ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TxDieselKid
    Original poster 406 posts

Joker (the Divison mod on reddit) posted a very detailed set of questions for TU15 feedback, so I thought I would post here as well for discussion.

Seasons
    Great improvements were made here. The use of the older mission areas was a step in the right direction for sure. I think that this could be expanded upon and use other areas of the game that we don’t run, like the old story side missions also. Many of those area’s are only used for bounties, and not utilized as much as they could be. Overall a HUGE shift in the right direction, and the cut scenes are EXACTLY the way the series needs to move.

On that topic, I would LOVE to see these targets take over the Classified mission areas. This could be done, while still not “giving away” the Classified missions sold in the Ultimate bundle. Finally, I would greatly enjoy seeing the final seasonal manhunt takeover one of the larger assets like the Airport (Dark Hours map), or Power Plant (Countdown), or the Forge (Iron Horse map). These missions would need to be scalable areas for player count to be able to run solo, or in a group of 4. Perhaps a different route/map location could be used for these since there will be smaller player counts. Giving the ability for people to get in to these maps that refuse to try the raids would be great way to reuse those assets.

The apparel events are great, just feel like they are a little “lite” on apparel and do not offer enough options. I have ALWAYS apricated the outfits you dress the rogues in, and think you should award those based on completing on heroic difficulty. Currently only the loot is better, and there’s no “badge of honor” for doing it on the hardest difficulty.

GE’s in Div1 were fun because they generally made the agent more OP. That was the pull to them, and why Golden Bullet has been so successful and well received. I think there needs to be a hard look at Hollywood, and Reanimated to adjust the concept around them to be more appealing.

Countdown
    Countdown overall is the best thing you could have added to the game. The loot generosity is exactly what keeps people interested even at high SHD level (I’m SHD level 5,600+) without factoring in the proficiency grind. This has a great feel of Underground from Div1 which was my favorite mode in Div1, and I feel like this is what we should have got instead of Summit.   

Some updates would be to move the Countermeasures to be random, and not static locations each time. So maybe 3 different spots for each one, allowing more variety in the path you take. Currently it’s ALWAYS the same depending upon where you spawn. Along with that would be having at least 2 additional spawn points to again break up the cycle a bit. The 3 extraction points are very well done, and make it a fight every time. As for objectives, it’s great to have different things to do each time, and would love to see that evolve to having more added in to the current Countdown to make each run more unique.

Also, having some random distractions as your run from place to place will help break up the overall, “all this running” feeling people get. These would also need to be random, so as to shake things up. Maybe it’s a wave of add’s, maybe it’s 4-6 DZ turrets, maybe it’s rogue agents, maybe it’s additional hunters. Something to break up the running and again offer a more unique experience every run.

I do think a 4 person, abbreviated version should be added, and scaled down appropriately. While it’s easy to get a group of 8 currently, popularity will simmer down, and make it harder and harder to get a group of 8. I strongly think that the map size for 4 would NOT be a problem. You could skew the objectives to be in the smaller rooms on the map, but again, each run needs to feel unique.

Again, I think there is some GREAT potential to reverse engineer this game mode to the maps for Dark Hours, and Iron Horse. The object here could be to start each time on opposite sides of the maps, and work towards getting to the middle to extract. I do think there would need to be slight updates to allow the team to meet up and gather before facing the final encounter. Finally, Kenley College is a great place to also have Countdown take over.

Expertise
    I’m at Expertise level 7, and feel it is a bit too much of a grind. I have also just been donating all junk even though I knew it was bugged (meaning it should be higher). I was not wanting an additional grind of this nature added to the game at this time, but rather additional content (like Countdown and additional new story missions) to play with my current builds/new gear.

At this point in my gameplay, I have tried out every gearset and build a dozen times over, and this grind is painful to have to do on gearsets and gear that I do not enjoy using (True Patriot, Ongoing Directive, Marksmen Rifle’s, etc). The grind to take each piece up in Expertise level is therefore currently too steep as a direct result.

If you were to start the game from the beginning and start fresh, you now have far too many things to grind. Thusly, I think selling a “loaded” watch that gets you to 1K for $5-$10 is the right move here. Boosted characters are no longer enough of a “catch up” mechanic. I still think that level 30-40 NYC run is a good thing to make people go though but offer an option that gets new accounts only to 1K watch points for people to fully catch up is acceptable at this point, especially when you consider the repercussions this can have on PvP. 

General Game
    I think continuing to add more Countdown maps and variations is the biggest steps that could be made, along with progressing the story more. Having maps that can spawn things at different locations each run to shake things up is the best thing to do to keep things fresh. I will never expect a fully random/procedurally generated content in The Division, but having multiple spawn points for things is the closest way to make that happen. There is for sure some of this that happens in Summit, and I would LOVE to see Summit re-worked some and polished up to be a more enjoyable experience. 

Utilizing the large scale maps of the raids, Countdown, and Kenley for an updated and modernized version of Resistance is the next thing that needs to be added to the game. Another option for this perhaps could be made from 5 random floors of the Summit since it has a unique ability to be random and different. Again, trying to make each run a fresh experience than the last. 

As for power creep, I do not think (on console at least) that any thing is to worry about. Although we are not yet at +20% that you can reach with the new Expertise leveling. Maybe at that point we (again, on console) will be able to do Legendary with something other than a drone and a turret. 

QOL Changes? …there’s a ton of suggestion I have for that but I’ll stick with one of my biggest ones. Allow us more loadouts (not asking for stash space here), and the ability to move them in the order they are in. With the ability to “send to stash” and pull them back out, I would love to be able to have 30 or so. This would allow me to see items that I use for certain builds without the risk of accidently deleting and having everything marked as favorite. 

An example of this is I have 3 builds I use specifically and only for the last 3 bosses of Iron Horse with my group, aside from a regular DPS build at the start. Each one is VERY different, and like nothing else I run any other time in the game. It would be nice to still have that loadout saved without having to carry the pieces on me until it’s time to run that raid, or forgetting which skills/guns/mods I need.  

(Prior to TU15) I used a Hunters Furry build for the first part of Dark Hours on the tarmac. Against Boomer I usually run a CHC/CHD with Unbreakable to kite. For Weazel I run an all red FI team support build. For Buddy/Lucy I run an an all yellow FI team support build that is skill damage based (we use the oxi method). Finally, for Razorback I use a 3pc W&H/Hollowman all red build. That’s 4 builds for DH alone. Is all that necessary? No, but this game about exploring different builds, and tinkering with things in that exact nature.  

So now that’s 8 builds between the 2 raids. Add in 4 for PvP/Conflict (basic crit, haz pro crit, shotty, HF), and 2 different skill builds (drone/turret, and mortar) and I’m full. So now with Countdown and Heartbreaker (bigger picture is “any new gear/game mode added to the game”) I’m having to save over loadouts that are super one-off’s and hard to remember when not being used in a few weeks. I understand you can’t let us have 100 loadouts, but 30 is reasonable with the different options and things there are to do in the game at his point.

As for the final bullet, what keeps me playing, I can say that for my group it’s the content. We need fresh things to do, like Countdown. New gear is good, but I haven’t seen people return to the game (again, speaking to the people I play with) as much as they have for the new game mode. New gear keeps people like me with 3K+ hours in the game playing, but my buddy’s who lost interest with the lack of content have come back for Countdown and are really digging it. 

Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker is a fantastic addition. I feel that it is the update that Striker should have got in February.  Without stepping foot in the DZ/Conflict since it dropped (too busy enjoying Countdown with my friends that came back to the game) I do think some tuning needs to be done with how it works in PvP. Specifically cutting the stack to .5% instead of 1%, and the bag should make the bonus armor .75% and not double. A bigger emphasis needs to be how stuff effects PvP and balancing the 2, as opposed to allowing it to work in PvP without there being a difference. I understand wanting to keep everything as seamless between PvE/PvP, but that’s simply not possible, and more steps need to be taken to build a better balance in PvP as new stuff comes out once we see how it works in the PTS. 

I think the trick to getting other gear sets more interesting (in PvE) is to bring them up to the level of doing what they are supposed to do, but on Heartbreakers level and NOT nerfing the PvE aspects of Heartbreaker. Everyone is using it right now because it’s the new toy, and a LOT of fun. The question is how do you make other gear sets that fun and interesting to play? You make them better at what they do.  True Patriot needs a buff of 2-4% for each of it’s abilities. OD needs the ammo to be stronger. System Corruption was rendered useless after Hunters Furry and needs an appropriate damage buff to be able to compete with it and HB.

I'll cut it there because I've written enough and would rather play than continue to type. 😉

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    640 posts

@txdieselkid
    yeah, I agree with your proposal making use of the classified missions, Kenly and the Raid maps (and Conflict maps and Countdown map and DZ maps) for expansion of the PvE base game but not for manhunt only, because manhunt is 1-2 hours gameplay only.

Suggested Topics