it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1KdsbqFLrTUgOC4Lmjt4TDnC2faPDmk-y: (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1KdsbqFLrTUgOC4Lmjt4TDnC2faPDmk-y)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thorlof
    Anno Dev Team Community Developer 250 posts

Hey Trayhome, thank you for the report, you already answered several of my questions, so I'm just going to add:

• Are you (and your friend) using the Steam, Epic or Ubisoft Connect version of the game?
    • Does your friend have hardware that's comparable to yours?
    • Did you notice the issue appearing when building something specific, i.e. lots of ornaments, a huge fleet, certain building types etc.?

We would also like ask you to provide an affected savegame so we can have a look for possible causes related to point 3.

Official Response
  • Trayhome
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-thorlof

We play as a group of 4 people and one has a setup better then mine the others worse but even less consumption in case of ram. I bought the game in the past on steam and my friends play via Ubisoft Connect. I tried to play over steam and via uplay same result as for singel as multiplayer (I dont host the multiplayer game).

Only on my side i have a gradually increase of ram consumption till it crashes. I tried various to change my grafic settings like low end, high end, Direct X 11, 12 but the problem presists.
    I dont noticed any issues appearing for specific Objects a friend of mine uses them a lot though^^.

Sure ill provide it in the same Dropbox as mentioned above. Further more i add logs for the past two days if it may helps us to figure out my problem. It should be ready lasted 17:00

• Ubi-Thorlof
    Anno Dev Team Community Developer 250 posts

Thanks a lot, have forwarded all info + your saves for investigation 🙂

Official Response
  • Trayhome
    Original poster 4 posts

ok, thanks a lot

im waiting for you replay.

• XSm00vX
    1 posts

@trayhome
    I have the same problem with the steam version
    play on 4k with 32gb ram and after an hour the ram is completely full and i can't move the mouse anymore because it stutters a lot.
    After a restart it is ok again for an hour and then it starts again.
    I haven't had problems like this before

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Hey @xsm00vx ,

Thanks for getting in touch, investigations are still ongoing at the moment, we appreciate you reaching out to us!

As per Thorlof's post, could you please also confirm;

• Do you notice the drops appearing after building something specific?
    • Could you please provide a copy of your affected save file?

Much appreciated!

Official Response
  • Trayhome
    Original poster 4 posts

Hey @Ubi-Thorlof

Today i updated two new pictures in the ordner. One of the actuell erro massage and the other one a picture of my Task Manager Ram usage.

• LittleBabyZyabl
    1 posts

Hello everyone, I have the same issue with ram usage. Last time I was playing Anno all were fine. I could play for hours with a pretty big cities. It was last year. Today I launched anno again and couldn't play even an hour. My ram usage for Anno starts from 6 gb and rapidly approaches 8-10 gbs and then system crushes. I'm playing with 16 gb ddr4, gtx 1070, intel core i7 8750H (laptop), low-medium settings. I was thinking that it was a problem with my OS, but even after new clean installation i couldn't play anno. I tried to play with smaller resolution (droped it from full HD to 1600x1200) but it didnt help too
    edited: i can make screen video how it happens with demonstration of settings and ram usage via intel XTU

• noAim-zEro
    1 posts

I have the same ram usage issue, i've noticed that the ram rises badly after activating the new world. I think it started with building the hacienda.
    Im also using the Steam version.
    Playing with 32gb ddr4

• Ubi-LadyBlue
    Ubisoft Support Staff 313 posts

Hello @noaim-zero and @LittleBabyZyabl.

I'm sorry to hear you're both running into this issue with Ram usage as well.

@LittleBabyZyabl, Did you notice this occurs after you build anything specifically? Are you using the Ubisoft Connect, Steam, or Epic version of the game?

Could I also have both of you grab me copies of your save files so that I can get them passed along?

Official Response

Suggested Topics