ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Traumahawk
    Original poster 78 posts

We only have 3 legendary missions, and they said they are not going to make anymore for us.

Week in, week out I see people whinging about how hard legendary difficulty is, and I see people making demands of Massive to make these missions easier for them to do. It's pretty selfish to demand they make the hardest difficulty in the game easier for you because you're unable to roll with the punches.

You literally have 95% of the game's content catering to you. Enjoy that, and stop trying to ruin our fun because you're incapable of completing the content. We already have to deal with people who have no interest in being a better player, but joined the group to get the weekly exotic. There are so few people actually trying to play this difficulty that we have to take what we can get.

Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• CadmeanOutcomes
    1 posts

@traumahawk Thank you for this post. I think the difficulty is perfect where it is. I have a few builds that can handle legendary. I wouldn't want things any easier.

• grantsheppard
    26 posts

@traumahawk I understand why you ask that question. Stop being a bully! If you want more players to play legendary missions with like you claim you do, maybe start encouraging instead of criticizing them. Show them how to become just as good as you are.

Have a nice day! 🕶

• Traumahawk
    Original poster 78 posts

@grantsheppard Only criticising the players who do not want to get better and want to be carried through the legendary mission. If you felt the need to reply the way you did, it might be because this is you. If this is not you, then I don't know why you felt the need to reply. If you are trying to become a better player, and carry your water in a legendary mission, then this post is not about you. I am free to criticize lazy players.

• Imagine_Brata
    516 posts
    Show them how to become just as good as you are.

Training and patience and testing different builds is the most important thing if you want to succeed at Legendary.
    (Most people do not have patience)
    It took me 4 hours of constant trying on the outer part of the Capitol building, to do it with the huntersfury / shotgun solo.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    426 posts

@imagine_brata
    respect 😊

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

Yannick didn't say we're never getting more Legendary content, just that the current team doesn't have the necessary experience yet.

It seems the White Tusk AI needs some handholding, so they need to learn how to set spawns and mixes to dial in the difficulty level where they desire it to land.

But ++ to ignoring the loot lusters who don't care about the challenge, and just want "the best loot drops". Even though it ignores how RNG works here and they're better off speed running Heroic or Countdown if they took a second to think.

• ArthurFriend
    82 posts
    @traumahawk I understand why you ask that question. Stop being a bully! If you want more players to play legendary missions with like you claim you do, maybe start encouraging instead of criticizing them. Show them how to become just as good as you are.

That's not what the folks want the OP criticizes. These poor to mediocre players don't want to get better at tackling heavy content. They want the hardest content to be made so easy that they can master it without actually becoming skilled. Or why do you think so many newcomers are playing heartbreaker right now?

• GnarlyAtol1793
    426 posts

@imagine_brata
    the HF build was the first build I prepared when I was fresh in endgame because when I had not a clue about builds in D2 I was looking for a comparable Nomad build I was used to in Division 1 and HF looked close to me. And I liked the SMG bonus because in Division 1 I mainly play PvP and I am used to play with SMGs. But I am really impressed that you cope with legendary with this build. Should give it a try, for fun 💪😊👌

• Aryotus
    9 posts

@grantsheppard you realize that the majority of players don't want to actually learn the game. I have decades of mmorpg play and I get what he's talking about. Then there is that loud screaming, I paid and want it nerfed crowd that has no idea how to play well with others, so they believe "nerfing" is in order,....... a lot of developers cave into the "nerf it" for us minority because they are so vocal. Never let it happen, you are barking at the wrong dude. I have 2 accounts and 7 agents combined, and each agent has at least 3 loadouts. Convincing players to have more than 1 loadout and more than 1 agent can be a challenge, but I'm up for it. 😁👍😎

• Aced_100
    176 posts

I think they should make another level, call it Ludicrous level, with Zebra Tusk, twice as many per mission, that do twice the damage and have twice the armor than the White Tusk. Super Mini Tanks that fire seeker tactical nukes that destroy everything and everyone in a 20 metre radius. And once you die, you die, no reviving, your whole group has to start the mission again.

Then the Cylons will know how us mere mortal players feel trying to do the current Legendary. 😳

• Aryotus
    9 posts

@traumahawk Truely you are correct. Those players that "get it" play hard and like that Legendary challenge as I and our clan does. I answer the calls for backup quite regularly, and look for those open moments to instruct those players that are willing to learn, there a lot of new Xbox owners thus new Division 2 players, and still in 2022 are unwilling to use voice chat, it takes patience. FPS with an RPG entwined is awesome, it's understandable that people don't really know what to expect. I for one am here to help as well as having questions of my own about new content that creates bugginess and disconnects. Always happens with new content and that is more important than "nerfing".

• Noxious81
    901 posts
    I think they should make another level, call it Ludicrous level, (...)

And as soon as some very experienced players would start to regularly complete this difficulty and get the rewards and kudos for this, the same players whining about Legendary difficulty right now would do the exact same thing for this new difficulty.

What you are describing is also what Legendary difficulty (and Heroic difficulty back in the days when it was only available for Invaded Missions) felt like even for veterans the very first time. It was a major (!) pain in the a** when it launched. But the 1% top players, for whom this difficulty was designed for, eventually were able to beat it. Then the whining started. Because of the good loot. The Bighorn. The apparel. People felt entitled to get the rewards without being skilled enough to complete the quest. So the devs – sadly – had to give in, made Legendary difficulty easier and added OP gear (Empress, skill builds, Scorpio, Memento) to make it accessible even for beginners. And still the whining continues. And that's basically what the OP pointed out... I just hope the devs don't give in once more – because especially with more overpowered gear and Expertise at our hands we are in dire need of some actually challenging content!

• chacachaca88
    49 posts

So when will these get nerfed?

The beauty of an OPEN Forum where people can come and speak their minds, give suggestions, discuss all things Division 2, is they can ask for Legendary missions to be Nerfed all they want. So long as they are respectful and do it in such a manner that is within the community guidelines, who can say they can't, shouldn't or other?! Like OP posting to "Please Stop". That is not for you to decide and if the developers feel like the community as a whole ask for it, then so be it. You either accept it or move on. How many times have we had to live through the Eagle Bearer nerf, overall damage nerfs, Rainbow loot was going to be fixed until content creators had that ended. Then they introduced Legendary missions and it totally screwed the rolls on Heroic missions. Because Heroic can't have the highes rolls if there is Legendary missions. For those players who don't play Legendary, the best rolls will come from Heroic missions. So that is a bit screwed up, wouldn't you think?

So again, this is a PUBLIC FORUM. People can ask for just about anything they want... within Community Guidelines. You have taken advantage of it and so to will others if they feel like Legendary Missions should be nerfed for Solo players.

• mattel_mona
    5 posts

@traumahawk You are right sir, legendary summit is the only thing why I still play. And then PvP is a whole different story and why i stopped the true endgame. Heroic and lower feels just like any random arcade shooter, only on legendary it makes sense to actually bring more players into the game for the purpose of gameplay and ppl not just being loot token modifiers. @Traumahawk Stay strong and keep carrying

• xcel30
    796 posts

@chacachaca88 Eh... it's a bit weird because i don't remember they nerfing heroic loot to give it to legendary, just that they gave it a new upper floor with legendary. Tho they did screw up some things and made a presentation later

• Aced_100
    176 posts
    @noxious81 Then they introduced Legendary missions and it totally screwed the rolls on Heroic missions. Because Heroic can't have the highest rolls if there is Legendary missions. For those players who don't play Legendary, the best rolls will come from Heroic missions. So that is a bit screwed up, wouldn't you think?

I found that this morning, I was doing Lincoln Memorial on Heroic with Directives for Heartbreaker, and the gear I got was dismal, nothing having even near one maxed stat.

• grantsheppard
    26 posts

@arthurfriend Why do you?

• chacachaca88
    49 posts

@xcel30 It was in a state of the game. Remember, Heroic was the highest level content at one point. Then that one dev came out with a graph(s) trying to explain that a percentage was the total and not for each attribute, etc. So they had to "rebalance" the whole gear thing and they were going to make the second attribute match the primary so if the first was red, the second was red and then the third would have a percentage, blah blah. Then there was outrage for some reason and they never told us what the agreed upon percentages were after the update. All I remember was how good the loot was before Legendary and then there was an update that nuked everything. It was probably when they gave us the second bench... i.e., let's make this a farming shooter.

After I did all of the Legendary missions, I was like "cool, that was fun". If spamming drones, grenadiers, etc is fun. But hey, I got the all white BTSU kit. I'm just not the type of person who has to do something over and over again, especially when there is ultimately nothing in it to get. My gear is maxed. Would I give it a run every now and then Solo...? Not sure, there would have to be something pretty damn good at the end. Games are typically always hard at the beginning until the meta(s) are discovered. Play anything enough and you are more than likely going to get good at it. The game has been out for 4 years now? Veteran players want new content and new players just want to get to where the vets are. Doesn't mean we all don't share the same passion. Just don't know why we all don't meet in the middle, you know?

• grantsheppard
    26 posts

@aryotus
    (You realize that the majority of players don't want to actually learn the game.) How do you know? Have you talked to each of them?

(I have decades of mmorpg play) Who cares?

(Then there is that loud screaming, I paid and want it nerfed crowd that has no idea how to play well with others.) But you do? If this is the way you talk to people i understand why they dont listen.

The entitlement on display here is disgusting! As if your gaming achievements are important, the audacity to think that that will intimidate others. You label yourself as the 1% elites and think you are above others. Its pathetic really.

Suggested Topics