ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Eagleyezx
    Original poster 135 posts

@steven527 It would be the ultimate mod if we can have someone from the community figure out how to modify the map.

Like Arma 3, if Ubiflop allowed Breakpoint to have full modding support, it would be the top 5 tactical shooters on the market, giving players all the options they need.

I'm still having a great time playing loud on the Spartan Realism and Authentic Warfare mod, where this no Hud or in game assistance apart from team AI. I know there are others loving these mods too.

However, if Ubiflop takes our suggestions seriously, they will create an incredible third person tactical shooter on release date that will have a lot of tactical players turning their heads.

• Kobi_Blade
    10 posts

Problem is Ubisoft is aiming at the wrong target audience and they are ruining the Tomb Clancy's name, the fact The Division got traction where Ghost Recon didn't is extremely concerning, as money speaks lounder than anything else for companies like Ubisoft.

We want a tactical shooter with no nonsense like gear scores nor bullet sponge enemies, and the main problem with this game right now is the overpowered tanks we fight low caliber guns (make the game boring and frustrating).

There is no faith in Ubisoft to do a proper game nowadays, they lost all their creativity years ago, and they just use the same core gameplay in all their games, we're tired and bored, but Ubisoft doesn't care, they taking all the kids money.

• productz69
    1 posts
    Banned

I had a similar issue with my console in operation sometime. however, Since I actually have got the wonderful deal at

• xJdKxZomBiE
    10 posts

Personally?

Game is fine. Coming from someone who lived the high speed life in Iraq and Afghanistan for 2 years, I don't want that sh** in my video game. If you want ultra mil-sim, go somewhere else. I like the casual combination of general audience/hybrid tactical game.

I play GR and both division games to satisfy a shooter itch with a hint of tactical sprinkled atop a nice moist FUN cake. These games offer a variety of things to do that arent entrenched in what people who have no concept of what real combat is. Real combat isn't anything remotely like what any of these games show. Real combat is a crap load of sitting around watching a target, observing, waiting for command to advise on what course of action needs taken. You aren't rolling up to any country, real or fake, and letting a squad loose to perform as they please attacking soft or hard targets at will and enact their own level of autonomy. Even those who "don't exist" in the sense of being in special ops units don't get to do that. Rangers don't. Navy Seals don't. Force recon doesn't. Delta doesn't. These groups have a very well defined ROE and SOP on engagements with enemies and civilians.

I play games to have fun. I enjoy having fun. I do not want newer Ghost games turned to mil-sim. Give it an internal option, sure, but main line needs to be accessible to all. Believe me when I say that these wannabe hardcore mil-sim shooter dudes are the minute minority.

Hell, my worst firefight I was in lasted all of 10 minutes. Felt like a year. In 2 years in combat theater, I wanna say at most 15 engagements with the enemy that ended in an actual firefight and not us simply lighting their position up with mk19's or M2's on gun turrets. Video games are not real life, and to be honest, outside of particular genres, they don't need to simulate real life. Otherwise Ghost Recon in the future better have a metric sh**load of cutscenes sitting around barracks, sitting in pre-op briefings, packing gear, traveling to destinations, sitting around waiting, listening to local guides on areas of interest or areas to avoid, sitting around some more, lots of walking or driving, sitting around and waiting some more, finding your target, waiting around somewhere to see if target shows up, waiting some more on command to advise next COA on target, waiting for intel to verify target is indeed even target, setting up a game plan, A, B, C, planning how to take action of commands advice. Only after all of this crap is done should you get to engage your target, and then what? 1 or 2 shots to take the target out and then sitting tight to not draw attention from the attack? It's even worse if you don't have a direct CoC and have a handler instead, as it simply creates more people you have to chain through to get anything done (i.e; you to handler, handler to their superior, superior to operations director and then back down)

Y'all watch too many military type movies and shows where it's falsely made up that it's constant action and some gun nuts wet dream about taking on a whole gaggle of bad guys.

Real combat is extremely long sessions of pure boredom punctuated by moments of stark terror.

• Steven527
    381 posts

@xJdKxZomBiE wait, are you telling me you haven't downloaded the latrine cleaning challenge yet?! 😲

Seriously though what I liked about wildlands and to a lesser extent BP is the ability to play the game anyway I want. Most times I'm not even doing a spec ops thing cause frankly I agree, it gets pretty dumb with 4 guys rolling up like something out of a marvel comics film. Wildlands I could at least create for myself a somewhat believable mission scenario. BP it is really difficult as the enemy is just too goofy.

Still, it is a fun shooter.

• AI.BLUEFOX
    217 posts

@xJdKxZomBiE you make a very good point.

GR should not be a mil-sim, I agree. Other games do that better, and it's not where the franchise has ever been aimed. The trouble that causes is just where to pitch the game; where does the design sit between goofy cartoon fun and ultra-serious, stale. The general consensus among the most engaged (not biggest) section of the community is that Breakpoint gameplay at launch with the mission designs and style was pitched too far away from the core principles of the franchise.

We need to be careful we don't swing the pendulum too far back the other way and create a mil-sim, though. We need a game that is accessible to mil-sim fans and more casual fans, but as you say, retains enjoyment as a game. The best way to do that in my view is a realistic scenario, in a properly systemised and reactive world, coupled with player settings that enable you to tune the game. The immersive settings and then the Spartan mod show how much a game can be tuned to personal preference if players are given the means.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1261 posts

This is simple folks

We need OGR with 2022 Technology and a team that wants to innovate it and not make it dumb & dumber with straw hats as protection.

We don't need ARMA 6 but we also don't need Lego Star Wars

• Eagleyezx
    Original poster 135 posts

@FcAc-No-Moe Exactly.

Fix rendering issues to be so that long range firefights actually work in game.

AI needs to be fixed so that the game is actually challenging.

Give us more customisable options to enjoy Ghost Recon as a tactical sandbox game.

I don't think anyone is asking for an ultra realistic game. Give us GR1 and GRAW.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1261 posts
    @FcAc-No-Moe Exactly.

Fix rendering issues to be so that long range firefights actually work in game.

AI needs to be fixed so that the game is actually challenging.

Give us more customisable options to enjoy Ghost Recon as a tactical sandbox game.

I don't think anyone is asking for an ultra realistic game. Give us GR1 and GRAW.

Problem is that they have broken Humpty Dumpty so many times and put it back on wrong (with all these different Genres and wrong assest) that even Humpty Dumpty is doubting that it is him beneath all of that crap but the people who don't know how Humpty Dumpty looked like initially can argue that they like what they see... that is one of the biggest issues that we have now and to them we are, perhaps, even wrong

Sad state of affairs if you ask me

So for that same reason, they shouldn't bring the feedback they keep under the rug out because what they will have is another BP... This is why I am thinking that this next one (at least the one we are hoping will happen before the next meteor hit us) needs to be kept simple, back to square one and simply fix the old technology with the new technology. Keep it a big but close sand box per mission so the team can give us a quality AI, otherwise, if they bring a HUGE open world, it will be more of the same Dumb & Dumber AI with gimmicks and scams to keep the kids entertain and focused.

Suggested Topics