ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/1 Replies/44 Views
    Ryjon.
    Original poster 13 posts

So, was at a friends house, and we started on his second play through of Far Cry 6.
    We were taking turns at playing, due to his game being on P.C. (Old school, round robin P.C. gaming.)

We got to the end of the introduction cutscene, after choosing character gender, when you first gain control of your character on the roof top in esperanza, and have to sneak unarmed to the streets to make our escape.
    But our character is stuck in place and cannot move. Mouse and keyboard inputs are ineffective.
    The soldiers who were kicking at the doors bust in and shoot our character. Dead. (I see that this has been reported, but not fixed yet.) (I have experienced this twice on my own P.C.)

So our character respawns, and now we can move, and get on with our play through.
    All goes well until we finish the tutorial part of the game and are given access to the main missions, and all of the DLC and account bound extra content from the store.

WHOOSH KAPOW shirt
    WHOOSH KAPOW pants
    WHOOSH KAPOW helmet
    WHOOSH KAPOW gun
    WHOOSH KAPOW.......

Right in the middle of the screen.
    WHOOSH KAPOW
    For 27 minutes.
    WHOOSH KAPOW
    These items are presented to you.
    WHOOSH KAPOW
    like it's the
    WHOOSH KAPOW
    Best
    WHOOSH KAPOW
    Thing
    WHOOSH KAPOW
    Ever.
    WHOOSH KAPOW
    One at a time.
    WHOOSH KAPOW
    For 27 minutes.
    WHOOSH KAPOW ...etc...

Why ?
    I do know that these alerts can now be disabled in the menu.
    But why ?

The moment i get access to the extra content, i have to go into the setting menu to disable the notifications.
    But then after 30 minutes i have to go back into the menu again to re-enable the setting so i can see the pickups i get during normal game play.
    That's 2 trips into the setting menu right at the start of the main game, just to not be thoroughly annoyed by a very silly design decision that seems to be deliberately wasting my time. For 27 minutes.

I need to point out that not all of the store content had been purchased on that account. We worked out that if he had purchased everything from the store, the WHOOSH KAPOW would go on for about 50 - 60 minutes. That's nearly a solid hour of noise for each and every item purchased.

We then decided to quit the game and go do something else for a while.

When we came back to the game later that day, we booted up the P.C. and launched Far Cry 6.
    We then logged into the second game save to continue our journey.
    When the save loaded, our character was stuck in place and could not move. Mouse and keyboard inputs are ineffective. (I see this has been previously reported, but not fixed yet) (Have experienced this once on my own P.C. before.)
    We had to fast travel to get past this issue.

So, hopefully some of these, and other ongoing issues might be fixed with title update 6, whenever it arrives.

p.s. @forum moderators. No we will not be uploading videos and screen shots, if you don't have enough already, you never will.
    We each paid for a video game, not an unpaid beta tester job. How this janky mess got past quality control and play testing is a mystery.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics