ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 94 posts

As the title says.
    Whenever I enable FSR, game crashes. Try to start the game again and crashes at main menu. Only way to get back in the game is turn upscaling to 0 in the .ini.

Have verified game files three times with no luck.

Rtx 3090
    I9-10900k
    32gb ram

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4758 posts
    Best Answer

Hi Vikings!

This issue has been reported to the development team, however they have been unable to reproduce it so far.

They have asked if you are experiencing the issue to ensure that you have the latest GPU drivers installed. However, if you do and the issue persists could you please contact support on one of the following support channels and provide your system files:

Facebook
    Twitter
    Support Ticket
    Live Chat

We can then forward these on to the development team to investigate the issue further.

If you could also provide your system specifications in the following format:

Thanks

Official Response
  • PatrickRossotti
    2 posts

@devourcolossus no meu tbm

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 94 posts

@patrickrossotti
    Hopefully it's a quick fix.

• xw1ze
    5 posts

Repeatable

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 94 posts

@xw1ze same on my 3090

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@devourcolossus Hey! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this crashing issue.

In order to troubleshoot this can we ask that you try the steps here.

If the issue continues please let us know.

Thank you.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 94 posts

@ubi-viral I'm not at my computer but I can tell you that graphics drivers are up to date as a new rtx driver dropped yesterday and was installed before downloading the valhalla update. I have verified files 3 times, Latest windows up date is installed, and no background processes were running that aren't required. Someone else with a 30 series card also has the same problem and posted about it in this forum.

• S7igma957
    234 posts

Not a single issue with FSR. Works great!

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 94 posts

@s7igma957 no issues for YOU. However some of us ARE having issues.

• S7igma957
    234 posts

@devourcolossus You should search in your software, hardware etc. Game is fine!

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 94 posts
  • ShujinHakkai
    1 posts

@s7igma957 I am having issues too. My game will not open now. Crashes before the main menu. So yeah, okay, buddy. You're probably running on a Radeon GPU. Honestly, if the game was going to crash for Nvidia users they shouldn't have even implemented it. If you are running an Nvidia card then try to adjust the settings in FSR to quality and see what happens. Because for me it was fine before I went and changed it to quality.

• vm4M9Tz4pB
    136 posts

@ubi-viral i think the crash is raised from the game coding on the FSR. my case is when i select it on any quality option, it keep crash instantly, i can see the starting logo and then it crashed, back to window crash and pop up the sending report box. if it is on default , adaptive FSR, it will not happen(crash) as when setting it at any others quality option .

my GPU and CPU both are AMD, 5xxx series , 6XXX series and X570s. so it do support FSR. Even i had verified the file, i still unable to log in again at the moment.

if u can't log in the game, open the ACvalla.. in document by notepad, and set FSR quality =0 which is equal to setting it as adaptive FRS in the game

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1164 posts

@xw1ze @DevourColossus Sorry to hear you're both experiencing this issue! Could you both run through the steps in this FAQ and see if this still occurs?

If it does, I also recommend completing a clean install of your GPU drivers.

Official Response
  • DevourColossus
    Original poster 94 posts

@ubi-mushy unfortunately it still crashes on anything other than adaptive.

• Hate2015Uplay
    1 posts

@shujinhakkai For the record, even if you run on Radeon/AMD you will still get the crashing. At least that's the case for me on 6700xt. Don't think the quality settings are working for anyone at all atm.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4080 posts

Hey guys,

Thanks for your continued updates.

For anyone still having issues, could you please open a case via our Support Site and attach your DxDiag and MSinfo system files?

You can also reach us via Facebook and Twitter.

In order to investigate this further, it'd be very beneficial to collect more information on the systems of those affected, so would appreciate you sending us your reports.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1164 posts

@devourcolossus Sorry to hear that. Could you create a support ticket and attach your system files? I'd like to take a closer look at this issue.

Official Response
  • satsworld
    16 posts

same it crashes on anything other than adaptive on my 2070 super and the adaptive doesn't seem to work at all as it doesn't improve performance for me.

• george.george21
    5 posts

Re: [Implementing FSR 2.0 in Valhalla](/topic/144989/implementing-fsr-2-0-in-valhalla)

i have a problem ween i ativate fsr in ultra quality the game is not working no more is opening for 10 sec and in menu crash how to stop fsr ????? without entering in game becouse i need to dowland the game again to make work again and i dont wanth to stay hours to waith again

Suggested Topics