ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/5 Replies/97 Views
    ziiirQ
    Original poster 1 posts

I've been maining a sniper build for a long time (potentially since I jumped on the M700 Carbon bandwagon when it was strong), and what I've realised now is that there feels like a genuinely significant gulf in capability between Nemesis and I suppose the next best, a Ranger White Death. I've watched alternatives come and go - Mantis and Dread conform to entirely different playing styles other than chaining headshot damage, and I'm not here for that. Not interested in it.

Nemesis is a frustrating weapon to use. Aside from having to break from cover to use it (a death sentence in the only game modes and difficulties it really excels in), it conforms to a slow and heavy playing style that is now essentially entirely at odds with how this game fundamentally works. It's fast-paced, and you're competing with the umpteenth shotgun/SMG build out there on a series of maps where you have to deal with messy environments, ridiculous levels of head-bobbing and frankly laughable levels of blind cover fire accuracy. I don't really feel Nemesis has a place, but it hits so freaking hard there's no alternative. I can't use White Death because there aren't always going to be reds and purples to proc Headhunter, and if I get into the trap of chunking away at an elites' health, I'll just as soon see yet _another_ Heartbreaker roll up and steal the kill. This isn't even on Legendary, I don't bother sniping on there unless it's on Floor 100.

And please don't tell me I need to get good: (https://giant.gfycat.com/QuaintHappygoluckyDuckling.mp4). I'm a skilled, smart player that takes time to place their shots and routinely one-taps Hunters (either on Countdown or Legendary Summit) - this isn't a skill issue. Nemesis simply shouldn't be the only option to do this though. Something without a dumb charge time, and something that sits in between White Death and Nemesis in terms of straight numbers (that preferably doesn't sound like a gerbil fart either).

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• N3mB0t
    991 posts

@ziiirq

the mantis and the SVD catter to a completly diferent playstyle , i use the mantis or the white death on ocasion as my sniper rifles and they are enough to one shot pretty much anything until heroic or even legendary.

the nemesis only does the damage it does because it has that charge mechanic , if it didnt you could bet your bottom it would be as powerful as any other MMR.

nice shots on that extraction though.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

I love the White Death, but yeah..

And I can't stand the Nemesis..

I wish MMRs had a modifier for Helmets. Either doing HS damage to it, or passing X% of damage through the helmet to their underlying health. Nothing kills a fun run of Headshots quite like a helmeted Chunga 😞

It's why I carry an AR secondary, but also why I don't MMR nearly as often as I'd like to

• Celtic_Sniper
    1 posts
    I can't use White Death because there aren't always going to be reds and purples to proc Headhunter, and if I get into the trap of chunking away at an elites' health, I'll just as soon see yet _another_ Heartbreaker roll up and steal the kill. This isn't even on Legendary, I don't bother sniping on there unless it's on Floor 100.

I play MMR builds in Heroic all the time and I don't even use the White Death never mind the Nemesis, I just use the M700.
    For solo (Screenshot below) I use Preservation, Perfect Bloodsucker and a second Belstone.
    For group scaling I'll swap to Ranger, Perfect Vigilance and Contractors, I also switch the mask for a second Providence or W&H.

3 piece Aces and Eights with Airaldi can really push the damage numbers up as well and I roll Damage to Targets out of Cover on all my MMRs.

For Chungas I just use Headhunter, 2 headshots give me max damage so It's: pop 2 heads, hit the helmet if it doesn't crack, pop 2 more and try again.

If there are no reds/purples to proc Headhunter I use the Tac 50 which can usually one shot yellows if they're not named or wearing a helmet.

Mantis is OK with ChainKiller if you can put up with the horrible scope, the instant cool down on the decoy even makes it surprisingly good for solo Legendary.

I agree the slow pace with Nemesis is annoying, I gave up on it very quickly. I keep meaning to try it with the decoy to see if it makes a difference, I'd like to try it with Memento and maybe an additional skill tier for additional duration with Capacitor as secondary.

Would you like to share your build? It would be interesting to see what your running.

• xcel30
    835 posts

Have you tried Tip of the spear? it gives you free TAC-50 ammo, i use it with a mix of Big horn and White death also. That way i can have a MMR rifle for reds (scoped big horn does some nice damage), bolt action that is faster to use for veterans and weaker elites such as rushers with white death and for killing anything that i don't reall want to deal with by using the TAC-50.

Also more that the problem is that could they add as a regular sniper rifle that wouldn't be busted by being closer to nemesis damage than white death? I mean i like weird guns so they could make another anti material rifle like the Hecate, Lynx, M2000? i mean if we are going that high that might as well make it an exotic becuase it's not something normal to see chugging it around

Suggested Topics