ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• C0lbyte
    Original poster 1 posts

After the update i cant build any kind of mountain mines anywhere in any zone no matter the type of mine.
    In build menu the logo is gone and underneath it just says warning.

I have used mods but i removed all of them and the problem is still there 😭

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3115 posts

Hey there @c0lbyte - thanks for getting in touch here on the forums, I really appreciate this report! I understand you've not been able to build mountain mines after the update - sorry about that! I'd really like to investigate this further.

Can you make sure to verify your game files for me? This makes sure that nothing went wonky when you installed the update.

Does the issue persist after that step? If so, can you clarify if you've tried this with a new game as well, and if you faced the same issue?

It'd be very useful to have some screenshots showing what happens when you try to build mines - that'll really help our investigation. The screenshots can be added to a post here using the images icon.

Please let me know if I can clarify any of these steps, and thanks once again for reaching out!

Official Response
  • Dutchton
    1 posts

@ubi-thrupney , another one here, same problem...
    I just had the new season 4 Pass and some cosmetic dlc`s installed and got the new update.
    Now ALL of the mountain mines are gone and cant be rebuild either.
    In the Arctic the gas stations are gone too.

Also weirdly enough some skyscrapers didnt survive the update, empty spot inn return. That can be rebuild, the energy economy is a dissaster incomming..

Plz Help is apperciated,

TA

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@dutchton Hello there!

Thank you for the report, we're sorry to hear same problem.

Would you be able to confirm for us if you've been able to try the steps suggested by Ubi-Thrupney, so we can rule out some common issues?

Can you make sure to verify your game files for me? This makes sure that nothing went wonky when you installed the update.

Does the issue persist after that step? If so, can you clarify if you've tried this with a new game as well, and if you faced the same issue?

It'd be very useful to have some screenshots showing what happens when you try to build mines - that'll really help our investigation. The screenshots can be added to a post here using the images icon.

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • nelsitoPuglisi
    2 posts

@ubi-nacho Hi there! I've a similar issue with "Iron Mines"

First it was like this:

Then I verified my files, and it prompted to fix them. And now it's quite different:

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 252 posts

Hey @nelsitopuglisi @C0lbyte @Dutchton! We are currently looking into similar reports. The investigating team is requesting some information. Could you please reach out on our support website with the following information?

1. Your dxdiag + engine.ini
    2. Do you use any mods?
    3. Does the issue present only on old saves, or are they missing in new games too?
    4. How old were saves that were loaded after the update? Did you play on them recently or was it old saves that you were playing a few game updates before?

Thank you so much in advance!

Official Response
  • nelsitoPuglisi
    2 posts

@ubi-peach Done! I've sent my case. Just to confirm that is working in a new game, without mods.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3911 posts

Thank you very much for creating a case with us nelsitopuglisi, I can see it has been escalated to another team, but I will gather the files you were able to upload and create a new investigation into this.

If anyone else is checking out this thread now, please try verifying your game files, to see if it can fix the issue. If not, please follow Ubi-Peaches instructions above to help us with this investigation.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky

In addition to my last post, please make sure if you are using mods with the game, you uninstall these mods and load a save from before April 12th when the update was pushed, then test the mine building again, as modded games after the update were known to be affecting this mechanic.

If you do find that you can build mines after uninstalling these mods, please let us know what mods you were using?

If you are unable to build mines, you have no mods installed, and you have verified your game files, please send us your save files for investigation 🙂

Official Response
  • wreckingball06
    7 posts

@ubi-milky Hello, any news about this one? I haven't been able to lay since UI 14, slowly losing interest.

• ciske
    1 posts

can't build lumberjack and charcoal mine

it's black

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1713 posts

Hey @ciske! Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear you are running into this situation. To take a closer look at what is going on, could you share a screenshot of what is happening?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky

Hello @wreckingball06 and @ciske thanks for getting in touch, I have merged a few similar threads about this issue together, of being unable to build certain mines in the game.

We found some players were affected by this if they were using mods, if you happen to be using mods, could you please uninstall, then after, verify your game files to repair the original game files?

If you still have problems building mine's in the game afterwards, we have an open investigation into this and we would like your video clips or save files for our dev team to investigate.

Please check our bug reporting pinned post for more info on how you can do this >>
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/110789/how-to-report-a-bug-in-anno-1800/1?lang=en-US

Official Response

Suggested Topics