ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Agent_Ares
    Original poster 164 posts

While the higher difficulty is welcome - it doesn't really solve the issue - of lack of enemies.
    Even with little effort, I am just decimating enemy forces on Geurillia's difficulty. I have "fewer gadgets" but I never really used many gadgets, to begin with because the environment really doesn't take advantage of it.

Basicaly Geurillia mode reduces items that don't need to be used and makes no meanginful change in gameplay.

Instead of Reducing Gadgets - you should have increased number of enemies and how they spawn based on alert level.

Adding something similar to GTA V Alert Meter where they "Hunt" you down when there is an alarm and you have to run away. MGS Phantom pain is a game that did balance right - there may not be infinite spawns but when you do get alerted you do have a lot more pressure placed on you.

By having a "threat" index system and heat map would have gone a long way to making this game the best FC in the series.

The Second Major Issue ( though only hurts immersion )
    Lack of open-world oppression.

With the exceptions of missions - Open World areas - people in villages look too happy. There is no sense of real desperation to add to the atmosphere.

For example people in allys knocked out on drugs.
    A random person jumping off the cliff.

Raids in villages - where you see troops coming in and just slaughtering ( Which could be an open event style mission )

That "Impact" of why you are fighting to drive doesn't really exist.

I know there isn't much you can do now
    But I want to mention it for Next Farcry

You wasted time on terrible DLC. No really, worst DLC in Farcry history ( which is saying a lot considering FC5 Zombie DLC which was also random ) . Has no relation to the game, enemies "Poof" this should have been one of those random arcade mini games not actual DLC.

Don't balance game for consoles. FC6 suffers from the "Console" Problem where the difficulty gets gimped. Keep in mind Dark Souls is on console and that is a really hard game - you don't need to knee cap difficulty. If they can handle Dark Souls-style games on consoles they can handle more enemies on Farcry just have faith.

Don't be afraid to insult people and pull on emotional heart strings. Too many games are worried about offending people. The world is an offensive place. Fallout 2 had one of the best atmospheres ever made because it lets you do things that made a lot of people uncomfortable, but it also gave you options to do the opposite.

Unexpected Interactions is Key.
    This wasn't used at all - but would have added a ton of atmopshere. Early game you meet a mmother and daughter when falling into their house. The Mother could have stabbed you when you tried to get near. After all they think you are a terrorist and robber and want nothing to do with you. So all you had to do is just walk around and avoid them. These small little things add a ton of value into the world.

With that said, I really Hope FC7 doesn't just make the franchise worse. Yes ton of action makes the game great, but the tools should feel meaningful. Add Destructible walls - a Reinforcement system - hard choices - and emotionally wretch out the players heart.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rickidoo2010
    148 posts

I hear what you are saying but your experience with the number and difficulty of enemies under "Guerilla Mode" is not the same as mine... and that could be for a valid reason. UBIsoft went out of their way in the early part of this game to tell the player (via Juan) that the more aggressive you are as a player, the more difficult the enemies get.

But it didn't actually work that way much at least... until the Title 5 update. Now as I play through again... probably the 4th or 5th time the difficult is definitely ramped up significantly... and I might add... most enjoyably.

And if it is now as Ubi has said it was... the more aggressive the player the more difficult the enemy, then more data (a *lot* of examples - players ) are needed before any conclusions on how much Guerilla Mode did or did not increase the difficulty can be made.

So not saying you are right or wrong, am saying two players reporting different results is entirely plausable.

• Agent_Ares

@rickidoo2010

This game was designed with a console handicap in mind. Even on Geurillia difficulty enemies die in 1 shot ( which is fine ) the problem is quantity not quality.
    I never really used grenades ( first play through I didn't even know how to change them so I forgot they existed ) anyway to begin with the handicap was meaningless in terms of difficulty.

A really good level of difficulty would be something like GTA Cayo Preico Heist

Where there is a good quantity of enemies patrolling around and if you screw up and alert the base you really start feeling the pain.

• GameGuru2018
    310 posts

You wasted time on terrible DLC. No really, worst DLC in Farcry history ( which is saying a lot considering FC5 Zombie DLC which was also random ) . Has no relation to the game, enemies "Poof" this should have been one of those random arcade mini games not actual DLC.

No accounting for taste.

But..........I think it would be better, next time, to develop DLC related to the game, story or setting.
    Let's remember what a wonderful DLC "The Witcher 3" had - "Hearts of stone" and "Blood and wine".

In Far Cry 7 it can be continuation of the story, branch of the story, prequel.
    Or it can be - alien invasion, epidemic or some crisis and mayhem, zombie, nazis........but it should be tied to the story and characters.

It depends on setting!

(For example, let's take Antarctic.
    It is the setting where nazis can be implied.

"Hitler escaped to Antarctic" is very common statement.
    The most high-ranking officials and the military do not deny that possibility. Especially those who have access to Documents.
    This topic is constantly hanging in the air.

As for me, I think he commited siucide, but every year new documents resurface.

It doesn't matter. Whatever it was - good for the game!
    Interesting story, old and new characters.....and DLC is ready.

WHO KNOWS?!

There is a demand for such a story.

+ good shooter, DLC will go with a bang.

It can be something like addition to the story + standalone game.
    You can enjoy DLC just without playing main Far Cry.

Using the natural landscapes on the ground and huge cavities under the ground.....

Real holiday for imagination and developers' creativity!

It was only Antarctic. But every setting opens its own opportunities for a good DLC. Every!)

• Agent_Ares

@gameguru2018

If it were me - I would have made the DLC about Castillos "Benefactors" - he didn't create the drug without outside support - cause the country was in ruins from the previous reovlution and he had to rebuild it. They would have been dirt poor and without any infastructure - which means there had to be people to give him dark money to setup his regime.

Now they want their pound of flesh - the expansion could have been focused on not on revolution but now all factions uniting under libertard to fight the shadowy group that kept the island in constant state of war for their own profit.

Suggested Topics