ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• T.H.U.D.D.
    Original poster 139 posts

Thank you for bringing the fun back! I'm really enjoying this set!!!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sir_0v3rk1ll
    149 posts

@t-h-u-d-d that only says you were bad at the game for not having fun with any other gear set or branding. The only reason you like heartbreaker is because its op, broken. Trust me it'll get balanced.

• EagleEye1981
    19 posts

@t-h-u-d-d RUN N GUN is super fun i agree. pay no attention to people who just want to call others bad players for having a different playstyle. yes this set will get balanced for the OP weapon damage for sure. all other red builds with an AR hit around or just over 1mil per crit hit to the head. While a full red heartbreaker with kingbreaker can hit 2mill per crit, so that is defiantly needing some attention but if you love the RUN N GUN style then enjoy it. I'm hoping they leave the survivability aspect of this set though for the RUN N GUN fun.

• T.H.U.D.D.

@eagleeye1981 I'm sure the devs will cave to the anti-fun police in this game, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. And Sr_Ov3rk1ll, anyone who has played with me can see that I'm not bad at the game; unless they caught me at the end of my whiskey indulgence ;). I don't thump my chest over video game prowess anyway. It's kind of funny how many people think it actually matters.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@t-h-u-d-d Sure it may be fun, but it's completely busted.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll Agreed. Heartbreaker is broken.

• Madinogi
    24 posts
    @eagleeye1981 I'm sure the devs will cave to the anti-fun police in this game, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. And Sr_Ov3rk1ll, anyone who has played with me can see that I'm not bad at the game; unless they caught me at the end of my whiskey indulgence ;). I don't thump my chest over video game prowess anyway. It's kind of funny how many people think it actually matters.

Anti Fun police....... Whos the Anti Fun police,
    the ones who are calling for a glaringly OP gearset to be adjusted, or the people who Abuse this set and destroying any fun and balance and enjoyment for those in the Dark Zones?

im not one who ventures into the Dark Zones, every time i try my Anxiety Flares up and i have to leave after a couple minutes. but even i can see how Opressive and "anti Fun" this set is in the Dark Zone.
    Anyone who ventures into the Dark Zone are Forced to Play by the Rules of Another Player all due to a single Gearset, and if they arent running it as well their going to Lose and die. deprving those people of their Fun that they find in the DZ's

• T.H.U.D.D.

@madinogi There's always going to be sweaty players in the DZ whose sole enjoyment comes from depriving the other players of fun in order to have fun themselves. The DZ is designed that way. No matter what set you use, someone has a counter that will decimate it in seconds. Sometimes that counter is simply having another person running with them. Should the devs nerf this as well? Should they reduce the damage and armor values for players working together in the DZ? No one is forcing anyone to use Heartbreaker. If you guys don't like the set, you don't have to use it. There are so many other builds to use; why not leave a fun one in there. There really isn't any new content in the game anyway. Who cares how you run missions and control points for the millionth time. If players crave an extreme challenge, they can run legendaries or DZ with purple gear. And who really cares how someone else plays the game?

Some people like to put ketchup on their eggs. I don't, so I don't use the ketchup. I don't ask the restaurant to remove all the ketchup from their tables.

• Madinogi
    24 posts

@t-h-u-d-d ........................im just going to say it, wether this slaps me with a Suspension or not, it needs to be Said.
    You Are Clueless Mate, and you are clearly not paying attention to the responses, because you are just living in youre own little dream world.

NOONE is talking about having to use it in the context of clearing run of the mill content, people are [censored] and rightfully so because this Set is Downright Opressive and Destructive to the core design philosophy of this game, downright ignoring it. Peoples problem from this set comes from PvP Conflict and The Dark Zone, because anyone who isnt running it are doomed right from the get go,

True Patriot, Hunters Fury, And Striker all have fatal flaws, which balance them out and dont vastly overpower the others. they also have a single thing in common, they require you to spec into Red Stat.

True Patriot, is Reliant on its Color rotation, meaning you have to wait on a color to rotate to shoot the target to collect a color, Timing is its Flaw.

Hunters Fury, is a CQC Vampirism build, its design requires you get within spitting distance of the enemies. 15m and less and requires you have the ability to kill a enemy Quickly in order to Regain lost Armor, its suvivability is its Flaw.

Striker is a Stack building Set similiar to Heart breaker, but what makes Striker balanced but heartbreaker unbalanced? Simple, Striker only increases youre Damage for shooting the Target, its a Glass Cannon build. Stacks decay every second and by missing shots. next to no survivability and Accuracy dependance is its Flaw.

Pit the 3 agaisnt echother and it all comes down to player skill, they are balanced and not opressive over eachother. Pit all 3 agaisnt heartbreaker, Heartbreaker will win every time, WHY???
    heartbreaker Requires you shoot a target that is pulsed (which is stupid easy with the laser Pointer, Just point and Shoot) to build up stacks, You dont lose stacks for missing youre shots like you do with Striker, You gain 1% bonus Damage compared to Strikers 0.5% bonus Damage and Heartbreaker ALSO builds 1% Bonus Armor, Meaning you dont have to spec into Blue Core to reach the Same amount of Armor as a Full Blue Core build but you still get the same amount of Damage as a Red Core build, and if you put in Red cores youre Damage flies through the Roof. 1 Million a headshot on a AR Crit. on something that doesnt require Strikers or 6 Red Cores.
    Heartbreaker Vs Strikers.
    Strikers Max Damage, 50% increase.
    Heartbreaker Max Damage Increase 100%

Striker Max Bonus Armor: 0%
    Heartbreaker Max Bonus Armor 100% (Excluding the fact the Armor Bonus is apparently making you gain 170% Bonus Armor due to it being Multiplicative. this is going off Pure %'s between the 2 Sets.

now throw in the New Exotic Catharsis Mask that makes it where if you Take Damage from Any Source builds up to a 30% Bonus to Weapon Damage, (IE, If youre opponant does try to break past that Bonus Armor, they are only further enhancing youre Weapon Damage, allowing you to hose em down even faster, and at 31 hits in, Procs a Healing Cloud that heals 5% of Armor for 10 Seconds. making it so if they Did hurt youre white Armor Bar, you get to heal 50% of youre white Armor Bar back over 10 Seconds. making you pretty much unkillable. a single person with this set, can down a entire 4 man squad of non Heartbreaker Agents with abundant ease.
    OH and if their using Eaglebearer and they get a Headshot kill before you even get a shot in, which is more then likely going to happen, GOOD LUCK!!! even getting past the Bonus Armor until after youre dead since Eaglebearer Delays a % of the Damage taken by 15 seconds.

this Set is BROKEN!!! and in need of a nerf. ignoring any of the PvE shenighans it allows even tho im not a fan of PvE Nerfs.
    this Set makes it where anyone who isnt also running it has a Death Sentance and have forfeited all their PvP Battles to anyone who is using it.

• T.H.U.D.D.

@madinogi I don't mind being called things. Have at it; no worries. It's probably time they split the game into two separate properties. One for pvp and one for pve, since they clearly can't balance for both. This has been a constant woe from the start. The simplest thing for them to do is balance gearsets separately for pvp, but they can't even do that competently. Also, I think you guys are taking the game way too seriously.

• xcel30
    982 posts

@t-h-u-d-d Please point me towards the counter to HB gear set in PVP that isn't another person running HB gear set

• T.H.U.D.D.

@xcel30 Well, there are pulse resistance mods that can be used in addition to the System Corruption gearset, but I think the HB set is still bugged in that it still builds stacks with headshots even if the player has not been pulsed. That's more dev incompetence than the gearset itself, though. If they can make the game function properly, a pulse resistance build can negate the Heartbreaker set since it is reliant upon pulsing the target.

• xcel30
    982 posts

@t-h-u-d-d Since that is not the case with the current version of the game i think it's better to wait and leave that question unaswered because while technically that should be true it's not at the same time. So the only counter is something that doesn't exists, see the problem?

• T.H.U.D.D.

@xcel30 Yes, but the counter not currently existing is due to the game malfunctioning, not the set itself. A knee-jerk nerfing would make the set incredibly weak once ( or if ) they can get the game to function properly. If they could revert the nerf once the functionality has been restored, I wouldn't have a problem with that; but these are the same devs who have let crashing run wild for a year or more, now. I'm not sure how they'll deal with this. Their strength seems to lie with nerfing, though; so I imagine they will go with the knee-jerk reaction.

It's a shame that they can't effectively balance separately for pvp and pve, because this set is actually a bit of fresh air for re-running the same missions, global events, manhunts, and checkpoints we have been running for years.

• GhostAgent14
    203 posts

@t-h-u-d-d

I would also like to thank the Ubisoft devs for the Heartbreaker gear set!! It really is sooooooo much fun!!

• TxDieselKid
    407 posts

Had so much fun having old friends come back and sticking around thanks to this set!!

Bravo devs!!

Although, I will argue that this is the update that Striker should have got instead.

Suggested Topics