ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• everglades2012
    Original poster 8 posts

Hi, Anno Community. Just wanted to share some thoughts regarding potential DLC content for Year 5 in case it's somewhere on the road map. The 19th century has been reach on events, inventions and discoveries so I guess what we're missing here is:

1. Citius, Altius, Fortius DLC: this one should be dedicated to Olympics restored by Pierre de Coubertin in 1896. I think it makes sense to add a Stadium Monument improving the attractiveness of the island passively and giving even more of it during events: Olympic Games, Football Cup and Wibledon-style tennis championship. There should also be a modular Olympic village connected to the Stadium with a Town Hall / Hacienda - type building in the center and 4 campus-type buildings to host the delegations from the Old World, New World, Enbesa and Asia/Arctic (?). This building should consule some of the basic stuff (with no alcohol :)) I think the first Olympics can get a decent quest line inside each region dedicated to sport teams assembly.
    2. The pipes / Going Underground DLC: this one can be an expansion to the current bus networks. Let's say, upon reaching 2000 tourist population or 50000 Investors you get the option to enhance/upgrade the current bus stops to hubs or subway stations (using steel beems, wood, concrete, light bulbs and steam engines, for instance). Each station should add some attractiveness and double the network connection bonus to reach the points of interest (this should solve bus networks issues and low outreach)
    3. Cinématographe DLC: I guess this one can serve as enhancement to photo game mechanic and serve as specific quest line for tourists, editor, Olympics etc. A cinema building can be added as one of the city attractions providing a happiness bonus within a specific area. I guess it would be nice to also add some kind of broadcasting to the game as well to provide some relevant bonuses like in Anno 2070 (we already have radio towers, phones etc. so this should be available as mechanics without super efforts).

Obviously, each DLC can get a set of cosmetic DLCs to add some beauty to the cities. Would be nice to get your thoughts and feedback on that.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• StarKnight.31
    8 posts

@everglades2012 Good ideas ! 🙂

• Fret__Fret
    1 posts

Yes, as the devs don't know if they are doing a fifth season, I have also some ideas:
    Upgradable Industry DLC: If you try to boost your production efficiency, you will try to place as many factories of the same type within the radius of a trade union equipped with the proper items. The result is a very ugly looking industry park.
    The solution to this was actually a part of Anno 2205: Factory modules.
    My vision of upgradable factories are actually building the factory with the UI of the Speicherstadt/ Palace. You will place the main building as usually, but then you got the option to add warehouses and workshops etc. Maybe even the ornaments might increase the production output.
    To balance out the gameplay, each factory should have a maximum number of possible production buildings and ornaments (if they increase the production output).
    For the item boost I have to solutions to choose from in mind: Either the factory itself can hold up to three items (four with the palace effect) via a trade union like production building (That costs influence).
    The second solution would be that the main buildings needs to be in the range a trade union.

I am excited to read your feedback on the idea

• rofeqabi
    1 posts

This is for sure the Goods Ideas .and necessary, i can use this ?

• everglades2012
    Original poster 8 posts

@rofeqabi How do you want to use them? Just didn't quite get the idea 🙂

• everglades2012
    Original poster 8 posts

@fret__fret Yep, I think this could be a good plan instead of just cloning standard bildings around a TU.I would also say there's not enough water resources usage, especially in the Old World. Your industry/civil buildings could actually get some kind of fire protection bonus when located near the river or so... or even have modules giving some production bonuses (sort of Enbesa water usage variation)

Suggested Topics