ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Oatiecrumble
    Original poster 642 posts

There is a 90% chance that anything lower than SHD 800 gets kicked from the match.

• Why not give players lower than SHD 800 a chance to play.
    • How do you think it feels for that person who has been kicked just because he ain't high enough SHD.
    • How is that meant to encourage new players to want to play TD2.
    • Do you think that is going to create a larger playerbase, bigger the playerbase the more investment into the game.
    • I have seen low level SHD players play the game much better than high level SHD players.
    • Why do high level players kick low level SHD players, surely it can't be about loot.
    • Being high level SHD surely you must be at a point of wanting to help low SHD players.

So what if you don't get to complete it in time, you pretty much already have the gear so why not share your skills and make use of that gear you wear to help others.

Countdown is probably the most un-friendly part of this game, how do you expect to encourage new players to play this game when all they get is kicked.

@Ubisoft

Why ain't there no vote to kick?
    Why when extracting does it not put all players in the group in some kind of hub so we can share loot with players who need it?

Note: This is my observation playing on Xbox, this is not a rant more of a why?....I am over 4k SHD and would never dream of kicking someone just because of their SHD level.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    523 posts

@oatiecrumble
    you are absolutely right. I am at SHD 8.300 but got kicked several times as well 😊. Well, there are guys in this game for whom this is their life apparently, expecting from everyone to function like a clock. I pretty much liked to help players and having people in team with different experience and playstile, more fun than playing with the “professionals“

• F.i.x.e.r
    90 posts

I am at around 2400 SHD and in it for the fun, so compared to the pros I suck. Having said that, if I am matched with a bunch of so called pros I can do my part and have a good run even though my skill does not match my SHD level, so as long as there are a majority of pros on the team, they can easily help you perform at a higher level than your solo ability.

As a matter of fact just yesterday I got matched with almost all sub 500 SHD players and we wiped badly. Still had fun and still walked away with a sizeable bag of loot. Yeah, people need to chill more, it's more fun.

• suschunga
    306 posts
    Note: This is my observation playing on Xbox

Must be a Xbox player base thing. I've completed plenty of runs with people who have low two-digit SHD levels on PC.

• Oatiecrumble
    Note: This is my observation playing on Xbox

Must be a Xbox player base thing. I've completed plenty of runs with people who have low two-digit SHD levels on PC.

@suschunga so did i when Countdown was launched, but now it seems the more older it gets the more low SHD's are getting kicked.

• HonestlyOK1986
    195 posts

@oatiecrumble this is what ive bwen saying about this new proficiency thing. Give it a few more months and people who arent above say 15 or 20 prof level with all gear boosted will get kicked. This system is creating a divide between regulars and new/casual and will be the undoing and end of the game.

I play xbox alot and lots of countdown and tbh you'll find those below 1000, whilst may not be dps focused, have useful builds that serve a good purpose. I personally wouldnt kick anyone for their level, but ive seen it alot so far and its only going to get worse. They have divided a community, not brought it together

• suschunga
    306 posts

@oatiecrumble I'm not disputing that your experience may be different, but this was my first countdown run today

• xcel30
    835 posts

Only kicks i have seen were to remove AFK leaders so someone else could start

• SuspiciousPixel
    323 posts

You get high SHD players who are dumb and you get low SHD players who are dumb. There's nothing Massive can do to cure dumbness. Who cares anyway, the leader will probably get a Delta and disconnect so the problem is solved lol

• Oatiecrumble

Well just created a match and had 5 x low SHD players = zero deaths.....2 x High SHD players (one was 22k shd) = deaths.....completed it with ease....just a shame i can't share my drops with them.

I might just start creating my own groups and kick all high level SHD's....😆

• x41x6Ex64x79
    15 posts

@oatiecrumble Countdown isn't difficult, once you have the layout in your head.

Other than the Deltas, the main issue I have seen is with lower level player just farming Hunter drops and then quitting (the drops are **** for us so called 'pros')

• echolecter
    310 posts

@oatiecrumble It may very well be that some players are using the 'wrong characters', as in racial. Been kicked myself few times because of it, both TD1 and TD2, do have 4 different ones. Or people start yelling and cursing into their mics when you appear in the group, which is priceless and hillarious. In those cases I just leave, and as mentioned, sometimes they are kicking a player that could be the most experienced one of them all. Players that aren't just a rince-and-repeater to acquire (meaningless) SHD levels. As in real life you meet a lot of wierdos, online games are not excluded from that.

• Oatiecrumble

@echolecter many reasons for maybe why they get kicked but i believe it's just a simple case of "Nah, too low, Cya"....next.

• HonestlyOK1986
    195 posts

@oatiecrumble think part of it is this but ive been inspecting the loadouts people have been using and some have been throwing on purple gear...i assume theres something somewhere, probably youtube, that says using purples levels faster etc. Either way, i generally dont mind as long as people have a general jist of what they're doing in the mode.

• Oatiecrumble

@HonestlyOK1986

I too have been inspecting loadouts but ain't come across players fitted out with purples, just a mish mash of gear that don't synergize well.

They all seem to play pretty well apart from some who think they can face tank the hunters when shutting down the counter measures 😆

I really wish the game when completing countdown didn't auto disband all members, instead put us all in a hub so i/we can share the loot, there is nothing in there i need so it's all just donated, would prefer to give it to players who need it.

• N3mB0t
    987 posts

low cost development that use every shortcut possible = countdown made on a raid structure where its ok for the raid leader to have all the power to organize the teams , not so much in countdown where all it does is is have afk leaders , acting like god leaders , and leaders that dont lead anything because they probably are trying the mode for the first few times.

no wonder the world isnt doing so well.

• suschunga
    306 posts

For anyone who thinks the PC community is divided between the "haves" and "have nots":

That's the biggest differential between SHD levels I've seen, but we still managed to complete the main objective. Extraction on the other hand 🤕

• SuspiciousPixel
    323 posts

@n3mb0t With all the Deltas and crashes players face in countdown the Devs could have atleast allowed players to re-join the group when they reconnect. Seems overly harsh that they should lose out on loot because of an issue Massive have introduced in TU15. You can re-join teams in Missions/Raids after a disconnect, why not Crashdown?

• suschunga
    306 posts
    You can re-join teams in Missions/Raids after a disconnect, why not Crashdown?

Yeah, rejoining an ongoing run needs to be possible once they've fixed the delta errors.

• CorTeZ667
    19 posts

Pretty much agree, it sucks. But the jerks who do this DO have a point about the sub-SHD 800 cut-off. Assuming yoiu havn't put watch points in to the "wrong" slots, at around SHD 750-800 your max on what many players consider the important stuff (crit, weapon damage, Armour, etc.). It's really not that big a difference, but technically the logic is sound.

I saw the same thing in raid groups (I'm sure most of us have), just the way of the world. It's human nature to want to feel better about yourself at the expense of others. Basically all PVP is, and sports, and... everything.

Suggested Topics