ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• N3mB0t
    1160 posts

@aced_100

its funny you said that because last night i briefly put the set on , a full red one i made when it came out , and the stacks werent working , not even with an acs they would go up.

because i was mixing gear i wanted to gear proficient i didnt put much thought into it and just changed to one of my trusty ND builds to carry on.

but i think we have a bug here , the stacks seemed to be depleting at a much faster rate than intended hence why i never had any stacks up , i could briefly see a few stacks when unloading a whole rock and roll into the face of an elite but almost didnt had time to reload and i was out of stacks again.

• DEDloc
    Original poster 157 posts

Results at this point seem to indicate that most people would like it left alone. By "most" I mean nearly all. Those who want nerfs, they are mostly PVE players which is just confusing to me LOL

• xcel30
    948 posts

@dedloc I don't think it's right to have a build with no downsides, i think it's fun to find and create builds by mixing stuff and finding ways to use unusual stuff, i don't like when something is just a straight upgrade. Let me ask you this when, why would someone from a gameplay view choose striker over heartbreak if they are trying to make a strong build?

I'm still trying to get the new sniper to see if i can make something interesting with A&8, because i like that. I wouldn't like it if they made a new a new gear set that deals triple the damage of A&8 and gives you 5 second damage immunity every time you hit a headshot.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@dedloc I mean, the forum is mostly filled with complaints about NPCs being too powerful, and the game being too hard. Did you really expect your results to be different?

Most people either don't care or want a Power Fantasy. The Devs made a conscious choice and talked about it many times that they didn't want a Power Fantasy at Heroic+. Those Devs are gone, but if Yannick agrees with them, expect an adjustment. Or Yannick preferred TD1 1.8, and we'll get more powerful gear ahead.

I'm curious to see what he decides.

• Oatiecrumble
    791 posts

Game is 3 years old, let people have fun for gods sake.

• DEDloc

@latenitedelight your respect for the rest of the community is heartwarming.

As for your opinions well, we've pretty much proven how popular they are. You're a big part of a very tiny but very vocal minority.

• MisterFibble
    84 posts

The power of NPC's at higher difficulty should be more tactical than damage sponging combined with the stupidity of NPC's being able to do things like thread the projectile from a grenade launcher through a tiny gap in the scenery that would be nigh on impossible for a player under fire, lob a molotov several hundred metres with a similar level of accuracy or have a heavy run faster than the player even though they're wearing padding that should severely hamper the wearers mobility.

• Boothen
    41 posts

I just want it to work. I'm wearing 5 pieces and have the Technicians underbarrel attachment on both weapons (AR and a LMG) yet no matter how many enemies I aim at and shoot I never get any 'blue' bonus armour showing up on my armour bar. And then I get one-shotted by a basic grunt, despite having 2M 'normal' armour, last one was an Assault w/ shotgun that hit me for 2.38M in a single shot from a range that my AR couldn't touch him. So what's the point of this set if it doesn't bloody work?

• Oatiecrumble
    791 posts
    I just want it to work. I'm wearing 5 pieces and have the Technicians underbarrel attachment on both weapons (AR and a LMG) yet no matter how many enemies I aim at and shoot I never get any 'blue' bonus armour showing up on my armour bar. And then I get one-shotted by a basic grunt, despite having 2M 'normal' armour, last one was an Assault w/ shotgun that hit me for 2.38M in a single shot from a range that my AR couldn't touch him. So what's the point of this set if it doesn't bloody work?

@Boothen have a look here and see of it helps:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/156845/heartbreaker-doesn-t-work-on-xbox-one?lang=en-US

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@dedloc 😕

Ugh, you seem to think I'm advocating for it to be nerfed. I never voted for that option, and have multiple times stated I could care less on the outcome because it doesn't affect me. I don't match make, I can choose not to use it, and I've had an anti-pulse build DZ build since SC dropped - which only got stronger with the pulse resistance mods.

I just pushed back on people trying to claim it's not OP. Comparative Analytics is a real thing, and stating it's OP does not equal advocating for a nerf. Scorpio is OP, and I've never asked for it to be nerfed. Same with Memento. Not sure if it's a reading comprehension issue or a titling at windmills Quixote type problem. Chill man.

• Oatiecrumble
    791 posts

Like i said before, i think it's a good set for Countdown but my other builds for everything else thrashes it.

The elites in open world take that armor buff from HB down very quick, it countdown they dont.....go figure.

As for PVP i wouldn't know as i don't PVP so can't comment on that.

• DEDloc

@latenitedelight nobody cares.

• Aced_100
    264 posts

@oatiecrumble I followed your link and tried what was suggested on PS4, it works all the time now, thanks.

It's a run and gun set, you have to get up close and personal to make the most of it, you can litterally run through missions with it.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@dedloc I do find it amusing that you are down with calling things OP when you don't like them, but suddenly it's not OP when you do like them. Or have you changed your position on Sticky Bombs & Shrapnel Traps?

• DEDloc

@latenitedelight nobody cares.

• Aced_100
    264 posts

90% say leave it alone, the tribe has spoken!

• Boothen
    41 posts

@oatiecrumble I play exclusively on the PC and that loadout trick doesn't seem to work.

• Oatiecrumble
    791 posts

@Boothen i noticed you said you wear 5 pieces of HB maybe try 4 pieces (might be another bug)

When i use the set i run with:

Mask: Fenris
    Kneepads: Fox's Prayer
    Rest: HeartBreaker

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@dedloc duly noted, but you wouldn't respond if you didn't care 😘

Dedloc school of TD2 logic:
    Full armor build, does high skill damage = bad, must be fixed/nerfed
    Full armor build, does high gun damage = good, don't touch it, it's fun

I just like to see some logical consistency in the forum, but maybe that's too much to ask for in this day and age. I also believe in updating opinions as more info comes in, so maybe now you're fine with something that bugged you prior to HB changing your opinion. Hell, there is a semi defensible position you could try take that makes that consistent.

Come on, you take the time to type a few words, why not take some time and present an actual argument instead of deflective projection. Seriously, I gave you multiple starting points to choose from. Just expand on why Yannick should keep this and how to adjust balancing in line with it. I'd love to have a real conversation about the pros and cons of changing the build/balance dynamic of TD2, and you've at least shown some initiative. Unless it was just hollow. I don't know.

• DEDloc

@latenitedelight you can Ad Hominem all day long. Won't change the poll numbers lololol

Suggested Topics