ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• San1tater
    Original poster 36 posts

The nerf it side (N)
    The keep on side (K)
    The sides are not related to specific person, but based on the views.

N: It's harmful to the gear diversity, as it's easy to gain and super destructive.
    K: The game had lost the gear diversity since tu8./ Is your so-called diversity 222?/ Buff previous gears instead./ The game is ending, no need of it./ No-fun police.

N: It's unfair in pvp scences, since acs12 could fulfill the stacks (to get high damage and armor) in a extremely short time/ decoy could help fulfill the stacks/ 100 pulse residence not work on headshooted situation.
    K: Just nerf acs12 or turn it's ammo type to slug (nerf the stack tool), instead of the heartbreaker./ Adjust the stats of heartbreaker in pvp, not the pve. / We don't like darkzone./ Pvp players are just a small group compared to the whole player group, you shouldn't call on something might harm the joy of pve players./ There's no fairness in this game.

N: It's also too op in pve scences, which make the missions less challengeable (then less joyful)./ You are trying to make the legendary a easy mode./ It is a cover-to-cover game, thus run'n gun is not the right playstyle.
    K: I love run'n gun play style, only this gearset could make it, thus don't nerf it./ It's not as op as those gears in the division 1 and tu7, so it's not op at all./ You are the one who loves suffering (dies frequently), but we (most of the players) aren't./ You should be fair to the AI (who are bullet sponges and strong in damage causing) and the agents (who are weak, limited compared to those in td1)./ Pve needs gears as strong as possible.

Those above are the thing I've seen in relevant threads during these days.
    Significantly,
    the comparision with td1 and this game before tu8,
    the distinction and prejudice between pvp and pve players,
    and different play styles which related to different defination of the "fun"
    contributed to the conflict in this forum.

I suggest everyone focus on the points, on the gears, instead of being aggressive to dissenters. I don't want to see the words such like "without brain", "crying babies" from both side anymore, as they're really useless in the gear-related discussion.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    983 posts

It's a repetition to classified striker from the first game when as far as i am aware, not releasing classified sets that are meant to be ultra end game items, same issues of people being able to huge tanks and have huge DPS, once again we have broken interaction with an automatic shotgun (and i swear to god stop trying to ruin the ACS-12 by making it stupid slug shotgun i hate this [censored] meme), it's once again broken in PVP because of bugs or unintended interactions (still get stacks from people with 100% pulse resistance and by shooting decoys).

Personal opinion is that is an OP gear set that lets people stack too much damage and armor at the same time, with problematic interactions with other game aspects that let it be extra busted so it's causing chaos in PVP since it has no counter and of course mixed reaction in PVE by making game modes that are made to be an real challange a cake walk. But this is a easy to acquire and build gear set and it's not locked behind the idea of events or being a true end game gear to rule them all like classified was meant to be originally

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@xcel30 it's not a meme, I've been asking for a Slug Shotgun since release - though normally the BOSG-12 😊

I swear, at times it felt like I was the only person in the world regularly running the ACS-12 before the launch of Heart Breaker. Now everyone wants it nerfed, and I'd rather than not happen.

Giving me the slug shotgun I've wanted [turning the ACS-12 into a DtA version of the semi-auto MMR], solves the HB gripe, while not actually nerfing my favorite gun.

Anyway, the whole HB fight is simply people who want to Power Fantasy Heroic/Legendary vs people who want a challenge at Heroic/Legendary and just lower difficulty when they want a Power Fantasy. In reality, it's just Loot Lusters wanting easier ways to farm higher difficulty. The old Devs were anti-Power Fantasy at top difficulty, now we'll see which team Yannick is on, since those voices have left the game.

• Noxious81
    1261 posts
    (...) Anyway, the whole HB fight is simply people who want to Power Fantasy Heroic/Legendary vs people who want a challenge at Heroic/Legendary and just lower difficulty when they want a Power Fantasy. (...) The old Devs were anti-Power Fantasy at top difficulty, now we'll see which team Yannick is on, since those voices have left the game.

I am really afraid that this is true (especially concerning Yannick and the current devs in charge).

We don't need to discuss whether HB is overpowered. Pure numbers proof that is overpowered (see comparison to 4pcs Striker or full red build with GC and Vigilance).

The only important question is whether the devs rather want to cater to the power fantasy folks by making up for their lack of skill (and refusal to play the difficulty levels which were originally meant to deliver the power fantasy feeling) with overpowered gear – or if they still want to have a meaningful balance and progression in the game by maintaining/adding/again creating actually challenging content for all the players seeking exactly this.

• xcel30
    983 posts

@latenitedelight Changing it to a slug gun would be a very drastic nerf for me, it would kill the entire point of making it a full auto buckshot shotgun. It would be easier tomake another exotic shotgun with a slug than completely breaking the ACS-12

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@xcel30 I guess we'll see which one of us Yannick likes more 😁

As I said, happy to just have a new one - whether the BOSG-12, a new Exotic, or even the SASG-12.. I just don't want the ACS-12 nerfed [and it going slug is a buff for me].. you must use it for Striker's?

• ArthurFriend
    178 posts
    We don't need to discuss whether HB is overpowered. Pure numbers proof that is overpowered (see comparison to 4pcs Striker or full red build with GC and Vigilance).

I did the math on this an its hilarious. There's no need for striker anymore, it just can't compete. Neither can hunter's fury. Or any highend DPS buidl. Or foundry bulwark. Heartbreaker needs to be nerfed. Period.

• xcel30
    983 posts

@latenitedelight I use it with Striker and HF, i just like the shotgun as a shotgun for a long time in this game, it's not purely on build meta basis

• Aced_100
    299 posts

I just did Bank HQ with Heartbreaker build and then again with True Patriot, both on Heroic difficulty with the same directives, same weapons, was just as quick with True Patriot.

• F.i.x.e.r
    133 posts

Simple, just add a directive modifier that targets the HB for the elites so they can knock themselves out and leave the set alone so that the fun loving players can have fun for a change.

• blueray789
    20 posts

Its not overpowered. Strikers has always been trash even after its buff. No one uses it except in one extreme use case. Anyone using strikers even before HB was released, except in that use case, either doesn't have a clue or is "roleplaying" a playstyle.

1. HF is superior to HB in solo open world
    2. In the raids, in almost every situation, there is a better build.

HB is a decent build if your low shd vs. you using a rainbow build and/or non optimised gear.

The old Devs were anti-Power Fantasy at top difficulty, now we'll see which team Yannick is on, since those voices have left the game.

WONY at launch was simply unplayable due to the extreme difficulty which was by design. Millions bought and tried it, but only a fraction stayed more than a month.

Suggested Topics