ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Aced_100
    260 posts

I honestly don't know why when ever something new comes out there are calls to nerf it. Are some so insecure they can't cope with the fact that others may close the gap and be able to do missions they previously couldn't? It's a game folks.

• DEDloc
    Original poster 157 posts

@oatiecrumble I seem to recall you were the guy who didn't even know how to fire the ACS correctly LOL..... anyway I am building armor because I want to see what happens to an all red build when you do. How it plays..
    I use sharpshooter for the stability and the spotter drone actually pulses like, everything. It's much better than the pointer, not to mention that with proper team comp you could have your HB guys use something else (spotter drone OP, maybe we should nerf it). One spotter, one scanner should do fine for a team.
    I'm sitting at 55%chc, 205%chd, and 90hsd. Tested it with walker/harris, foxes, walker/harris+contractors, and none of them produce the same numbers or ttk.
    Walker Harris is actually best for LMG builds for obvious reasons.

• Kabal81
    24 posts

@dedloc
    Oh holy build god, you're the only one who knows whats right.
    I see now, that I'm not worthy after 4k hrs in the game.
    I am an unworthy worm and I awaits to be enlightend by you, oh holy build god!

You're right. With everything.
    No nerf needed. All red dps is the way!

Now I learned, numbers and calculations are nothing! They lie all the time! How wrong I was?!

Serious, I'm done here, this is ridiculous.

• DEDloc

@kabal81 bye.

• Oatiecrumble
    757 posts

@DEDloc yeah i was the one who forgot ACS was not full auto, reason being is i never really used shotguns before, so there is no need for being sarcastic, i was not to you.

Anyway, i completely forgot about spotter drone, probably because i have never used it and that would be because of how i despise drones, the way they handle themselves....so buggy.

I would of thought having technician with lazer pointer would of been better, free skill tier and will free up a skill slot for maybe a shield for them "Oh Shi* Moments" being an all red build.

As for W&H/Foxes/Contractors etc etc i'm not 100% sure you are correct....anyway it's all very small numbers between them all.

• DEDloc

@oatiecrumble if you tried the drone, you might like it. I was just pokin at ya about the ACS... It was funny.
    I'm old school. Sharpshooter, to me, is the platform of choice for an AR build. Spotter drone really came into it's own with this update. No need for an extra yellow with this build. It just wouldn't offer much over the advantages of SS and I can't stand shields.

• Oatiecrumble
    757 posts

@DEDloc no worries, i'm all for fun, it was just the way it came across....

I just don't like drones in general, they just seem to have a mind of their own at the worst moments.

Same, i cannot stand shields, especially in groups.

Same, sharpshooter is my go to spec, especially with my rifle build that i use most apart from when i'm in countdown, that place is not good for rifles on console apart from the end part....love switching to my rifle build for the end of countdown.

I have tested pretty much every possible build for rifles since the launch of TD2 and have found the following being the best for console with gamepad:

2 x W&H
    1 x Groupo
    1 x Ceska
    1 x Foxes
    1 x Contractors
    1 x M1A CQB

Vigilance + Braced (yes braced, trust me it rocks)

Now if i played on p.c it would be different.

Jeez i went right off topic 😆

• DEDloc

@oatiecrumble I tend to hate drones as well but the spotter is actually pretty good at following and since you set it up on location, most of the time it's not following you, so you don't have to listen to it.

• DEDloc

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/v4pn1w/i_am_the_hunter_my_countdown_build_stats_at_the/
    Waiting for someone to show me a video of them doing this with HB because with HB it is possible to sit on full stacks and still wind up with no armor, is that the case with this? Maybe we need to nerf this stuff, especially the improvised gear.

• Oatiecrumble
    757 posts

@DEDloc that is a typical PFE build, been out there for a long time....apart from the mask.

• DEDloc

@oatiecrumble I'm aware. Doesn't change the fact that it's obviously OP and needs a nerf, right? 🙂

• Kabal81
    24 posts

@oatiecrumble
    True. and it's clearly not op. Because this vid is made with countdown dmg buffs on. Without the buffs its dmg wise only average.
    I run the exact same build. It's insane, as long as you only encounter elites and named. When veterans or reds joining the rumble, like in the open world or missions, things get out of hand quickly^^
    But in countdown its a great build.

• Oatiecrumble
    757 posts

@Kabal81 yeah without the close range buff in countdown it's pretty average, i use the build quite often in countdown and it's quite fun, especially when i have the close range buff.

Mine slightly varies, i don't really like Dark Winter so prefer to use a SIG MPX with strained and not a fan of the exotic mask so i use a Sokolov instead:

• TheJ0k3r1809000
    17 posts

@dedloc Should my balls be nerf ?

• Kabal81
    24 posts

@oatiecrumble
    My build looks nearly the same.
    For weapons I clearly rely on fast hands. Vector, MPX or Tommy Gun.
    Strained on low RPM smg is a nice alternative like on a 1928 or go with cold relations.

But my favorite is clearly Chicago Typewriter with fast hands ❤ She is the sustain dmg king of the SMGs (besides exotics^^)

• Oatiecrumble
    757 posts

@Kabal81 what the hell is a Chicago Typewriter 😵

• N3mB0t
    1125 posts

@oatiecrumble tommy gun?

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2822 posts

Hey, folks.

I'll need to lock this thread. In future, please remember that everyone here on the forum is a human behind their keyboard, so please keep discussions civil and respectful.

Feel free to start a new thread if y'all want to discuss this further - we welcome discussion here, of course! But I'll have my banhammer ready for any nonsense.

Official Response

Suggested Topics