ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Mr-Propre
    Original poster 3 posts

While I'm maxed out at lv20, some people went to lv30 even without finish all expertises !
    That's a huge disadvantage in PVP !

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Noxious81
    1174 posts

This is not only a huge disadvantage in PvP – it overall simply is totally not working as intended. We do not only need an official statement on this huge bug, we also need TU 15.1 to include a hotfix to this.

This is already causing a lot of confusion and frustration among the players.

And the longer the team waits to get this fixed, the bigger the frustration will become. Especially if either the people with too high Expertise Levels and Grades will see their unintended and thus incorrect progress removed or if the people having donated a lot will be denied the higher Expertise Ranks forever (in case the current situation would be declared the intended situation).

• echolecter
    351 posts

@noxious81 As I already mentioned somewhere else this is probably working as intended. I just can't believe that nobody knew how the outcome would be using the different methods to level up. Myself am not actively increasing items and let the system go along as I play. I can understand that many people who thought that simply donating works. I also think it isn't what Massive wanted players to do. It is the same with loot, you want good loot play heroic or higher, nothing comes easy of which I still think is ridiculous. That same logic can now be applied to expertise. Those that agree that loot should or must be tied to difficulty, I'd say expertise is tied to playing not buying and donating.

• MoscowLEX
    2 posts

@echolecter
    You are talking nonsense. It was conceived that level 20 should be the maximum, but in fact it can be raised higher.

• MoscowLEX
    2 posts
    @mr-propre I support, even in the list of countries of the world this is not, the developers hide it?

• Noxious81
    1174 posts
    (...) this is probably working as intended. (...)

I personally doubt that, as the Intelligence Annex and any other official information published prior to TU15 indicate otherwise. Here all three ways of gaining Proficiency Ranks (donating material, donating items, kill-XP) are presented and explained as equivalent options.

Additionally, during PTS we at some point got the information that Expertise Level 21 or 23 (I can't remember precisely what level it was, but it for sure wasn't 15 or higher) would be the maximum Expertise Level achievable with the current gear and skills in the game (including TU15's newcomers).

So for me everything leads to the conclusion that seemingly getting more than 10 points towards your Expertise Level upon reaching Proficiency Rank 10 with an item via just playing is not working as intended.

• echolecter
    351 posts

@noxious81 Well if it isn't working as intended they must be really dumb and don't have a clue what they were doing in the first place. So they simply start coding and see where it ends ... doesn't fly for me at all. I mean how difficult is it to calculate, an X amount of item proficiency levels = Y expertise level. This isn't rocket science and I really can't see where a level deviation would come from, 1 + 1 = 2, and not 2.31 or whatever.

@MoscowLEX At Massive they do have rather peculiar ways of implementing the most basic game play features. And they can make some radical decisions first time, and when getting to much complaints they make a U-turn. Afterwards still saying it was all well, clueless ...

Suggested Topics