ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Semaarius
    Original poster 24 posts

Name: Blightbearer

Thinking it would be an Assault Rifle.
    Rolled with Weapon Damage, Damage to Health, Damage to Targets out of Cover.
    Mag Size: 50

Talent: Accumulative Injection

Dealing damage accumulates a damage pool. (Pool size is either infinite or some High-End number for a cap) Upon zooming in, switches to semi-auto fire or a charged shot and gives you Poison Ammunition. Semi-auto fire consumes (PH 10%) of the damage pool per shot fired and delivers damage as a Poison Status Effect over (PH 5) seconds. Fully charged shots consume the entire accumulated damage pool and delivers a lethal injection. 100% of the damage accumulated as a Poison Status Effect over (PH 5) seconds.

Status Effect Damage and Duration are increased with Status Effect Attribute.
    Poison is a Status Effect that bypasses armor and effects Health "Directly".

The functionality of the weapon itself will be similar to Bullhorns Semi-Auto Fire mode, and Nemesis' Charged Shot. Unlike Bullhorn or the Nemesis, Blightbearer does not have any Weapon PERCENT increases because the damage it deals will be based entirely off of what the agent accumulates. In otherwords, you kill 10 enemies and for simplicity sake say they had 100 health each. You killed 10 of them, your Damage pool is at 1000 damage. Semi-auto fire will consume (X%) of the pool and deal that damage as a Poison Status Effect over (X) seconds. So say the Semi-Auto consumes 10% per shot.  And let's assume the Poison duration is the current default of 5 seconds. You would deal 100 Poison Damage over 5 seconds. (20 Damage per second for 5 seconds) Using the same factors in the Semi-Auto fire mode. The Charge shot would deal 1000 Poison Damage over 5 seconds. (200 Damage per second for 5 seconds)

Gist of this weapon is a single target Executor. This weapon would make "Health" Rolls more valuable instead of the dead stat that it currently is,
    and it would give the Damage to Health roll some actual value in this Tank / Bonus Armor Sim we currently have, Heartbreaker was a nice touch but it transformed our tanks into temporary tanks with a lot of damage. 

Overall I feel as though, in regards to tank build, there should be more of a focus towards health instead of armor. But if you are going to stack
    tons of armor there should be penalties, such as slower movement speeds due to the vast amount of "armor plates" you SHOULD be carrying around. Maybe with a health/armor rework on our agents we can bring back old talents, for example the old version of "Strained" back when it used to grant 10% critical hit damage for every 5% of your armor that is depleated. Or maybe the old Berserk Talent. Which was: +10% weapon damage for every 10% of max armor depleted. Ofc they would have to be reworked to fit in the current build, but that is not a decision for me to make so, 

Blightbearer. Enough said.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sethreex
    1 posts

@semaarius This is dirty and I like it!!

• Semaarius
    Original poster 24 posts

@sethreex

Thanks, though my original thought process was of performance gear mods. Aka the mods you can place inside your Mask, Chestpiece, and Backpack. Or I guess all the skills mods as well could have variants.
    But the idea was if Massive were to implement new performance mods that were able to add special effects. AKA adding talents via the mods instead of just the backpack, Chest, and weapons. Namely in this case an example would be something along the lines of:

Every third bullet that hits the enemy inflicts Poison damage, the damage would be based off the weapon used. For example if I were to be a sniper and I hit two shots on something and then I fire the third at a tank instead. It would end up doing a ton of damage against the tank because I was using a sniper rifle in the first place and second because the Poison would bypass the armor. I wasn't sure how well it would be received if I just posed a mods upgrade suggestion so I just designed something more plausible.
    The actual idea behind all of this started with something the devs already made I think but they never actually launched it. I can't remember if it was for Division 1 or Division 2 but there was talk about a "Seeker" Gearset. The set bonus was every third shot was a guaranteed 100% Critical Hit. Personally I would have been using that set at all times if it came out. I understand why they didn't but then again with how everything is now, we kinda need something like that to shake up the meta. That or actually buffing up the Gearsets since they are far too weak to be used in Pvp unless everyone is foregoing pulse resistance and Hazard resistance. It's a bit too easy to get high numbers for those two especially pulse resistance, considering every Specialization gives you 50% base.

Anyways back on track. Mods having talents that augment how the generic gun play works was my original intent. And I would be glad to brainstorm a list of effects that could be used for these mods but until then as posted above... Blightbearer. Enough said.

Suggested Topics