ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/23 Replies/949 Views
    SamNPatel
    Original poster 3 posts

After Auto update of the game on 25 May 2022 on PC, the game is constantly stopping or crashing. Checked Graphic driver, Microsoft Updates, File Verification (More than 4 to 5 times)... But everything seems OK. Is anyone facing the same!! If anyone has solution pls help.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• arni-GX
    42 posts

@samnpatel

what is the detail spec of your PC ??

• SamNPatel
    Original poster 3 posts

@arni-gx
    Intel i9-9900K
    Z390 Aorus Xtreme
    32 Gb Ram
    NVidia RTX 2080
    DX12
    Windows 10 Pro

• arni-GX
    42 posts

@samnpatel

temperature of your gpu, cpu, when playing this game ??

what it is your PSU ??

• dominikmodschi9
    1 posts

@samnpatel i have the same problem with my PC

• longjohn119
    1200 posts

@samnpatel People on the other and older/longer crash thread say they are getting good results with a 60 FPS cap and v-sync turned on with the latest update after months of fighting crashing issues

• Kaesebaellchen
    4 posts

i got the same problems.
    i cant even get to the menu to set the FPS or v-sync.

windows and gpu drivers are up to date. i even did the file verification and reinstalled the game. anyone an idea or solution?

• longjohn119
    1200 posts

@kaesebaellchen I have a 120 FPS limit set on the game which I also had to do with Odyssey when I was using Forger mods in order to get the game to start. It seems that the FPS would shoot so high there was some sort of sync or timing problem and the 120 FPS limit fixed that for me so I have always had Valhalla set to the same. I just updated and tried the game and it started right up for me although it seems to have borked my cloud saves which is not a big deal for me since I always make a manual save when I quit out of the game.

You can set the FPS limit in the Nvidia Control App or the Radeon App if you use AMD graphics. The FPS limit that is in the game doesn't seem to affect the game until you actually load a save

• Kaesebaellchen
    4 posts

Thanks for the answer.
    I have a 144Hz monitor. anyway I switched it to 120Hz and unfortunately it doesn't help.

In addition, the game can no longer be started from ubisoft connect. it only starts sporadically when you start as admin. and if I want to change a tab in the menu, for example graphics or control, there is a CTD.

in my eyes it is due to update 1.5.2, because everything worked fine before.

are there any other solutions @Ubi-Karl ? I already tried stop antivirus, windows gpu settings etc. windows and gpudriver are up to date.

what annoys me a little is that before the update it ran without any problem and with 1.5.2 it doesn't work even though i haven't changed anything on my system...

• jell_ree
    1 posts

hi poster, did u manage to fix the problem? I have the same problem too. This is what I got from event viewer "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
    GPU is RTX 3060, the crash occur VERY RANDOM, sometimes immediately after loading a game, and sometimes after few hours of playing. This makes my gaming experience very frustrating. 😞

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2623 posts

Hello Vikings,

Sorry to hear that your game keeps crashing following update 1.5.2.

Can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? This will help you to eliminate any potential software conflicts.

If you're still experiencing this issue after performing all of the steps from above, can you please update this thread? We'll keep monitoring discussions and will report any issues to the development team for further investigation.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Kaesebaellchen
    4 posts

@ubi-mark

Hey Ubi-Mark,

thanks for the answer.

I have already carried out the following points from the troubleshooting but unfortunately it does not help me:

Check the system requirements
    - check, I was able to play the game and I've already completed the game at 65%

Update windows
    - check, just today I checked for updates and my win10 is up tp date

Run the game with administrator rights
    check, I have already set it this way

Verify game files
    check, already done several times.

Update your graphics card drivers
    check, i did it today. my driver has the version number 516.40 (my gpu is gtx 1660 super)

Disable background applications
    check, I've done it several times.

• longjohn119
    1200 posts

@kaesebaellchen You could try adding an exclusion for the AC Valhalla folder so your virus/malware scanner doesn't try to scan it on startup

• Kaesebaellchen
    4 posts

@longjohn119
    unfortunately that doesn't help either.

does nobody have an idea?
    ubisoft????

@ubi-mark and colleagues

• Ubi-LadyBlue
    Ubisoft Support Staff 313 posts

I'm sorry none of that helped @kaesebaellchen.

Are you getting an error code of any sort when the crash happens or does it just crash back to the desktop?

I'd also like to have you start a Support Case, attaching your System files and update me after as this could give me a better idea of what could be going on here.

Official Response
  • Sakaliet
    4 posts

i also have the same problem but my game starts and crash after the welcome screen that says " press any key "
    i haven't played the game for while since i got my 100% completion
    updated it today .. 32GB update and verify game files after .. still doesn't want to start

i also get error message when the game try to sync my savegame .. so i tried deleting my savegame and run ubisoft connect in offline mode but with no luck 😞

something went wrong after the last update .. we need it fixed

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 516 posts

@sakaliet Hello! Sorry to hear that your game is crashing and that you are also getting an error about syncing the save file.

To start with, please go through our troubleshooting guide here to help with the crashing. If the game continues to crash, I'd suggest you go ahead and uninstall/reinstall the game. Something to note, if the game is installed on a different drive than the game client you're using, this could also be causing an issue so I'd also advise you to reinstall making sure the game and client are on the same drive (preferably your OS/C drive).

For the sync issue, could you please grab an image of the error message so I can take a closer look?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Tre916
    4 posts

@ubi-perseids
    I am having the same issue, I also haven't played for a while. But now it crashes after the press button to start screen. I have already checked everything mentioned here and reinstalled the game.

• Sakaliet
    4 posts
  • Tre916
    4 posts

I recently got mine working after it crashes while "Checking for addons" following the Press button to start. The solution I found was to go into the game folder and delete all the 'dlc_### folders' after that it immediately started working again, but you will have to follow it up with verifying the game files, to redownload your DLC. But it's running again. I attached an example of what the folders look like.

If you're worried about the deletion not working just cut and paste them into another folder to see if it fixes your issue. I hope this helps.

Suggested Topics