ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RAGE_THERAPY
    Original poster 85 posts

Agents, while our year-long plus wait continues for an ACTUAL fix to the PC in-game freezes and crashes to desktop... post maintenance today the number of full crashes to desktop with the application actually closing vs. being unresponsive has started again. I've had 5 today over the course of a few hours. And as usual, there is no pattern. It can happen simply by standing outside the base of operations, or completing an in-game mission or objective. I believe the Polarity Event, like other similar events seems to increase the frequency of these crashes and it doesn't seem to matter if it is active or not.

I'll let this feedback fall on deaf ears or the usual canned responses from the support team unfortunately. It is pretty clear they still aren't being provided with any meaningful updates from the Development team at Massive Entertainment.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• echolecter
    354 posts

@rage_therapy Just watched two videos on YT, out of interest what they had to say about this issue, so there is hope. Haha. They were responding to a tweet made by Massive that contained some serious spelling-check problem or just missing a few words. They plan to fix the issue with TU16 and who knows they may even succeed in doing so. But so far I am not expecting anything from their fresh and unexperienced team as they mentioned themselves earlier. But who knows ...

And if these newcomers actually do manage to solve this ongoing problem within a few weeks then why wasn't this done a long time ago by people that have worked on the game for many years.

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 790 posts

@RAGE_THERAPY @echolecter Hey there! Thanks for letting us know that you're still experiencing these crashes on PC after the recent maintenance. If you haven't yet, I'd suggest making sure to go through our troubleshooting guide here and to also verify your game files. If those steps don't help with the crashes, we've had confirmation from other players that re-installing the game on another drive and then deleting The Division 2 folder in "Documents\My Games" helped to fix this issue.

Please let me know if any of the above helps or if the game continues to crash to desktop. Thank you!

Official Response
  • Ola_Sand
    1 posts

@ubi-perseids hello these fixes are not working. I've had multiple crashes today, even tho I keep trying to fix problem myself. The troubleshooting guide only gives a placebo effect, until the game crashes 5 minutes latter. 😢 please tell the team that they should fix the game yesterday.

• echolecter
    354 posts

@ubi-perseids I had been playing the game for nearly 3000 hours without any issues, zero, not even delta errors. System is still the same as first day I started playing, apart from several Windows (security) updates. And no, those steps don't solve anything ... just a new Ubi-name that posts the same stuff we've now seen so many times already. I know that most of you as just doing a job but the solution is not provided by the players. I thought that after this has been going on for so long now it was clear already.

Have been on these forums for to long now to see something else is at play. Following some of the news and comments from your studios (and employees) over time paints a totally different picture of what is happening behind the scenes.

• Sol-3UK
    23 posts

@ubi-perseids I might get 1 delta per 6 hour session but what is more common is the flat out crash. I'm using Win 11 and since disabling "Game Mode" and "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" the number of crashes has reduced and the problem I'm getting now when it does crash is "uplaywebcore.exe" causing the fault not "TheDivision2.exe"

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 790 posts

Hey all, thanks for trying those steps and for updating us! It looks like we have a pinned topic about this issue now so I would encourage you to go post there if you're still experiencing these crashes on the PC. Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics