ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hey @satsworld,

Sorry to hear that you encounter trouble with your 2070 Super.

Can I check if you have been able to open a support ticket and provide your system files as mentioned previously?

Many thanks

Official Response
  • satsworld
    16 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck submitted my ticket just now

• george.george21
    5 posts

me to same problem Whenever I enable FSR, game crashes. Try to start the game again and crashes at main menu. Only way to get back in the game is delete settings in documents rtx 2060 i5 10400f 16 gb ram

• george.george21
    5 posts

@s7igma957 is [censored] FSR is a problem for all

• george.george21
    5 posts

@shujinhakkai same i attivate the fsr is work on adataptive but wen you try to change to performance,quality,ultraqulity is crashhhh

• peralebm
    1 posts

@george-george21 Best comment ever thank you 100% confirm this works, just delete the ini files in the documents for the game to run properly again thank you.

• TotalEclipse.
    2 posts

It appears that HDR and FSR are not compatible in AC:Valhalla for some reason and due to this not being recognised as an issue I am stuck in a crash loop.

Attempting to enable HDR with FSR is already enabled will crash to desktop.

Attempting to enable FSR while HDR is enabled will also crash to desktop, but also seemingly toggle FSR on because I now cannot launch the game without it crashing before it reaches the main menu.

Anyone else ran into this issue?

Playing on PC with an LG C1 and an NVIDIA 2080Ti.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

@satsworld Apologies for the delayed reply. Thank you for creating the ticket! It is appreciated.

Official Response
  • longjohn119
    1289 posts

@xw1ze The solution to that is simple ..... Enable DLDSR in the Nvidia Control panel, it works better and looks better than FSR ever could because of the Tensor Cores/AI upscaling. You can also lower the AA to low or medium and get back most of the FPS. I'm using DLDSR 2.25X @ 1440p on a RTX 3070 Ti and it works like a charm and the game looks fantastic. You paid extra for those Tensor Cores, you may as well use them

• TheNorfolkian
    1641 posts

@longjohn119 Oof! You shelled out a pretty penny for that piece of hardware. Do you see a real improvement in the game with DLSS and raytracing turned on?

• longjohn119
    1289 posts

@thenorfolkian I got it at MSRP direct from EVGA although that was a bit higher than the Nvidia MSRP but it is factory overclocked and has a larger cooler than the Nvidia version.... I only use DLSS in a couple of games that have Ray Tracing and yes it was a boost from the 2080 Super Hybrid Watercooled I was using (I do miss the watercooled lower temperatures). I use DLDSR much more than DLSS because the games I play are fine at 60 FPS. DLDSR can really breath new life into older games especially those with weak/blurry AA. Another thing I've been playing with is Freestyle SSRTGI (Screen Space Ray Traced Global Illumination) but it's even more resource intensive than regular Ray Tracing. Oddly I can make it work in Odyssey but you can't in Valhalla, something about missing Z Depth buffers so it causes weird shadowing where there shouldn't be any shadows. It will really drop your FPS though. The Nvidia version is based on Pascal Gilcher Reshade filter it doesn't have nearly as many tweaking options and no real documentation for the ones that they do provide so I haven't figured out how to optimize it yet

• TheNorfolkian
    1641 posts

@longjohn119 It’s pretty cool that you can make older games thrive again. What’s the oldest title you’ve been able to enhance?

As for the dilemma with Valhalla, I suspect it has something to do with the updated Anvil engine having certain limitations with respect to a users’ hardware.

• longjohn119
    1289 posts

@thenorfolkian The oldest game is probably AC II with DLDSR and SSRTGI (Oddly I can't get Black Flag to work with SSRTGI, no errors it just doesn't do anything) With Valhalla it's probably something to do with the changes in SSAO with DX12 they are doing something different that doesn't use Z Depth Buffers but using another method to get the same effect. It doesn't mean they are doing anything wrong just differently. It doesn't work in Cyberpunk 2077 either although I don't know why you'd want to use it over what's already built in

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 94 posts

Still isn't fixed. Like they just threw it in as a "[censored] it" and then just left it to rot. Seems to be a common theme with this game.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2865 posts

Heya there @george-george21 , thanks for your post about this, and for sharing your workaround on how to get the game running again after experiencing this crash. Hey also to @peralebm - good to hear @george-george21 's suggested helped.

If either of you would like further assistance with these crashes, please first make sure you've followed the steps from our troubleshooting guide. In particular from the guide, please make sure you are running the game with administrator rights, you've verified the game files, you've got your graphics drivers and Windows install fully updated, and you don't have any background programs which could interfere with the game.

If it still doesn't work, the next step is our system files support article, the steps from which will help us to diagnose the issue and suggest a more specific solution. Once you've got those two files from the guide prepared, please reach out to the team directly to send them across, with any of the three links below.

Open a support ticket with Ubisoft Help
    Send a Twitter DM to Ubisoft Support
    Send a Facebook PM to Ubisoft Support

Let me know if I can clarify any of these steps!

Official Response
  • bigdaddyprof
    1 posts

I turned off HDR and it launches without a single issue now. DMd Ubisoft Support on twitter about my "discovery". Are the rest of you also using HDR? Or is this just a fix for me?

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2865 posts

Hey there @totaleclipse , thanks for getting in touch about this, and welcome to the forums! I understand you're getting a crash to desktop when trying to enable both FSR and HDR at the same time. That's most unusual! I don't see this reported internally yet, so I'd really like to investigate this.

So we can start from the same baseline, can you start with the steps in the troubleshooting guide for me? In particular from the guide, please make sure you are running the game with administrator rights, you've verified the game files, you've got your graphics drivers and Windows install fully updated, and you don't have any background programs which could interfere with the game (such as mods, or system/graphics optimisers).

Once that's done, if the crash still happens, can you also see our system files support article? Let me know once you've got the two files it describes prepared, and I'll open a support ticket you can use to send them across to me. That'll help me to diagnose the crash, and report it internally.

Let me know if I can clarify any of these steps, and thanks once again for reaching out 🙂

Official Response
  • Xx_Knives_xX
    1 posts

@bigdaddyprof can confirm, after disabling HDR, FRS works just fine. nice find.

• naigaxeon
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • naigaxeon
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics