ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• grantsheppard
    Original poster 26 posts

Im putting together a list of things that need to be adressed! Its going to be a long list so it will be updated over time. I love TD2 but a lot of things frustrate me and im sure other players as well.

1.SHD Calibration points
    Why do you make it so hard to get them? I really do not understand that! Its what players need to upgrade their gear and weapons but its the one thing that is hard to get. Gaming is supposed to be fun, a way of relaxing. You come home from work and there is a another job waiting, called the grind. You are not being innovative.

2.Cover
    A lot of times enemies are able to shoot through cover or shoot you from an impossible angle. I noticed that enemies will stand on places they shopuldnt and are unreachable for players.
    Enemies float a lot and you love to spawn enemies behind players too, very unrealistic and lazy. Also shooting from cover especially doorways is almost impossible since its been setup in a way to hinder a player.

3.Damage output
    Its crazy but when i get hit by an LMG my armor will take the hit, if i get hit by an SMG my armor is almost immediately depleted. The SMG can kill me instantly but i can survive an LMG? Whats wrong with this picture?

4.Grenades
    When i get hit by a grenade or the blast of it it does considerable damage. When a player does this it does not. Enemies dodge grenades like its the matrix. It completely renders the use of grenades useless. Its not realistic. Spamming players with drones and grenades.is also an issue. how are players supposed to protect themselves from that?

5.Balance
    Balance the game right! You have a pearl of a product here but you are negelcting it. I love a challenge but Legendary needs to be toned down. I love it but players need to have a bit more breathing room here. Either give players guides on how to deal with this mode and how to create a capable build or tone it down. You will see that a lot more players will play it. You create all this good stuff, put the good loot behind it but then make it so hard that players dont want to play it. You focus too much on a certain type of player while trying to cater to everyone. make up your mind!

6.Accesibility
    This one is about the raid. Make it accessible for everyone. It is just too hard to get a team together for a regular player who also needs to know how to play the raid. Not everyone has a hundred friends. Again you focus too much on a certain type of player and on top of that dont explain the mechaincs of the raid either. You made it, now explain it.

Im not complaining here. Im just wondering about the reasoning behind some of the choices made. If you have valid points id love to hear them. If you want to troll, move on. Thess are points that frustrate me, if what i write here frustrates you then dont read my posts. Have a nice day! 🕶

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Oatiecrumble
    607 posts

1: That is the nature of games like this...Grind.
    2: Being shot through cover, normally white tusk or hunters who can do this...why i don't know, yep some enemies are in abscure places and very hard to reach, quite rare though.
    3: Looking at you Mr Hynena SMG guy.
    4: Useful in group, Useless solo
    5: Don't believe it needs toning down, just need a good group...but that alone can cause a problem.....finding one.
    6: I don't raid, i need to pi$$ way to much from beers 😂

• grantsheppard
    Original poster 26 posts

@oatiecrumble Thnx for the reply however, you clearly dont understand what im saying.

Have a nice day!

• Imagine_Brata
    516 posts
    Spamming players with drones and grenades.is also an issue. how are players supposed to protect themselves from that?

Thats why we have Explosive resistance attributes . I use 1 explosive resistant when i play legendary ,and I can easily take 3-4 grenade / drone explosions.

Legendary needs to be toned down.

Legendary is meant to be a challenge for those who want an extra tough challenge. And we already run Legendary speedruns without any problems. So no nerf here

• desrocchi
    197 posts

1.SHD Calibration points
    they're not that hard to get past lvl 1000, you can get them from the watch or by crafting. Yes, they're the rarest resource but there will always be a "rarest".

2.Cover
    to this point I think cover should be better than having a shield, yet it's always worse. Shooting from cover nets you more damage taken than walking around with a shield.
    This is absolutely counterintuitive.

3.Damage output
    yep, there are some enemies that still do way more damage than others and we get these unwarranted damage spikes that put us is a binder.

4.Grenades
    I agree but I don't think it will get fixed at this point

5.Balance
    On this I disagree. Legendary is meant to be a masochistic difficulty and it's meant for the masochists.

6.Accesibility
    I don't care for the raids. They're meant to be played that way and they are meant for groups, I'm ok with that. What I don't agree with is hiding exotics behind them to force people into them even though they do not want to have to rely on strangers to carry them through the raid.

• Noxious81
    901 posts
    (...) 1.SHD Calibration points (...)

If your intention is to play Division for relaxing then you can easily do this. Just pick a difficulty setting that fits your experience, knowledge of the game, and of course your choice of how deeply you want to get involved into the game's mechanics. The game offers a lot of depth concerning builds, mechanics, strategies etc. – but in case you just want to relax while playing, I can only suggest playing difficulties which are meant for this kind of fun. "Normal" or "hard" – or maybe even "challenging" if you want to push it a little further.

For all the aforementioned difficulties you do not need Optimization at all. Optimization is an endgame mechanic, meant to give hardcore veterans a) something to strive for and b) optimize their otherwise well thought-out builds from 98% to 100%.

2.Cover (...)

Yes, the cover system does have its flaws. Especially doorways often don't work very well as cover. But it's a good thing that you're using cover, because a lot of players neglect cover. So I'm pretty confident that you'll get accustomed to how cover in The Division 2 works best pretty fast. And always keep an eye on the mini map – some enemy archetypes especially like to flank you and bypass your cover.

3.Damage output (...)

This might be an issue of playing on a yet to hard difficulty. You probably won't run into such problems anymore when lowering the difficulty – for having a more relaxing gaming experience. If you want be able to withstand more enemy fire on higher difficulties you probably need to invest a bit more time in creating a proper build to best fit your desired play style.

(And such observations also can often be explained when keeping in mind that LMGs usually hit you from far away and with less RPM, making it feel less dangerous – while SMGs will hit you during close combat with a very high RPM and less misfiring.)

4.Grenades (...)

There in fact are counter measures to protect you from grenades and explosive drones. One is the attribute Explosive Resistance. But that's probably not the best way. Drones can be shot (and are very useful to even kill the operator) or pulsed. Grenades can be dodged – but that's something that you will have to learn. Especially as different enemies (red bars vs. veterans vs. elites for example... or Outcasts vs. BT) have a different accuracy when shooting or throwing grenades.

Again: on lower difficulties grenade and drone spam happens way less frequent (down to "not at all") so that you can easily adjust your gaming experience here.

5.Balance (...)

Legendary difficulty once was introduced as a challenge for the best 1% of players. That's the intention behind this difficulty setting (and still it already got nerfed more than once to make it accessible for even lesser experienced players).

So if your goal when playing is "relaxing and having a fun time while just playing around" – legendary is not the difficulty you should be aiming for.

6.Accesibility (...)

Raids are meant to be endgame content for players who really love to get involved into the game. It's strictly not meant to be casual gaming content. In a team of eight agents everyone will need to play specific roles, fulfill objectives, bring specific builds, and communicate (in a nutshell, of course Dark Hours and Iron Horse are pretty different concerning requirements and difficulty).

In case someone wants to bring neither of all that, they can still play the discovery mode and find a team via matchmaking. But for the normal raids, having a coordinated team is mandatory.

• Traumahawk
    78 posts

@grantsheppard

1. You get one for every level. They are fine. Play more.
    2. That's how bullets work in short distances, it's an attack of angles. I run around legendary with glass cannon on as a skill build and I survive fine.
    3. SMG's are burst damage and LMG's are sustained damage.
    4. I actually believe grenades in this game are bull and you have a point here.
    5. Legendary is fine. I played it last night with 5% damage on my skills increased from expertise and it felt like a challenging mission. If you can't do legendary without complaining, you don't actually like a challenge and you just want to ruin the fun of more competent players because you don't want to put the time in to be as good as they are.
    6. matchmaking in this game does leave a lot to be desired.
  • grantsheppard
    Original poster 26 posts

Thank you all for your comments, i appreciate it! I just want to clarify that im not a new player, been playing The Division for years. I read all of your comments, i agree with some of your points but not all.
    My characters lvl is 1000+ and i got a pretty good build. Im no newbie.

1.Traumahawk
    Legendary is fine. I played it last night with 5% damage on my skills increased from expertise and it felt like a challenging mission. If you can't do legendary without complaining, you don't actually like a challenge and you just want to ruin the fun of more competent players because you don't want to put the time in to be as good as they are.

Good for you. Dont assume to know other people. And please stop boasting, stay respectful!

2..Noxious81
    If your intention is to play Division for relaxing then you can easily do this. Just pick a difficulty setting that fits your experience,
    Good advice but the problem with that is, i wont get better loot that way. And again, i play missions on heroic, its the legendaries that give me headaches lol.

And such observations also can often be explained when keeping in mind that LMGs usually hit you from far away and with less RPM, making it feel less dangerous.
    I disagree. Many times they run off and hide (cowards lol) and still manage to kill you from a mile away with an smg and sometimes even a pistol. i dont know, maybe it only happens to me.
    I liked how you explained everything, appreciate it!

Drones can be shot (and are very useful to even kill the operator) or pulsed.
    Lol. I know what you mean, do it all the time. Now trying doing that on legendary when youre being bombarded with drones.

Legendary difficulty once was introduced as a challenge for the best 1% of players. That's the intention behind this difficulty setting (and still it already got nerfed more than once to make it accessible for even lesser experienced players).

I truly did not know that. The only problem i have with legendary is that on some maps like the capitol especially the first part there is almost no cover and they just rush you. Im fine when they are away from me but cant put them down fast enough when they are close. other then that i do like legendary but prefer to play District Union cause they dont seem to rush players as much. Guess i have to keep tinkering.

Raids are meant to be endgame content for players who really love to get involved into the game. It's strictly not meant to be casual gaming content. In a team of eight agents everyone will need to play specific roles, fulfill objectives, bring specific builds, and communicate (in a nutshell, of course Dark Hours and Iron Horse are pretty different concerning requirements and difficulty).

So there are players that are involved and players who are not? I dont get that. Its not that i havent played the raid, its just difficult to put a team together and with players who know what they are doing and are capable and willing to explain it to others. Lets not pretend that the raid mechanics are cut and clear. Did you know what to do on the first run? if you did good for you but that doesnt go for everybody. Maybe my mind is slower than yours lol. I feel that if one puts out a game mode with such complex mechanics it should be explained. But from what i understand is that its made for the elite players. Think i missed that memo.

They can still play the discovery mode and find a team via matchmaking. But for the normal raids, having a coordinated team is mandatory.
    Good luck getting the exotics. You wont get them on Discovery.

desrocchi
    Calibration points are not that hard to get past lvl 1000, you can get them from the watch or by crafting. Yes, they're the rarest resource but there will always be a "rarest".

But players dont start out on lvl 1000 now do they? i think you missed the point.

Raids are meant to be played that way and they are meant for groups, I'm ok with that.

Me too. Never claimed otherwise. It should be easier to find people though thats all i said. If a player wants the Eagle Bearer that person has to go through the raid.
    Now im sure there are many players that would like to raid but have no clue how it works. like i said before, it aint cut and clear now is it?

What I don't agree with is hiding exotics behind them to force people into them.

I agree.

Thank you all!

(I truly believe that at this point with the power of next gen consoles and high end game rigs its time for the gaming industry to truly innovate and do things different.)

• N3mB0t
    917 posts

you say you are not a new player , but i have a strong feeling you´ve been playing the wrong game all this time... just my opinion , i wont even comment on your observations about the game itself , would if you were new and didnt knew the game well , but thats not the case so i feel its pointless to even reply , this can even be already seen in the way you reply to others in this same thread.

have a nice day .

• xcel30
    796 posts

@grantsheppard I can safely make few comments about enemy damage output, as usual increasing the difficilty increases enemies stats such as health, damage, accuracy. At the same time enemies also have ranks such as regular (red), veterans (purple) and elites (yellows), these also increase enemy stats such as damage, health accuracy and at the last level enemies get an additional bonus to their gimmick (hyena engineers have eletric turrets, controllers explosive RC cars now also leave pools of fire one explosion, rusher have eletric batons).

So lets say that hyenas basic unit was designed with poor accuracy but superior firepower so at low levels if players just keep basic distance then they should be fine and just get a scratch or two. But when you go play heroic, the multiplier for stats go wayyy up and so the enemy suddendly has absurd damage and decent accuracy so even a single shot becomes almost death for non tank builds, while on the other hand TS LMG gunners were made to have okay accuracy and meh damage because they are meant to use their unique lie down position to increase their accuracy and really hit the player, so when the same multipliers apply to him, since he already had low damage it doesnt go to absurd damages since was meant to be an enemy that locks you in place.

tl;dr Hyenas were made to hit hard but miss often, hyenas elites in higher difficulty just have bonker accuracy multipliers that let them hit more often than they should when they were meant to miss often, same logic also explains enemy sniper shotgunners

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

All of your issues stem from caring too much about loot. Care less about loot, and just enjoy playing the game.

I mostly just play Challenging with multiple directives. I get a Watch level every one to two activities - and since I play Challenging I roll through things quickly. I also have Alts for holding loot, so they also multiply my SHD rewards. If I want to farm for a specific piece, I'll play Heroic or Countdown [depends what mission/area is targeted loot].

The only gripe of yours I agree with, is our Grenades are underpowered.

Enemy spam is easily countered by changing cover more frequently and paying attention [most queue their launch, which you can interrupt], as well as just having some Explosive Resistance. You can also shoot them out of the air.

I think the game is as balanced as it's ever been, so I'm convinced large, abnormal damage spikes are just server lag. Legendary is supposed to be over the top, that's the whole point - if you're playing it for better loot, you're just bad at understanding choice management, unless you're capable of speed running it. Countdown or Heroic will yield better long term results, simply because of better drop/hr rates.

• Oatiecrumble
    607 posts
    @oatiecrumble Thnx for the reply however, you clearly dont understand what im saying.

Have a nice day!

👉 🤥 👈

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@xcel30 I always wondered why they weren't even more deliberate in their faction builds. Make them the same builds available to us - so each archtype and rank was a specific loadout - then scale the rolls on their gear with difficulty, like our loot drops. Ratchet up WH in the background, as well as their ability modifiers [volley timing, coordinated cover fire & flanking tendencies, etc]. As much as I'm not a fan, they'd probably need additional scaling for armor/health up too.

Hyenas would get high damage, low accuracy, bad optimal range weapons - talents like Glass Cannon [AK, PP-19, etc]. Outcast would get middle tier weapons, with Status Effect [Aug, P90, etc]. True Sons would get higher tier weapons, but with some more armor focused builds [F2000, Vector]. Black Tusk would be similar to True Sons, but with better accuracy and some Crit.

• Noxious81
    901 posts
    (...) Good advice but the problem with that is, i wont get better loot that way. And again, i play missions on heroic, its the legendaries that give me headaches lol.

Hm. Yeah then I am afraid the bad news is: legendary difficulty is meant to give us a headache in some way 😉 . We also only play legendary missions when we're in the mood for what will happen during a legendary mission. If not – we also rather choose other content.

Anyway – I don't know how well connected you are, but I personally enjoy legendary missions much more when we're in a team of four, communicating, setting up matching and synergizing builds. In comparison to just hoping to find a good and/or fun team via matchmaking (for example: since I despise using several glitches known throughout the legendary strongholds or using only the notorious AFK-drone/turret-skill-build I often run into agents with which I personally can't have fun).

(...) I know what you mean, do it all the time. Now trying doing that on legendary when youre being bombarded with drones. (...)

True. You have to be pretty quick. And your aim needs to be good. It's nonetheless still possible – but it's of course way harder than blowing up challenging or heroic drones. Well, sometimes throwing a foam grenade is a good "workaround". Or just having a good CC 😉

(...) I truly did not know that. The only problem i have with legendary is that on some maps like the capitol especially the first part there is almost no cover and they just rush you. (...)

Oh yes – key to successfully surviving this area in front of the Capitol (the legit way, without cheesing/exploiting) indeed is knowing when to advance to what positions. If you push too far too early they will flank and wipe you, if you hesitate too much, they will push towards your position or just cover you in grenades.

(...) So there are players that are involved and players who are not? I dont get that. (...)

Sorry, maybe I didn't put that the correct way. What I want to say is that there are a lot of players who don't even bother to read what a Brand or Gear Set does. They don't take the time to find out whether it's a good idea to equip six pieces of one Gear Set or not (although the description tells them). They don't care about talents of weapons or backpacks or vests, although that's one of the easiest ways to make a build actually viable. I've come across many many many wild "builds" while matchmaking for heroic or legendary content or even the discovery raids. People start optimizing crappy stats on crappy gear and then complain about Optimization being too expensive. People equip exotic items just because they are rare – without knowing what they actually do. Those are the players who I'd say don't get involved into how the game works. They are just not interested in such things... And sadly they often nonetheless are the exact same people who demand to make the game easier.

Its not that i havent played the raid, its just difficult to put a team together and with players who know what they are doing and are capable and willing to explain it to others. Lets not pretend that the raid mechanics are cut and clear. Did you know what to do on the first run? if you did good for you but that doesnt go for everybody. Maybe my mind is slower than yours lol. I feel that if one puts out a game mode with such complex mechanics it should be explained. But from what i understand is that its made for the elite players. Think i missed that memo.

Nah, it's not about minds being fast or not. But yes – raid mechanics are much more complicated than anything else in the game. That by the way also is something that's pretty usual throughout the gaming universe in general. Raids always are... special.

And when the raids first dropped of course nobody knew how to actually beat them. Which why it was a huge fun for the most dedicated raiders to find out how the mechanics work for the very first time. But the community quickly learned how to play the raids and it also passed the required knowledge on to anyone else interested in becoming a part of the raiding community. There are a lot of great videos on mechanics, bosses, builds etc. for both raids, making it possible for every agent to get well prepared for taking part in a raid. Most clans also guide new agents through the raids and teach them everything you need to know. That's at least what we do – which is why the raids for me are one of the (potentially) socially most involving activities in The Division 2.

• grantsheppard
    Original poster 26 posts

@n3mb0t Not sure what you are getting at here. Care to explain?

• grantsheppard
    Original poster 26 posts

@noxious81 Thank you for taking the time ro reply, appreciate it! It was a cool read. 🕶

• grantsheppard
    Original poster 26 posts

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it.

Have a nice day!

• SuspiciousPixel
    261 posts

@grantsheppard so you just want the game to be made easier so you can have a relaxing experience?

• grantsheppard
    Original poster 26 posts

@suspiciouspixel If i want the game to be easy ill just lower the difficulty! Like i said, i was wondering about the reasoning about some of the decisions made. I see a lot of things in the game and wonder, why? Thought i'd setup a post and ask. Did i mention i play on Heroic and try Legendary? Im sure i did cause i wrote it. Even if i wanted the game to be easy, whats wrong with that? Now, is there anything else?

Have a nice day! 🕶

• SuspiciousPixel
    261 posts

@grantsheppard

I love a challenge but Legendary needs to be toned down

Have a nice day

Suggested Topics