ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• StarKnight.31
    Original poster 8 posts

Since 1701, 1404, 2070 and 2205, and still today with Anno 1800 (Full DLC : I'm a big fan of the Anno series and in particular Anno 1800, but also 1404 and 1701), I still find it absurd and illogical to see maps with islands that are too small and also with beaches that are too small, not long enough !

I like to make it big and have room / large and flat islands to build a big and beautiful city on every island (on the bigger ones at least), whether it's specialized or not, versatile (polyvalent / multipurpose) or not, cosmopolitan (different stages of settlers ) or not...etc.

And Anno would not be Anno without its ports, its harbors, its counters, its large port areas !

I love having huge ports, with everything that can make up a large commercial, industrial, touristic and even military port (with its defences), with 100s of ships docking while others leave !

But unfortunately long beaches are very often missing to build large complete ports, especially with the Dockland DLC and other DLCs that add port level content, it's absurd and illogical to offer such small islands with beaches also so small !

And that was already a problem since Anno 1701 !
    So with Anno 1800 it's still more true and inconsistent (incoherent), you need big islands and long beaches to build magnificent ports with lots of quays, docks, storage warehouses, depots, piers...etc, etc. !

The islands of the New World are worse, they are even smaller and are made up of too many rivers, therefore it is difficult to build big and beautiful cities comparable to those of the Old World !

I think I'm not the only one thinking that !
    And it's very annoying because I spend hours looking for the best "Seeds" but it's so long, it prevents me from playing, and so it's not normal, it's incomprehensible !

Of course, you also need smaller islands and worlds that aren't too big for PCs that aren't powerful enough, you definitely need everything (diversity), but for those who are lucky enough to have a very good PC like me, it's terribly frustrating of never finding the right Seed (map) to have big islands and long beaches !!!

Please take this into account in your future patches and DLCs ! 🙂

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• StarKnight.31
    Original poster 8 posts

Better formatting and correction of the previous message.

• Bloodlex2
    26 posts

Hey, I think it would be great to make it configurable and add more options when starting new game and give us the possibility to decide how large islands we would like to have 🙂 . That would be a great addition and would let everyone play as they would like to.

• StarKnight.31
    Original poster 8 posts

@bloodlex2 Totally agree ! 🙂

• StarKnight.31
    Original poster 8 posts

I'm not asking for a whole continent to be created that is 10 times the size of the biggest island possible in the game, but to increase the large islands by at least 25 or 30%, because some islands have so much relief steep, faults, rifts, rivers and huge mountains which can cover/occupy up to 50% of the island, it's pretty with mountains, lakes, rivers and all kinds of beautiful landscapes but they are hardly and even totally unbuildable !

So just add 1 or 2 large islands and increase, on large islands, the number of buildable tiles by 20%, 25%, 30% or 35%, up to 40%.

And I'm talking here large islands intended for the main cities of the players (PC + NPC),

The medium and small islands always have their place in each world, both to build small farming and worker villages (artisans too) and/or to produce some specific products related to the resources present on these islands, or to "outsource" part of the industry and agriculture on these islands.

And I'm also talking about the beaches, these don't allow you to make large ports with everything necessary to give the port a real realistic appearance with a lot of activity !

I also love all these dockers and workers who transport goods miscellaneous...etc, it makes the port lively and realistic, but if it's not big enough, all that, and the DLCs included, it's all useless, there's never enough room / place / space for put everything, and that even if we exploit the other small beaches on the same island !

Suggested Topics