ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Funkghu
    Original poster 4 posts

Hello. This problem has existed for a long time. The old photos I took are visible on the map, but all the photos I took recently disappear.After taking any photo, I can see the photo as in the picture below. But when I exit the game or go to a different region, the yellow photo icon disappears and is not seen again.
    The photos I took are shown on the photomod site, but they are not in the game. This problem is only me? Anyone who knows the solution please help. I reinstalled the game from scratch 3 times but it didn't fix it. Are you going to post an update on this? Thank you.

The first photo below is my old photos and it only shows them.

I just took the new photo. The icon of the photo is visible at first, but after closing and opening the game, it disappears and is not seen again.

as it is here.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    2871 posts

@funkghu
    nice pictures !

just a hint :
    as it seem to be impossible to download pictures we've made from the Ubi Photmode website :
    I use screenshots when my picture is "ready" ( I do this on PS, but I guess it can be done on PC, I don't know how you can get max resolution this way = it may be capped by your screen resolution ), this way I'm sure to access them, when I want to share I use the Valhalla picture + I do my screenshot for having a safe copy 🙂

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3127 posts

Hey there @funkghu , welcome to the forums! Thanks for sending across these images showing that your newly taken photos are gone from the map after a restart - I appreciate you pointing this out.

I've gone ahead and reported this to our teams, so we can investigate further internally, and I'll be back in touch if our teams find that they need further information. Let me know if you've got any questions in the meantime!

Official Response
  • Funkghu
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-thrupney thank you for your feedback despite your busy schedule. If there is anything I can help with, please write. I would like to add one more thing, this problem only exists in the Englend map and not in other regions.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3127 posts

Hey again, @funkghu - thanks for clarifying that it only seems to happen in England. I'll pass that on.

Our teams have asked if this issue continues to occur after further restarts. So, you mentioned your photos are gone after restarting the game - but do additional restarts seem to make a difference?

Can you also see what happens if you just quit out of your save file, and reload into the save, without restarting the game?

Our teams have not been able to reproduce this on our end, so the above information will be really helpful for investigating this further. Please let me know if I can clarify these questions at all 🙂

Official Response
  • Funkghu
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-thrupney Hello again. I did some research on the problem. I found many similar threads on the forums and they were mostly cloud related. I tried the solutions you suggested but the problem is not solved.

Here are the solutions I made:
    1) I took a picture and manually saved the game. Then I restored the save without ever leaving the game. The photo was showing, there was no problem. But when I closed the game, the same thing happened again.
    2) I deleted all saves and opened a new game. However, since the pictures are saved in the cloud and I had to see them in-game to delete them, there was still no solution. The problem of disappearing continued.
    3) I turned off and on save to cloud from Ubisoft settings. still nothing has changed

In summary I think this question is related to cloud save system and there are many people on forums having trouble with this issue. But here's the weird thing: I have 2 photos of Fornburg and I just took new one of them and both are still there. But the other photo I took at the same time in Valka's cabin in Rygjafylke just above it is again R.İ.P. Buddha brings this question to my mind. I am a lot of photo taker and I have close to 30 of my pictures in the Rygjafylke area and now my new ones are disappearing. Do regions have a limit on the number of photos? Or how did this weird problem happen?

In my previous article above, I said that the problem was only in the England map, but unfortunately this problem spread to my entire map like Covid.

Anyway. I don't want to prolong the topic too much and I will end it here. If you write solutions, I will only try them. Because I think it might be more cloud related than me.
    Thank you for your interest.
    My only wish is not to encounter such problems in the upcoming Assassin's Creed games. Because I love this game.
    The picture below is purely humorous.

(The cloud system captures the photographer child in solitude) 👿

• Ubi-LadyBlue
    Ubisoft Support Staff 656 posts

Thank you so much for grabbing us all of that information along with the images @funkghu.

I have gone ahead and made sure this was added to the report to help the teams with the investigation.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused in the meantime and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Official Response
  • Funkghu
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-ladyblue Hello. Thank you very much for your interest. By the way, sorry for the my late reply. I couldn't follow the forum. If you need any information from me, please write. I wish you a good day. 😊

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3274 posts

No worries @Funkghu . If the dev team need any further information, we will ask on here but we can also reach out to you personally through a support ticket if needed. Thanks again 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5332 posts

Hi @funkghu the development team have asked if you are still experiencing this issue after installing the 1.5.3 update?

Official Response

Suggested Topics