ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1275 posts

I just updated the game on my XBox Series X and noticed that the names for these two Ostara festival items are missing.

Please fix.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5943 posts

Hello there @TheNorfolkian!

Thanks for taking the time to share this report, and for including images that show the missing names. I've passed these along to the dedicated teams so they can take a closer look at this.

If we require any additional information from you, we'll reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Azhrei21
    122 posts

As you can see in the pics, this bow (and it's the only thing in my inventory doing this) is broken. Seems you as usual broke something with an update... I have no idea what name it is but I think I got it in that recent Festival. I know I haven't had it long. But as you can see from the pics, it's name is missing and so is the description of what it's built in "power" is (between the upgrade bars and my equipped runes). I already forgot what that bow does lol... and now i cant' tell. I tried saving the game and rebooting the ps4, idk why i thought that would help but of course it didn't. I thought it might have to do with the update and being one of the bow's equipped in my sets, but the other bows still have their names, as does my armor and w/e else... In fact, I've sure I've got everything in the game before finishing the Ireland and France DLC's, and I just checked all my armor and weapons. nothing else is screwed up.

The first pic is from my inventory, the 2nd pic is from the Blacksmith's "change appearance" tab so you can actually see the bow in question (it's like grey wood with greenish vines on it and flowers...). If you can tell, in that pic my cursor is also hovering on the blue version of the bow, and it's name is missing on the screen there as well.

• Wascaliwabbit
    46 posts

The Ostara Festival gear 'Spear of Renewal' and 'Vernal Bow' both now have missing item titles on Inventory Screen

• Azhrei21
    122 posts

Why does it say at the top there's 1 reply to this thread, when there's none? and bump... not going to bother with that anymore but 22 views and no one's acknowledged this?

• azullFR
    2233 posts

@azhrei21
    hello,
    seems that we all have this bug,
    I found this topic : https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/158026/new-1-5-2-regression-bug-spear-of-renewal-title-missing?lang=en-US
    and also @TheNorfolkian made a topic about this bug some days ago here : https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/157675/tu-1-5-2-names-missing-on-spear-of-renewal-and-vernal-bow/1?lang=en-US

on my side I made one for some other items there : https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/157743/tu-1-5-2-items-with-missing-names-and-or-description?lang=en-US

I guess there is some other items with missing or wrong names, descriptions, but at the moment I didn't found more 🙂

• TheNorfolkian

@azullfr Nice work bringing all those topics together!

@Azhrei21 As you may have seen in my topic on the same issue, an investigation has already been initiated. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    358 posts
    Why does it say at the top there's 1 reply to this thread, when there's none?

For whatever reason this weird forum counts the OP as a reply. Just one of the many, many issues.

• Azhrei21
    122 posts

@xbl_laberbacke lmao.... even their forums have issues...

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1106 posts

@wascaliwabbit Hi there! I am sorry to see that the Spear of Renewal title is missing. I have gone ahead and added this information to the investigation our teams have on going about this. I recommend checking out the News and Announcements section for further updates as we have them. Thanks!

Official Response
  • UbiSushiVamp

Hello, @Azhrei21, @XBL_Laberbacke, and @azullFR! I am sorry to see that the Vernal Bow is missing the title and description. This is something our teams have been made aware of and are investigating. I have gone ahead and forwarded the images and information to the investigation.

I recommend checking out our News and Announcements section for further updates as we have them. Thank you!

Official Response
  • Metroid_Meister
    90 posts

I believe this is the spear that you get from the Ostara Festival. I upgraded it to divine without keeping an eye on it and it upgraded to an untitled spear. I do understand that there are similar bugs like that for a couple other weapons. I can't reload a past save because it has been too far.

• azullFR
    2233 posts

@metroid_meister
    you are right, this is the spear of renewal from the just ended Ostara festival,
    @TheNorfolkian made a topic about it 👍 , here : https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/157675/tu-1-5-2-names-missing-on-spear-of-renewal-and-vernal-bow?lang=en-US

Reloading an older save won't help you with (I guess), we will have to wait another TU, maybe several ones (Aethewulf bow has a broken perk description since several TU)

• azullFR
    2233 posts

@thenorfolkian
    Just in case some people are searching for perks of theses items, I just add screenshots from TU 1.5.1 :
    Spear of Renewal :

Vernal Bow : (approximative translation ) = Refill one adrenaline slot during 5s after an headshot (additonal info like "cooldown", etc. not found) :
    🙂

• TheNorfolkian

@azullfr I’m surprised one of the mods hasn’t pooled all of these posts together into a megathread.

• azullFR
    2233 posts

@thenorfolkian
    maybe not all them have the "privileges" needed to do "topic-mergings" ?

• TheNorfolkian

@azullfr I'm not so sure... it's more likely one of them hasn't taken notice of the issue being repeatedly reported... different Ubi mods have commented on at least three different threads that I have seen so far. It seems like they're in need of one of those work-flow apps that let everyone know that a topic has been responded to for investigation.

• azullFR
    2233 posts

@thenorfolkian

they're in need of one of those work-flow apps that let everyone know that a topic has been responded to for investigation.

Good idea ! 👍

I will try to somehow replace it =
    Names missing on Ostara weapons report have been sent to the dedicated team as said by @Ubi-Borealis in the main Topic here : https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/157675/tu-1-5-2-names-missing-on-spear-of-renewal-and-vernal-bow?lang=en-US
    🙂

• orldan
    99 posts

Same issue on pc.

• UbiSushiVamp

Hey there, @azullFR and @orldan! Our teams are currently investigating this. I have added your information to the investigation! I recommend checking out our News and Announcements section for further updates as we have them!

Official Response

Suggested Topics