ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 1675 posts

The armoury building costs 100, then 400. Is this intended? What happens?

It doesn't have a decoration spot like the other bulidings, is this intended? Does it appear later.

There's a note about the Ymir Scream tattoo design. What changed? Can I get it now? I have only just found out that it is a "thing". Looking at YouTube it seems to me that it's very, very, easy to miss. I could be wrong about that but in any case I am not alone in not having it and Svend is dead. I'll travel to Norway and see if it's lying around in the tattoo shop.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TheNorfolkian
    1275 posts

I just downloaded the update and while the announcement says that it’s 7.8GB for XBox Series X/S players, my download was only 6.48GB. I’m wondering if that’s because I don’t have the DoR expansion. Please confirm?

• SpirantCrayon22

@thenorfolkian I've queried this sort of thing for Xbox One and it seems the suggested size is a guide. Don't understand it myself. I own DoR and mine's 6.07 so assuming Series is similar I don't think it's that. Don't think you need to worry, whatever the case.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    358 posts

Where's the armory supposed to go? I had my raven look over the town and didn't see anything. Then again, I haven't played river raid more than once.

I'll just post my findings here:

• I had the Ymir Scream tattoo before (and still do), no idea what changed. Didn't get any other parts of a set or anything. That entry is not exactly helpful
    • Instead I found that I now have a duplicate Dwarven Hair (Red)
    • Also, my "Guaranteed Assassination" got reset to off, again

• TheNorfolkian
    1275 posts

@xbl_laberbacke The tent for where you build the armory is next to the River Raid Dock. I find it very annoying that you need foreign supplies instead of regular supplies and raw materials... of which I have much.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5943 posts

Hello there!

It seems like some questions that have been asked have already been provided answers. I'll do my best to provide some additional clarity here.

The Location of the Armory
    As shared by @TheNorfolkian, you can find the tent where you build the armory next to the River Raid docks.

Ymir's Scream Tattoos
    It looks like some parts of the Ymir's Scream tattoo set, such as the arms and face, were missing in-game. These have now been added into the game following the release of TU 1.5.2. I've reached out to our dedicated teams to see if we can get more information about this. Once we have more details to share, we'll let you know within the forums.

Download Size
    As advised by @SpirantCrayon22, the download size is only an estimate (as marked by the ~ symbol). I can see on the patch notes that TU 1.5.2 should have been ~7.8GB, though it may have been smaller than this upon its actual release. I can assure you that there is nothing to be concerned about in this case. Should the update size be drastically smaller / larger than the estimate, then please don't hesitate to let us know!

Duplicate Dwarven Hair
    I can see you've opened up another thread for this issue, @XBL_Laberbacke. A member of the Player Support team will be in touch as soon as they're able to.

Guaranteed Assassination Reset
    Would you be able to create a new thread regarding this issue, @XBL_Laberbacke? We can then look into this further without going off-topic within this thread.

I hope I've been able to provide some answers for the questions posed within this thread. If you have encountered any other issues following the release of TU 1.5.2, please can you create a new thread so we can look into this further? Having a separate thread for each unique issue is helpful when gathering more information, tracking the issue, and providing updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubi-borealis

thanks for this - two points

the main thing for me is whether I can get the Ymir Scream tattoo - as mentioned, I missed it or it vanished and that quest was of course almost the first one

is there supposed to be a settlement decoration spot near the armoury?

• SpirantCrayon22

@thenorfolkian well, there's new stuff at Vagn's shop so if you want that you'll have to do River Raids for the foreign cargo anyway - though I've not started that process myself

• TheNorfolkian
    1275 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Yeah, I saw that and made note of it in my ‘first impressions’ post. I do think the prices for those weapons are outrageous though... costs more than it does to fully upgrade the armory (right?).

Vagn doesn’t fight, he just takes Eivor for a ride and rips him off. He’s not a Viking... he’s a used car salesman.

• SpirantCrayon22

@thenorfolkian lol - I've done two upgrades to the armoury, 100 and 400 supplies, the third upgrade is 800 and there's a fourth, too, assuming each upgrade adds one loadout slot

• TheNorfolkian
    1275 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Oh yeah? I hadn’t gotten that far yet... Vagn still ripping us off though. That armory should totally be built using our reserve surplus of supplies and raw materials.

• Randelia
    74 posts

Regarding Armory needing Foreign Supplies to build:

I understand for players who have finished the main story and most likely have raw materials left over it is frustrating when they need to go on raids just to build the armory.

I personally am glad I don't not need raw materials .... since I am still struggling with getting enough for my regular upgrades 😄

Once you are at the point where you have raided all available monasteries and have done all the upgrades you can do with them you're stuck until further in the game when you get more raw materials through playing the story.
    Players like me would not be able to build the armory if it needed raw materials to build. Foreign Supplies I can just get from river raiding, and as much as I want without problems. I have to raid anyways to upgrade my gear.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    358 posts

@ubi-borealis Ok, "the tattoos have been added". Now, how and where does one get them? If they are rewards for missions most people are way past by now and they don't unlock retroactively, that's no fix. And I doubt they are among the designs on the floating papers.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your own thoughts and feedback.

Regarding Ymir's Scream tattoos - we have reached out to the dedicated teams to see if we can get more information on how to acquire these tattoos in-game. We don't yet have any details to share at this time. Once we have more information on how to collect the Ymir's Scream tattoo set, we'll let you know within the forums.

We've also reached out about the ability to retroactively / alternatively unlock the Ymir's Scream chest tattoo, which could be unlocked after completing "Family Matters." We will also share any updates we have about this within the forums as well, once this is available.

I've also reached out to our dedicated teams about whether there should be a settlement decoration spot by the armory, and they've confirmed that there isn't a decoration spot here. This is working as intended.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the armory, and how this building is upgraded using River Raid supplies. I've shared your thoughts with our dedicated teams so they have visibility on this.

If there are any questions here you feel have gone unanswered, or if you'd like some more clarity on an answer, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can look into this further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello again!

I apologise for the double post. I've received an update regarding the Ymir's Scream tattoo set, so I wanted to let you all know about this.

Upon further investigation, it looks like this set hasn't been added to the game as intended with the release of TU 1.5.2. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused here. It looks like, for now, the rest of the Ymir's Scream tattoo set is still currently unavailable in-game. The dedicated teams are now investigating this further.

Any future updates regarding this set will be made available within patch notes published within the News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out for these.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • XBL_Laberbacke
    358 posts

This keeps getting "better". Now there are lies in the list of bug fixes too. Just wow.

Why is there no new post in the "news" subforum yet, anyway?

• KnightBaker
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis I’m still having issues with the hairstyles duplicating at Tove (playing on PS5).

I got several classic hairstyles appearing and also the dwarven hairstyle as well.

• Ubi-Borealis

I can confirm that a fix for the Ymir's Scream tattoo set was deployed in TU 1.5.2, @XBL_Laberbacke. As mentioned in my earlier post, it looks like this wasn't applied as intended, so the team are looking into this further. I can assure you that there was no intention to lie, and I apologise for any confusion or impact that this has had.

By "new post" in the News & Announcements forum, are you referring to the TU 1.5.2 patch notes? These can be found here, in the News & Announcements forum. If you're referring to a different post, could you please clarify this for me?

Welcome to the forums, @KnightBaker! We have an ongoing thread for this issue, and I can assure you that these reports have been forwarded to the dedicated teams for further investigation. I'd recommend checking out the linked thread if you'd like more information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • XBL_Laberbacke
    358 posts

That post wasn't there when I looked earlier. I don't care that it says it was posted yesterday.

• TheNorfolkian
    1275 posts

@ubi-borealis The fact that something specifically noted in the announcement was not actually added makes sense. There are prior examples of changes that were made to the game without any notice or announcement, so it is reasonable to assume the opposite case would occur. I hope that the developer who dropped the ball in attempting to address this very minor issue without actually finishing the job works double-time to make good on this slip-up.

Suggested Topics