ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• F0rty7even
    Original poster 2 posts

I got the division 2 on the sale a few days ago. It has been crashing non-stop every since. The crashes are random and not tied to any specific event/action in the game.

The crashes happen while free-roaming, in a mission and even when opening the map or menu. The crashes happened multiple times mid-missions (invaded and normal pre-endgame) which is frustrating of course.

My rig is RTX 2060 Super on Ryzen 5 and windows 11 rendering game with DX 11.

Windows is up-to-date. Graphics driver is up-to-date and I have no issue with any other game.

One thing I noticed is that every time the game crashes, it turns to windowed mode before fully stopping. not sure if that's helpful.

I need a solution please or else I have to request a refund because the game in unplayable at this stage.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• suschunga
    206 posts
    The crashes are random and not tied to any specific event/action in the game.

It's not your machine, and has been a known problem with the game for awhile. There was mention of fixes coming in TU16, but no release date has been announced.

• Mister-Deluxe
    18 posts

I am getting exactly the same thing down to the game going into windowed mode. Crashed twice on me last night during Legendaries! I did notice that I was getting stutters when the game called iCue and so I turned that off but it hasn't stopped the crashes.

• Visualsun
    7 posts

If you are getting the game freezing followed by blue circle of death, try turning "Music Volume" and "Dialogue Volume" to 0 (can leave SFX volume to whatever setting). Let us know if that works.

If you are getting a straight crash to desktop that even causes UbiConnect to crash, you need to disable overclock settings in your PC's bios.

Let us know the results.

• Jonis326
    2 posts

@visualsun Okay no joke.. This [censored] is working for me. Came across this cause my bro has been crashing and asked me to look into it... I haven't played in a bit and also have a fresh install of Win 11 and this works on it as well.

I know I have had issues with audio on Win 11 causing crashes, thought it was localized to that, but I am happy I found this post!

• Jonis326
    2 posts

@visualsun Works for me! Fresh install of Windows 11 and Division 2. Came across this because my bro was crashing and wanted me to look into it. Thanks for the advice. I will stand behind this temp fix. I've seen Win 11 crash games a fair amount. Its a SOLID fix for me.

• Longbow830
    4 posts

Had the same crashing issue as well.

PC build
    WIN 10 (still)
    MSI MAG Tomahawk
    Ryzen 9 5900x
    GTX 1080ti
    32gb DDR4
    M.2 1tb
    SSD 2tb

I uninstalled my NVIDIA drivers with CCleaner
    Restarted my PC, downloaded off NVIDIA website the current drivers for my card, GTX 1080ti
    On installation I did not choose express install, I chose Custom
    Then selected Clean installation
    Restart PC and so far have been crash free.

NVIDIA drivers on Express install do not clean out the cash or page files etc like AMD drivers so that could be a cause if it affects NVIDIA cards more.
    With Clean install old drivers are removed and new drivers have a clean install as it says. No overwriting of driver files so less likely to cause an issue

• Visualsun
    7 posts

@jonis326 Glad to hear it! I played over 6 hours in raids, missions, open world over the weekend. I had one crash in Countdown - a player suggested turning off all Third Party lighting/RGB settings ( I didn't even know they were on ) which allowed me to finish a session of countdown. Will try to do a few sessions again this weekend to check on stability. But much better than crashing every 10 minutes in the game.

I don't think the sound problem is related to Win 11 because I am running Win 10. Reading in the support forum, they have known about this issue for a while, just haven't fixed it or provided workarounds.

• Oatiecrumble
    568 posts

Best way to remove Nvidia drivers completly is to use : DDU by guru3d.......Nvidia clean installation leaves traces.

Suggested Topics