ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• a_nikko
    Original poster 28 posts

We decided to finish Iron horse on the next day just to see that the checkpoint was not available anymore. The same thing happen with Dark Hour.
    Then we test it. We finished the first boss in Iron Horse, we exit the raid. The same player created the raid, we all joined and to our surprise, there was no checkpoint available.
    So, is this a new thing ? A new change ? Or adding the bulwark and future initiative to the open world broke the raids?

Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SkifterTheBird
    2 posts

I can confirm, raids don't have checkpoints anymore. Can't train bosses and some transitions for speedruns because of that :<

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2623 posts

Hello Agents,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I'm not sure if it's a feature yet, however, I'll get this clarification from the team for you - meanwhile, while I wait for confirmation back, can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring? In case if it's not intended behavior, it'll help me greatly with reporting it!

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • entropyray
    1 posts

@ubi-mark please can you also look at the same issue on consoles. PS4/ps5. We have had it happen twice on ODH we are at razorback and come back the next day and are told to start over at boomer. We simply log off and don’t come back if that’s the case…
    thanks
    entropyray

• SuspiciousPixel
    346 posts

@ubi-mark It is a feature to stop those last boss exploiters who used it to farm raid keys and number of completions on the leaderboards. If you ask me you should have wiped their stats.

• ArthurFriend
    101 posts
    stop those last boss exploiters who used it to farm raid keys and number of completions on the leaderboards. If you ask me you should have wiped their stats.

I suspect that's why people noticed it in the first place.

• a_nikko
    Original poster 28 posts

@arthurfriend your suspicion is wrong (at least in this case). We have new members that want to play the raid..they do not know how and that is taking a long time...and depending also of the start hour...the game can be postponeted. And since there is nothing in the official patch notes..must be a bug. And if it is a new thing ...well..let us know about it so that we can change the game style.

• Woodverine
    5 posts

@ubi-mark Same here, we tested with all clan members, once you leave the raid no one is able to go back to the checkpoint. When you interact with the NPC it gives you option to travel to the checkpoint, but when you accept it game teleports you to the first entrance. We noticed that when we go back to raid to resume it, the first gate is closed since the TU15, so it seems like it resets the raid everytime you return.

• StraszaX
    1 posts

I really hope this is not a new feature. Our clan has been learning Iron Horse and it can drag on for hours learning the mechanics especially for players who are new to raiding and for many of us it's our first time trying to attempt this as a clan/friends. We finally have the first three bosses down and by the time we reach the fourth the fatigue and moods set in making learning the mechanics for the fourth boss rough and unachievable at this point. I think removing the check points may be going in the wrong direction if you take into consideration how other many popular games have raid check points to help with clan and guild progression.

• mikteq
    3 posts

@suspiciouspixel If so, this is a very bad and lazy fix for an irrelevant problem that causes actual problems for legit players. If farming boss keys and an inflated number of completions somehow bothers Massive after all this time and all other issues they should sort out first, they should make it so the key doesn't drop and the completion number doesn't increase unless a person actually completes the full raid which shouldn't be hard with all the data they track and log.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3097 posts

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay getting back to you, we raised this with our game team, and they were unable to confirm if this is working as intended, without being able to view a video clip.

Is someone who has reached this part of the game able to upload a video of this particular raid, clearly showing the lack of checkpoints, as we will not be able to investigate further without a video, my apologies.

Official Response
  • Imagine_Brata
    623 posts

@Ubi-Milky

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay getting back to you, we raised this with our game team, and they were unable to confirm if this is working as intended, without being able to view a video clip.
    Is someone who has reached this part of the game able to upload a video of this particular raid, clearly showing the lack of checkpoints, as we will not be able to investigate further without a video, my apologies.

there's no need for a video, it's just for the developer team's programmers to look at the source code, then they'll see if checkpoint are disabled or not.

• SuspiciousPixel
    346 posts

@Imagine_Brata It's a bug btw but before they add it back they should fix people who abuse the last boss checkpoint to come top on the raid completion leaderboards

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 914 posts

Hey folks! This issue should be resolved in TU 15.4. If you're still unable to use checkpoints during raids, please let me know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics